Page 40 of 321 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    Rai says "screw you" to spying.
    Umm, is everyone still together or did that happen separately from the group?

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WickedElphaba View Post
    Umm, is everyone still together or did that happen separately from the group?
    I have no idea where everyone else is, mainly because people have inserted themselves into conversations they couldn't have possibly have been in.

All I know is that the thunder happened where Mack and Selma were.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

I have no idea where everyone else is, mainly because people have inserted themselves into conversations they couldn't have possibly have been in.

All I know is that the thunder happened where Mack and Selma were.
    Wellll...make the call. If Skye is there she's going to redirect the lightning, because it looks like a stranger is taking a shot at Mack.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedElphaba View Post
    Wellll...make the call. If Skye is there she's going to redirect the lightning, because it looks like a stranger is taking a shot at Mack.
    Even with the weird being in multiple places thing, she wouldn't have been there.

As from what I'm reading, she responded to Cammy and to the crew around Cas, Max, Rivia.

Both groups were away from where Mack, Jacob, Takeshi, Sato-san, etc. were.

So in either case, that would be a no.

Unless someone wants to claim even weirder space shenanigans.

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

This Rai fellow. I really do like him.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Default Relevant NPCs

The Tern of Veritas

History: The Tern* of Veritas is dedicated to the memory and work of Veritas Cramoisie, who championed the cause of reuniting lost and orphaned children with their parents and, in the case of those children whose parents could not be found or were found but deemed unsuitable for the responsibilities of parenthood, providing said children with a place they could truly call home. Ever since the third century of Eden's Restored Era, the tern has protected the first daughters of the Cramoisie line- just as Veritas, the first daughter of the Cramoisie daughter at the time, protected those in her charge; its members are individuals of the Aldane family- which was the family name established by Veritas for those who had no family name. Usually- but not always- members of the Tern of Veritas take up first names whose meanings are related to truth, just as Veritas itself means truth.

*A set of three things in gambling. In this case, it refers to a set of three specifically chosen bodyguards that accompany those of the Cramoisie household during their travels. For those wondering what gambling has to do with bodyguards, the idea is that the guarded Cramoisie gambles his or her life on faith that the three guards are sufficient to defend him or her from any harm. The three members each hold a title, and have a specific function in the tern related to that title. The Shield of a tern is the guard who is always with the Cramoisie being guarded; the Shield is usually physically the toughest member of the tern and is almost always of the guarded individual's gender (for obvious reasons). The Shadow of a tern is the guard who trails the guarded and the Shield, looking out for both obvious and hidden dangers; ideally, the Shadow's presence is known only by the guarded and other tern members. The Phantom of a tern is a guard who watches over the guarded and his or her Shield or Shadow, influencing events to the guarded's advance while remaining completely undetected; a Phantom's presence is generally unknown to everyone- including the guarded and his or her Shadow and Shield- except in certain emergency situations.

Raishin Aldane

Appearance: Raishin, 31 year old Shield of Veritas

History: Rai was born in Eden's 7th sector, to a pair of 'mediators' who practiced their trade wherever they dared- which was usually as far away from their own homes as possible. Given the dangers of their 'work', Rai rarely saw his parents, but then- given the way they were when not at work- not seeing them more often was more a blessing than anything. In fact, the single best day of his life was the day he- 2 years after completing his compulsory training- was offered a chance to escape them forever. He's been the carefree protector of Irie ever since- well, at least until a few weeks before she would attend Arcadia; Rai- owing, under his own code of honor, a life debt to a couple of people he knew during his time being taught how to control his abilities- took the fall for a crime and was sent to the Gulag for his troubles.

Personality: Somewhat argumentative but otherwise easygoing, and possessed of a odd code of ethics and honor that he takes very seriously.

Power Type: Elemancer (Air / Speed)- Has a mixture of air, electricity, and sound techniques that are primarily movement related.

Theme: John Farnham- Thunder in Your Heart

Amare "the Unyielding"

Appearance: Amare, 29 year old former oddity of the All-Eden fighting circuit.

History: From the day she could walk until the day she- by government mandate- was sent to the relative heaven that was Eden's Academy, Amare knew only strife and struggle. Her father- once a fighter of some renown- was a true believer in the endless virtues of hard work, and tried his best to instill in his only daughter those same beliefs. He succeeded- perhaps a little too well; along with the beliefs he practically beat into her came something else- the idea that anything she wanted could be hers, so long as she could outlast anyone or anything that stood in her way.

This mindset served her well during her moderately successful stint as Amare the Unyielding, which ended the day she was tricked into helping a group of opportunists attempt to kidnap one Iriesia Cramoisie- who was, on that day, visiting some very distant relatives. She and the conspirators were soundly defeated by what appeared to be the young child's sole guardian- Raishin. Thoroughly ashamed at being manipulated so easily, Amare offered- without thinking- to spend the rest of her life working for Irie to pay for what she had done; thoroughly amused, Irie suggested that she work for Rai instead- after all, she explained, he was the only one harmed by what she had done. Thoroughly agreeing with logic that would allow her to one day get back at the one who had defeated her, she began working as Rai's partner in madness- and did so, until the day his sense of honor led to his imprisonment. Thoroughly annoyed- both by his honor, and by those who exploited it- Amare went to beat some sense of personal responsibility into those for whom Rai had took the fall. Thoroughly unconcerned for the reasons behind what she did, the Paragons threw the thoroughly uncaring Amare in the Gulag soon after they caught her.

Personality: Advocates personal freedom, as well as personal responsibility- the latter causing her to come into conflict with those who try to "cheat the system". Hyperenergetic, much to the chagrin of nearly everyone around her. Very aggressive and confrontational, almost as if she's trying to either pick a fight with the world or prove something to it.

Power Type: Enhancer (Stamina / Durability)- Knows Nine Rings, which allows her burn some of her excess energy in exchange for a temporary boost in physical ability.

Theme: Mental Issues- Hope Dies Last
    Last edited by FarBeyondC; 12-21-2012 at 01:28 AM.

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    This Rai fellow. I really do like him.
    Is that so?

Perhaps there's hope for my future after all.

Anyway, bit by bit, I'll be adding in information about NPCs that may be making minor appearances here and there. Next up should be Raishin Aldane, as he's the first of the Tern.

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Even with the weird being in multiple places thing, she wouldn't have been there.

As from what I'm reading, she responded to Cammy and to the crew around Cas, Max, Rivia.

Both groups were away from where Mack, Jacob, Takeshi, Sato-san, etc. were.

So in either case, that would be a no.

Unless someone wants to claim even weirder space shenanigans.
    Really? I've lost trackj of who was where. My impression was that everyone ran off to stop Takeshi's mom from pounding him into the floor, then Takeshi, his mom, and Irie went off somewhere for privacy while Cas ended up having his thing happen and had half the cast surround him. Selma was off to one side wondering what the heck was going on, presumably within sight of the Casimir Old God saga, but not close enough to listen in normally. Sloane and Rose had explicitly wandered down a whole bunch of corridors or something, but returned to the main area or wherever it was that Cas' group was as well.

So my guess would be that Mack was visible to Sloane, Casimir, Skye, Rose, Rivia, and Maxana, and that he was definitely visible to Selma and Ramilia, who were both right there, since IIRC Ramilia was talking to Selma while Max was getting infuriated with the Old Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    Really? I've lost trackj of who was where. My impression was that everyone ran off to stop Takeshi's mom from pounding him into the floor, then Takeshi, his mom, and Irie went off somewhere for privacy while Cas ended up having his thing happen and had half the cast surround him. Selma was off to one side wondering what the heck was going on, presumably within sight of the Casimir Old God saga, but not close enough to listen in normally. Sloane and Rose had explicitly wandered down a whole bunch of corridors or something, but returned to the main area or wherever it was that Cas' group was as well.

So my guess would be that Mack was visible to Sloane, Casimir, Skye, Rose, Rivia, and Maxana, and that he was definitely visible to Selma and Ramilia, who were both right there, since IIRC Ramilia was talking to Selma while Max was getting infuriated with the Old Gods.
    Except for the fact I know Takeshi and his mom didn't follow Irie and Rai, who are currently down a bunch of corridors, that sounds about right.

If I'm allow to gm a game here, I'm making position checks mandatory.

Space shenanigans make me rage.

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

FarBeyondC's List of Things That Should Have Been Done Already, But Still Aren't Because I'm Lazy, Uninspired, And Constantly Swamped With Six to Ten Different Things I Need or Want to do More- Including, Not Insignificantly, Preparations For a Job Interview in The Morning:

• The next post in the "Continuation of Things on Mars" series.
    • Character bios for Raishin, Shinbi, and Kenshin Aldane- the current Tern of Veritas.
    • Redone character bios for Galimany, Garland, Garnier, and Janias (presumed by Irie to be dead) Cramoisie
    • Character bio for Iriesia- to make the main page less pathetic, and to shorten ability descriptions to get the point across without taking ten years to read.
    • Other character related stuff I can't recall at the moment.

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post

Actually, I'm not sure how half the cast ended up with Cas during his transformation.. Max and Rivia dragged him away from everyone and Rivia sealed them off.

Actually, I'm not sure how half the cast ended up with Cas during his transformation.. Max and Rivia dragged him away from everyone and Rivia sealed them off.
    No one respects Rivia's barriers, seals and concealments.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    How strong are Rivia's barriers, concealments, and seals?

Just to see which amongst the group can justify ignoring them.

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I have noticed, as a general rule, privacy doesn't really exist in this RP..

That might be part of it.

I have noticed, as a general rule, privacy doesn't really exist in this RP..

That might be part of it.
    What do you mean? We're all always within 20 foot of each other, aren't we?