Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by benicio127 View Post
    This is the a part of the dream sequence scene I was mentioning for those who didn't get the page. Bruce has all of the Batkids interacting with one another in a very family-like way and they're all sweater-cozy domestic:

I am just not getting this whole transformed Jason. He hasn't given up arms but he is still accepted by Bruce. Either he has become more morally flexible in company of Damian or he doesn't mind Jason wacking some aliens. This phase or character arc of Jason is very similar to the one he had on Crisis on infinite earths filled with same goofy space and fairyland adventures. It feels like Bruce, Jason is also losing his X-factor that made him a unique character in the ocean of supporting Bat-family characters.

If this goes on, there is a probability that he will again end up being just a costume in the showcase.

Quote Originally Posted by benicio127 View Post
    This is the a part of the dream sequence scene I was mentioning for those who didn't get the page. Bruce has all of the Batkids interacting with one another in a very family-like way and they're all sweater-cozy domestic:

I think the reason why this didn't make the impression on me that it did on you is because of what we had a couple of months ago over in Inc

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

I just can't get why some people think this is great. "Atlas Shrugged" is a more compelling story than the last 3 issues, and it probably has less words. Batgirl has been interesting, Batman & Robin was great, even Suicide Squad upped it's game. The title literally has one of the best artists in the business and it still feels the need to tell us every emotion the characters are having. On top of that, the character of Bruce doesn't exist, no matter what he still acts like Batman. He even had him walk around in costume without the cowl, while everyone else was in full disguise, for half the issue.

Oh, and the idea that Dick thought Jason's presence was acceptable, or that Damian and Tim didn't trade verbal barbs at least, clearly indicates that Snyder does not understand the characters of the 4 Robins at all.

Once again, the back-up was amazing compared to the main title.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    Batgirl has been interesting
    Nowhere near as good as Batman
    Batman & Robin was great
    Agreed
    even Suicide Squad upped it's game
    Now I know you're reaching. Book's not good.
    On top of that, the character of Bruce doesn't exist
    Sure he does; Gotham Initiatve, Zero issue, the annual are all great examples of Snyder being able to write a good Bruce Wayne
    no matter what he still acts like Batman. He even had him walk around in costume without the cowl, while everyone else was in full disguise, for half the issue.
    Well, he was drugged and woke up in the cave in his costume, without his cowl. What was he supposed to say "oh wait, you guys have your masks on? Let me get mines on so we can continue talking."?

Oh, and the idea that Dick thought Jason's presence was acceptable, or that Damian and Tim didn't trade verbal barbs at least, clearly indicates that Snyder does not understand the characters of the 4 Robins at all.
    Why is it such a stretch for Jason to be there? Especially, after he was just accepted by Bruce over in Inc? Also, there was more pressing matters to get to. I'm sure Tim and Damian were more concerned with other things, rather than bickering at each other.
    Last edited by maxpower00044; 12-19-2012 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    Why is it such a stretch for Jason to be there? Especially, after he was just accepted by Bruce over in Inc? Also, there was more pressing matters to get to. I'm sure Tim and Damian were more concerned with other things, rather than bickering at each other.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. Things are very serious now and they are putting their differences aside now in order to deal with this problem at the moment.

I don't think Bruce can accept Jason into his company and still tell Damian he shouldn't kill. It is a double standard and means Bruce is not holdoing true to his philosophy that killing and using guns is wrong. By accepeting Jason into his company, he is nodding at and accepting practices he has long fought against and this undermines what makes him a great character- the man who does not lose his moral compass or weaken his resolve no matter how dark the world gets.

I like Jason and I think Bruce can like Jason, but he shouldn't accept him into his company.
    Chill!

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

Sure he does; Gotham Initiatve, Zero issue, the annual are all great examples of Snyder being able to write a good Bruce Wayne Well, he was drugged and woke up in the cave in his costume, without his cowl. What was he supposed to say "oh wait, you guys have your masks on? Let me get mines on so we can continue talking."?
    You're joking right? Snyder's Bruce acts like Batman. Zero issue and the entire Lincoln March arc proved that.

Why is it such a stretch for Jason to be there? Especially, after he was just accepted by Bruce over in Inc? Also, there was more pressing matters to get to. I'm sure Tim and Damian were more concerned with other things, rather than bickering at each other
    I guess none of you remember being a teenager. Did you stop fighting with your sister at x-mas because your mom told you not to make a scene in front of your grandmother? Also nothing in Inc. has anything to do with this continuity. But even if it did, that doesn't settle Dick and Jason's issues. B&R tried but it just gave everyone more reason to hate Damian.

In the end these are minor minor problems compared to the fact that the guy actually wrote the words telling us that Joker is in love with Bats. I've read Dostoyevsky novels that were less wordy.

In the end these are minor minor problems compared to the fact that the guy actually wrote the words telling us that Joker is in love with Bats.
    Seriously. I'm kinda surprised there isn't more blather over that.

As much as I didn't really care for the issue already, that made me pretty much hate it.

You're joking right? Snyder's Bruce acts like Batman. Zero issue and the entire Lincoln March arc proved that.
    No, I'm not. Bruce Wayne in Snyder's stories reminds me of Bruce Wayne in TAS.

I guess none of you remember being a teenager. Did you stop fighting with your sister at x-mas because your mom told you not to make a scene in front of your grandmother?
    these aren't normal teenagers. I'm pretty sure they can figure out when to put their differences aside for the greater good.
    Also nothing in Inc. has anything to do with this continuity. But even if it did, that doesn't settle Dick and Jason's issues. B&R tried but it just gave everyone more reason to hate Damian.
    Hmmm... They've mentioned Inc in the last two issues of Batman, and plenty of times in B&R. Of course it's part of the same continuity. And in Inc., Batman and the rest of the Fam have seemed to cut Jason some slack. Morrison wrote it, it can't be wrong. :)

in the end these are minor minor problems compared to the fact that the guy actually wrote the words telling us that Joker is in love with Bats. I've read Dostoyevsky novels that were less wordy.

I don't get mad at things that have been alluded to in Batman comics. Snyder is saying something that's been there since DKR. People make it like he invented this idea. If readers can't see that Joker has always had a little bit of an effectuation with Batman to the point where it's a lil "weird", then what can I tell ya? Hmmm, Even Nolan's Joker told Batman "You Complete Me", which was something a Man told a Woman he LOVES in Jerry McGuire.
    Last edited by maxpower00044; 12-19-2012 at 11:36 AM.

People make it like he invented this idea......
    It's not that he "invented it" or whatever, it's just that he wrote it so poorly and heavy handed.

Allusions and asides are one thing. This really was just silly.

It reads like a bad romance novel.

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    It's not that he "invented it" or whatever, it's just that he wrote it so poorly and heavy handed.

Allusions and asides are one thing. This really was just silly.

It reads like a bad romance novel.
    I don't read romance novels, so I wouldn't know. All I know is I like what I'm reading, and will continue to read it. But, if ever becomes bad to me, what I won't do is tell everyone how bad it is month, after month. Once I dislike something I just cut it out of my life. Was never the type to have to harp on things.

Well, it works for me. What more can I tell ya?
    Last edited by maxpower00044; 12-19-2012 at 11:50 AM.

I don't read romance novels, so I wouldn't know. All I know is I like what I'm reading, and will continue to read it. But, if ever becomes bad to me, what I won't do is tell everyone how bad it is month, after month. Once I dislike something I just cut it out of my life. Was never the type to have to harp on things.

Well, it works for me. What more can I tell ya?
    Oh, truly you are the greatest comic fan. Only you know how to read comics correctly. Thank you for showing us the way.

If only we all read comics like you do, the world would be a better place.

Seriously, get over yourself.

And to the point in bold: do I need to repost your comments from the Nightwing #14 thread to show everyone how hypocritical you're being, or would you rather just come down off your high horse and drop the subject?

Once I dislike something I just cut it out of my life.
    Not as easy for me. I've been buying these things a long time now. Honestly, I'm still in a bit of shock over how much something I used to love sucks right now.

I'm still hoping it's temporary. Not the first time I've had to wait for a writer to move on.

Unfortunately, with the quality of Batman comics dropping as low as it has, I might actually follow your example and quit once Inc is over.

Screw it, I've got time.

In response to Defalco not being a good writer, Max said:

Never mind DeFalco (although, I agree). Let's talk about how an artist that works at DC comics doesn't even know where to put the spikes on Nightwing's guantlets. I might just not read this issue, and buy it so I don't have a gap in the run. This book needs a good, consistent artist, bad!
    and then:

Seriously, how hasn't anyone said to this guy "Hey! The spikes go on the outside of the forearm line up with the pinky! Not on the top of his forearm, lined up with the back of the hand!". I blame DC just as much as I blame the artist. This should have been corrected months ago.
    Whoa there. That sounds awfully nitpicky, friend. Sounds like if you dislike the writing and the art that bad, you shouldn't just go buy Nightwing month after month like that. That's not what I would do, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by tylenoljones View Post
    Screw it, I've got time.

In response to Defalco not being a good writer, Max said:

and then:

Whoa there. That sounds awfully nitpicky, friend. Sounds like if you dislike the writing and the art that bad, you shouldn't just go buy Nightwing month after month like that. That's not what I would do, anyway.
    This is laughable if you think my complaints and your complaints are even in the same ballpark. I wasn't harping and dissecting the issue every other post. I said my piece (or pieces) and moved on. Also, that was, that was a temporary change, and I was STILL BUYING THE BOOK (I even specified in the post why I was still doing so)! I wasn't skimming it at the LCS and reading previews to make my judgments. And, if the gauntlet spikes being in a different spot in every panel didn't irk you, more power to you. That was irks the s**t out of me (and it was hardly a nitpick since it's a FACT where the guantlets spikes are placed.). Now, Higgins is back, so I can go back to enjoying the book. Still needs a consistent artist, though.