View Poll Results: Which Bat-titles will you be picking up in March?

Voters
79. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • BATMAN, INCORPORATED #9

43 54.43%
  • BATMAN AND ROBIN #18

30 37.97%
  • BATMAN #18

60 75.95%
  • TALON #6

22 27.85%
  • BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT #18

17 21.52%
  • DETECTIVE COMICS #18

40 50.63%
  • BATGIRL #18

22 27.85%
  • BATWOMAN #18

33 41.77%
  • CATWOMAN #18

10 12.66%
  • BIRDS OF PREY #18

18 22.78%
  • BATWING #18

9 11.39%
  • NIGHTWING #18

39 49.37%
  • RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #18

25 31.65%
  • BATMAN BEYOND UNLIMITED #14

7 8.86%
  • LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT #6

13 16.46%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    I just hope he goes in a 180 direction to the current series and is free to go nuts with it, let it be truly unique from the rest of the line up as are Batwoman and Red Hood. And make her more like the chick in ASBR!
    I completely agree with this! I LOVED Batgirl in ASBAR. One of my favorite depictions of Batgirl in the comics for sure, I thought Miller nailed the character perfectly. That is basically exactly how I would like to see her written and drawn. Of course I don't expect Fawkes to go that route, but I do hope he does a sharp 180 from Gail's run. My excitement was a bit lost in all the controversy but I seriously am so happy that Gail is off this book. I despised her run.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Wingnut View Post
    The Nightwing decline is staggering. That cover is horrendous, and hasnt the whole "Nightwing losing his humanity in the face of tragedy" shit been beaten to death (lol)?

I still remember the BS DC fed us DG fans about not losing status in the shift to the new 52, not only is his status completely gone, so are his great writers, artists, and the vast majority of his history.

Whaaaaa whaaa says the fanboy
    Totally agree dude. Nightwing needs a new artist and really probably a new writer at this point. I liked some of Higgins' plot concepts (bringing the circus troupe back) but after 15 issues the book has kinda failed to do anything interesting and the whole thing is too dark and generic. Nightwing needs to have a unique identity so the book and character does not come off as Batman-lite.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Wingnut View Post
    The Nightwing decline is staggering. That cover is horrendous, and hasnt the whole "Nightwing losing his humanity in the face of tragedy" shit been beaten to death (lol)?

I still remember the BS DC fed us DG fans about not losing status in the shift to the new 52, not only is his status completely gone, so are his great writers, artists, and the vast majority of his history.

Whaaaaa whaaa says the fanboy
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    Totally agree dude. Nightwing needs a new artist and really probably a new writer at this point. I liked some of Higgins' plot concepts (bringing the circus troupe back) but after 15 issues the book has kinda failed to do anything interesting and the whole thing is too dark and generic. Nightwing needs to have a unique identity so the book and character does not come off as Batman-lite.
    Can't say i disagree . I think this series has had its moments, and i do think Amusement mile could be really cool, but after all the art issues, the lacking villains, DeFalco, ect, i am unfortunately getting kind of frustrated with this series. Now they said that a bold new direction is coming after DotF, and i hope thats true. I certainly think the title could use some bold. We'll see i guess.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-13-2012 at 09:42 AM.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

I completely agree with this! I LOVED Batgirl in ASBAR. One of my favorite depictions of Batgirl in the comics for sure, I thought Miller nailed the character perfectly. That is basically exactly how I would like to see her written and drawn. Of course I don't expect Fawkes to go that route, but I do hope he does a sharp 180 from Gail's run.
    Batgirl in that version was her WORST depiction ever. It was stupid bubble gum depiction at it's "finest". How anyone would want such dreck to be foisted onto an INTELLIGENT character.....But as you said, it's ridiculous to believe that a character is going to get a total personality transplant with a new writer, and I notice only the haters of the vol. 3 of Batgirl to date have been fan wishing for that. As I said before, Superman won't turn into a Darkseid like dictator of Earth, and Batman won't turn into Dora the Explorer in personality, don't expect too far a departure in Batgirl's current personality despite a new writer coming onboard.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Batgirl in that version was her WORST depiction ever. It was stupid bubble gum depiction at it's "finest". How anyone would want such dreck to be foisted onto an INTELLIGENT character.....But as you said, it's ridiculous to believe that a character is going to get a total personality transplant with a new writer, and I notice only the haters of the vol. 3 of Batgirl to date have been fan wishing for that. As I said before, Superman won't turn into a Darkseid like dictator of Earth, and Batman won't turn into Dora the Explorer in personality, don't expect too far a departure in Batgirl's current personality despite a new writer coming onboard.
    The depiction of Barbara Gordon, aka the Dominoed Daredoll better known as Batgirl, in ASBAR was far more in touch with the character's classic depiction than her current run by Simone. The character IS a bubblegum character by nature. She was depicted as such from her debut till The Killing Joke, and then again in movies, animated adaptations, and miniseries reflecting the character's time in the suit.

