U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Default Wonder Woman #12 nominated for best single issue

Well, never let it be said that I didn't support the rights of others to enjoy Azzarello's writing.

It seems WW #12 has been nominated for best single issue of 2012. You can vote here

http://au.ign.com/wikis/best-of-2012...le_Comic_Issue

I'm afraid I can't give it my vote because I really enjoyed Angel and Faith #08 more [so I voted other]. But if you liked it and think it was the best, vote for Diana
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

OH YES. My favorite issue of my favorite series. Well, besides Popeye #7. Pity all the other choices are so damned popular.

Its a great one, but Action #15 has it beat in my opinion. But it looks like this poll was made too early to add it in.

I was rarely as thrilled over an issue as I was with WW#12 I voted for that one.

Spider-men#4 was amazing too. AC # 9 was great as well but had story structure issues (typical Morrison fare)
    Steve Rogers: You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?
    James Barnes: Hell, no! The little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him."

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

WW #12 is among my candidates for DC issue of the year, as well as a handful of other WW issues. I need to go back and review the 2 dozen others. But aye, AC #15 looks to be the leading contender.
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Does anyone know who won?
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

Hawkeye #3 from the looks of it. That was a ridiculously good comic, so I'm okay with this.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    Hawkeye #3 from the looks of it. That was a ridiculously good comic, so I'm okay with this.
    I just read Hawkeye #3 today and I will agree - that is one SOLID single issue.

I call shenanigans on that list! They nominate Batman #12, but not #5? Also, why the hell isn't Swamp Thing #7 listed? They gave that issue a perfect score! I question IGN's comics awarding skills, especially when J.H. Williams III wasn't nominated for best artist or Jonathan Hickman for best writer (I'm not even a fan of his but I can tell he had a better output this year than Waid who won) either!

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I call shenanigans on that list! They nominate Batman #12, but not #5? Also, why the hell isn't Swamp Thing #7 listed? They gave that issue a perfect score! I question IGN's comics awarding skills, especially when J.H. Williams III wasn't nominated for best artist or Jonathan Hickman for best writer (I'm not even a fan of his but I can tell he had a better output this year than Waid who won) either!
    I found Batman #12 a letdown after the work Snyder did in #5, in fact.