Page 85 of 321 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 4813
    Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

How many people can Cas take with him when he teleports?

Because the most basic plan would be to have Cas teleport the other three in to directly where Vi is, have one or two people free her while everyone else holds off Baad's security, then teleport everyone out and flee like madmen.

Given she's planning on boosting everyone to ludicrous (for this game, anyway) speed, there may not even need to be any fighting.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    How many people can Cas take with him when he teleports?

Because the most basic plan would be to have Cas teleport the other three in to directly where Vi is, have one or two people free her while everyone else holds off Baad's security, then teleport everyone out and flee like madmen.

Given she's planning on boosting everyone to ludicrous (for this game, anyway) speed, there may not even need to be any fighting.
    He could carry the four of them.

EDIT: I doubt Cleric would let it be that easy, though.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh; 12-27-2012 at 01:08 PM.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    Of course, this just means that they're going to have teleportation scrambler / jammer / blocker. Not that we know that, of course.

And what about Vi?

15 Ether does not yourself + 4 others port.

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I don't want it this way, but how the you know what can they interact if Elewa won't even talk to her? Seriously, I can't have Rivia tagging along behind him making a nusense of herself begging him to even say hi to her. She made an effort, it failed, now the ball is in his court. Play it or not, it's up to you.
    Okay, a couple of points for you here.

First up, you're using the term "made an effort," to describe Rivia's interaction with Elewa. We have already gone over, somewhat extensively, why that isn't true. Rivia has made no such effort and neither has Elewa. This isn't a complaint or a criticism, it is a statement of fact. Saying "the ball is in my court," is disingenuous and silly. Elewa already responded to Rivia's last attempt to talk to him;

She said; "I missed you,"

He said; "Why? I didn't miss you. We're not friends. We've only spoken like twice before. Why are you pretending that we're friends?"

If the ball is in anyone's court, which is a terrible statement to use in an RPG to start with, it's in Rivia's. Elewa has made it clear that he doesn't know her so he's not going to seek her out for counsel or make small talk with her. Again, this is not a criticism of Rivia, it's just how their interaction has played out.

Second; Do you understand how interaction works? I mean, I don't want to sound condescending but it sounds like you think that player interaction is limited only to small talk and being friends. It really isn't. Negative emotions are much more visceral and generally a lot more fun to write.

If Rivia talks to Elewa then he will respond. He's not just going to blank her. There are plenty of ways she could interact with him without them being friends.

To list some examples; Rivia could be like Skye and call him out on his selfish behaviour of putting his own family before the needs of the team, she could be like Cammy and have a go at him for having slightly megalomaniacal desires of leading the city once Volkov is dealt with, she could be like Robert and chastise him on his callous manipulation of Takeshi or many other things, she could be like Takeshi and whiplash between being an out of control monster man who needs controlling and then turn around and try and lecture Elewa on the importance of teamwork and responsibility (Yeah, that was kind of ironic from my view).

None of these interactions involve being friends.

Heck, you could even go the meta-textual route and have this discussion that we are having here in character. Perhaps have her be like; "Why don't you like me? I tried to be friends with you and you just blanked me and said you didn't care. What's your problem?" That would be interesting and would put Elewa on the spot and he'd have to answer why.

In short; They do not have to be friends, they do not have to like each other; but they can still interact and make some interesting writing happen. You get me?
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    Of course, this just means that they're going to have teleportation scrambler / jammer / blocker. Not that we know that, of course.

And what about Vi?

15 Ether does not yourself + 4 others port.
    He doesn't need to touch someone to teleport them. He could just as easily teleport himself and the assault team in, fight until they free Vi, then teleport the others out before himself.

If they're really going to be ludicrously fast, it'd only take a second.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Okay, a couple of points for you here.

First up, you're using the term "made an effort," to describe Rivia's interaction with Elewa. We have already gone over, somewhat extensively, why that isn't true. Rivia has made no such effort and neither has Elewa. This isn't a complaint or a criticism, it is a statement of fact. Saying "the ball is in my court," is disingenuous and silly. Elewa already responded to Rivia's last attempt to talk to him;

She said; "I missed you,"

He said; "Why? I didn't miss you. We're not friends. We've only spoken like twice before. Why are you pretending that we're friends?"

If the ball is in anyone's court, which is a terrible statement to use in an RPG to start with, it's in Rivia's. Elewa has made it clear that he doesn't know her so he's not going to seek her out for counsel or make small talk with her. Again, this is not a criticism of Rivia, it's just how their interaction has played out.

Second; Do you understand how interaction works? I mean, I don't want to sound condescending but it sounds like you think that player interaction is limited only to small talk and being friends. It really isn't. Negative emotions are much more visceral and generally a lot more fun to write.

If Rivia talks to Elewa then he will respond. He's not just going to blank her. There are plenty of ways she could interact with him without them being friends.

To list some examples; Rivia could be like Skye and call him out on his selfish behaviour of putting his own family before the needs of the team, she could be like Cammy and have a go at him for having slightly megalomaniacal desires of leading the city once Volkov is dealt with, she could be like Robert and chastise him on his callous manipulation of Takeshi or many other things, she could be like Takeshi and whiplash between being an out of control monster man who needs controlling and then turn around and try and lecture Elewa on the importance of teamwork and responsibility (Yeah, that was kind of ironic from my view).

None of these interactions involve being friends.

Heck, you could even go the meta-textual route and have this discussion that we are having here in character. Perhaps have her be like; "Why don't you like me? I tried to be friends with you and you just blanked me and said you didn't care. What's your problem?" That would be interesting and would put Elewa on the spot and he'd have to answer why.

In short; They do not have to be friends, they do not have to like each other; but they can still interact and make some interesting writing happen. You get me?
    Not really. Why should she waste her time on someone who, when she greeted him in a friendly, concerned manner, told her I don't know you and I don't want to know you? Rivia has better things to do than set herself up for that kind of abuse. The others interacte with him because he acknowledged them.

Rivia has far too much self esteem and pride to put up with that kind of behavior. Sorry, but until he is willing to acknowledge her existence, there is nothing she can say to him.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

Not really. Why should she waste her time on someone who, when she greeted him in a friendly, concerned manner, told her I don't know you and I don't want to know you? Rivia has better things to do than set herself up for that kind of abuse.
    Not to labour the point but that is your decision to make. Elewa doesn't know her and, as such, doesn't really care about her. He objected to being treated like an old friend of someone he didn't know. Rivia can deal with that how she likes, Elewa isn't fussed either way.

The others interacte with him because he acknowledged them.
    No, the others interacted with him because he said and did things they disagreed with (leaving the group/having ambitions of assuming command of the city/treated Takeshi like a resource rather than a person/etc). If Rivia doesn't react to those things then Elewa has no reason to talk to her.

Rivia has far too much self esteem and pride to put up with that kind of behavior. Sorry, but until he is willing to acknowledge her existence, there is nothing she can say to him.
    Alrighty, if that's how you want to play it then I'm happy to roll with it. As I said, if Rivia talks to Elewa then he will reply, that's how interaction works. Currently he has no reason to speak to her off his own bat so I guess there'll be a period of silence until one of us does something to mitigate the other talking to them.

And that's fine. Sometimes people in a group are like that. I'm really not fussed either way.

Though, I will point out that this...

Rivia has far too much self esteem and pride
    ...seems amusingly contradictory given how melancholic and depressed she got about Sloane having a go at her for losing control of her powers. She got a lot of pride or self-esteem issues? Which is it?

Follow me on Tumblr!

Not to labour the point but that is your decision to make. Elewa doesn't know her and, as such, doesn't really care about her. He objected to being treated like an old friend of someone he didn't know. Rivia can deal with that how she likes, Elewa isn't fussed either way.

No, the others interacted with him because he said and did things they disagreed with (leaving the group/having ambitions of assuming command of the city/treated Takeshi like a resource rather than a person/etc). If Rivia doesn't react to those things then Elewa has no reason to talk to her.

Alrighty, if that's how you want to play it then I'm happy to roll with it. As I said, if Rivia talks to Elewa then he will reply, that's how interaction works. Currently he has no reason to speak to her off his own bat so I guess there'll be a period of silence until one of us does something to mitigate the other talking to them.

And that's fine. Sometimes people in a group are like that. I'm really not fussed either way.

Though, I will point out that this...

...seems amusingly contradictory given how melancholic and depressed she got about Sloane having a go at her for losing control of her powers. She got a lot of pride or self-esteem issues? Which is it?
    Both. She has her pride, but she is very lonely. Accidentally hurting someone she thought of as a friend hurt her. That is why what Elewa did to her crushed her. She won't go begging for friends, but that doesn't mean she can't be hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post

EDIT: I doubt Cleric would let it be that easy, though.
    It's either the easy way or Irie nukes the building.

Or puts everyone within in ice.

Whichever works.

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Both. She has her pride, but she is very lonely. Accidentally hurting someone she thought of as a friend hurt her. That is why what Elewa did to her crushed her. She won't go begging for friends, but that doesn't mean she can't be hurt.
    Okay cool, but this post kind of shows that you aren't reading what I've been saying to you.

I am not expecting her to go begging Elewa to be friends. I have never insinuated that that was what Rivia should do or would want to do. I am suggesting that, if you want, you can use that negative emotion from Elewa's dismissal of her to foster some interesting interaction. Not sure how many times I need to say this so that it is clear.

Follow me on Tumblr!

Okay cool, but this post kind of shows that you aren't reading what I've been saying to you.

I am not expecting her to go begging Elewa to be friends. I have never insinuated that that was what Rivia should do or would want to do. I am suggesting that, if you want, you can use that negative emotion from Elewa's dismissal of her to foster some interesting interaction. Not sure how many times I need to say this so that it is clear.
    That's the same as begging. Why would she approach him and confront him about this? What purpose would it serve except to make Rivia appear pathetic and needy? I can't see any reason why she would do that. Everyone needs to grovel at the feet of the great and powerful Elewa...Rivia doesn't grovel at anyone's feet. Period.

That's the same as begging. Why would she approach him and confront him about this? What purpose would it serve except to make Rivia appear pathetic and needy? I can't see any reason why she would do that. Everyone needs to grovel at the feet of the great and powerful Elewa...Rivia doesn't grovel at anyone's feet. Period.
    Okay, now you're actually trying to put words in my mouth... I'm thinking this conversation isn't actually going to go anywhere meaningful.

As my final say in this; I am not saying that she should or even could grovel, that's entirely your own fabrication. I don't think it comes across as grovelling if Rivia were to say something like; "Hey Elewa, why are you such a jackass to me?" You ask why would she do this? Because it upset her. You said yourself as much, why should her sole reaction to someone hurting her feelings be to ignore them?

All I have done, pretty much throughout this conversation, is suggest some interaction that Rivia and Elewa could have that does not require them to be friends. Clearly you have a different idea to how their interaction should go and I'll just leave you to it.

Follow me on Tumblr!

Okay, now you're actually trying to put words in my mouth... I'm thinking this conversation isn't actually going to go anywhere meaningful.

As my final say in this; I am not saying that she should or even could grovel, that's entirely your own fabrication. I don't think it comes across as grovelling if Rivia were to say something like; "Hey Elewa, why are you such a jackass to me?" You ask why would she do this? Because it upset her. You said yourself as much, why should her sole reaction to someone hurting her feelings be to ignore them?

All I have done, pretty much throughout this conversation, is suggest some interaction that Rivia and Elewa could have that does not require them to be friends. Clearly you have a different idea to how their interaction should go and I'll just leave you to it.
    If, by some miracle, Elewa says even one or two words to her, for any reason, then she might respond. Until then she will probably not go out of her way to interact with him unless she absolutely has to.

If, by some miracle, Elewa says even one or two words to her, for any reason, then she might respond. Until then she will probably not go out of her way to interact with him unless she absolutely has to.

Follow me on Tumblr!

Moving onto other things, I have received confirmation that Elewa can effect buffs/debuffs/altered states simply by touching the user while using Truth Breaks Lies.

I have thus edited his power description as below to reflect that:

Truth Breaks Lies: Elewa has become so real that his body is anathema to anomaly. The empowered and the products of their abilities are rare and anomalous and are thus susceptible to his touch. Projectiles, effects or powers generated by an Empowered individual will shatter into nothingness upon touching his form. This means explosions will stop and abruptly cease to exist upon touching him, preventing splash damage, enchantments or buffs will not effect him, nor will healing or any other attempt to alter Elewa or the immediate area around him. Furthermore, if Elewa touches a person who is using a buff, debuff or other enchantment to effect their stats, said buffs/debuffs/altered states will be similarly affected by this power. However, this ability does not affect abilities born of technology so Ancient Tech user abilities will not be interfered with. Otherwise, all attacks, skills or abilities that Elewa touches will be reduced by 1/2 his Durability score. If the power behind them is less than 1/2 his Durability score, they will cease to exist completely. This ability must be consciously activate and is illustrated by the space around Elewa warping slightly, giving him a dark outline as he distorts reality around him.
    Additions have been bolded.

Follow me on Tumblr!