If you care so much about Barbara Gordon, aka the Dominoed Daredoll better known as Batgirl's intelligence, then it's illogical for you to even like what happened with the character in the past year. She went from a hyper-genius with complete control of information intelligence in the DCU to a second-string common vigilante with confidence problems. The entire POINT of putting Barbara Gordon, aka the Dominoed Daredoll better known as Batgirl, back in the suit was to return the character to her bubblegum roots.

Also, since I know you like to play the "sales = fan response" game, ASBAR's sales were significantly higher than Simone's Batgirl.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

BANNED

Just Inc. I really hate this line.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Wasn't the whole point of Batgirl was that she did it "for the banter" as the kids say? She's out there to have fun being a superhero.

I still think it appears that Damian might be taking a dirt nap. Either that, or DC is leaving the door open for that as a red herring.

Sad to Hurwitz will be delivering a boring Mad Hatter story as he has with Scarecrow.

Interesting that Batwoman will be getting a new partner.

Lots of fascinating stuff.

For more news, reviews, and commentary for the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net.

The depiction of Barbara Gordon, aka the Dominoed Daredoll better known as Batgirl, in ASBAR was far more in touch with the character's classic depiction than her current run by Simone. The character IS a bubblegum character by nature. She was depicted as such from her debut till The Killing Joke, and then again in movies, animated adaptations, and miniseries reflecting the character's time in the suit.

If you care so much about Barbara Gordon, aka the Dominoed Daredoll better known as Batgirl's intelligence, then it's illogical for you to even like what happened with the character in the past year. She went from a hyper-genius with complete control of information intelligence in the DCU to a second-string common vigilante with confidence problems. The entire POINT of putting Barbara Gordon, aka the Dominoed Daredoll better known as Batgirl, back in the suit was to return the character to her bubblegum roots.

Also, since I know you like to play the "sales = fan response" game, ASBAR's sales were significantly higher than Simone's Batgirl.
    I tried to figure it out and failed. What does "ASBAR" stand for?

Personally, I much prefer Oracle to Batgirl. This is a regression for Barbara.

Quote Originally Posted by BatWatch View Post
    I tried to figure it out and failed. What does "ASBAR" stand for?
    All-Star Batman and Robin.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

I'm kinda wondering what the hell the last 4 issues of Batman Inc could be about. The next three sound pretty darn climatic, Robot Batman vs ninja man-bats(an alarming twist!), Bruce vs Talia finally after years of waiting, the big Heretic reveal/confrontation, Gotham hanging in the balance, etc.

But I guess Hurt has to figure into this.

For me it will be Catwoman.......................................

Making Mischief The Great Grape's Avatar

Dark Knight
    Detective
    Batgirl
    Birds

With Mr.Freeze, Mad Hatter, and Penguin, it looks like a good month for neat classic villains.
    Stuff people complain about on boards is stuff that sells best.Stuff boards & Tumblr support almost uniformly sells poorly.I am not happy about this,it makes me sad.But itís true-Gail Simone(edit)

Ha, at first the poll made me realize that I'm picking up too many of the Bat titles in my pull box. But then the covers posts make me want to get even more. *sigh*

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Batman INC #9
    Talon #6
    Red Hood and the Outlaws #18
    Batwing #18
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra