Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

You are really overplaying his innocence he's going to jail anyway

The honorable thing would have been to let the Joker kill you instead of getting pressured into one of his schemes where even more people are going to die. Batman busting through the glass and embarrassing him in front of his kids should be the least of his worries.

Who cares if he scares some kids Batman is not Superman who has to get by on being some christ allegory. Batman is a guy who wears all black and sounds like death. Only the broken kiddies like Damian think he's cool anyway.
    Bravo Snyder
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

Hey Batman, are you certain Joker did not get into the Batcave all those years ago? You seem uncertain... j/k!

I Kick Crime in the Balls The Greatest Hero's Avatar

I find this arc very underwhelming. Hopefully it picks up next issue in Arkham, but I'm concerned it's going to lean on the Arkham Asylum(the book) vibe too much. Certainly seemed that way the way the scene of Batman entering the building was drawn and written.

I feel like this issue was nothing but a filler type issue and to put further distance between Batman and the rest of the family. At the same time I feel like Bruce was just being very very stubborn and irrational in the cave. I also noticed he took a disliking to Tim in particular. I doubt Snyder did that on purpose though. Disliking might not be the best word used here though.

Not to mention Bruce not bringing up the events with the Black Glove and him being pretty much mask less right in front of Joker and the scene after Todd originally died with Joker looking at Bruce and then walking away laughing. I could maybe see not bringing up the second one because that was just a little wink at us fans that Joker probably knows but the events in RIP should of been brought up.
    PSN: BloodOps
    "Tt..You can't just build a boat and hope darkness magically sails away with it."

"Why not? It's my boat."

Enjoyed this issue for what is was, seems everything will be hitting the fan next issue. I came into this arc with low expectations after the way the Owls ended, but for the most part I think it has been very good.

I'm finally starting to realize that Snyder is a great storyteller, but the stories themselves are pretty shallow. It's like he's trying to write a classic which ends up feeling like a ripoff and ultimately becomes a major letdown. His writing style is great, but the story....not so much. Best thing to come out of this event was B&R #15.
    Gimme gimme shock treatment.

I've always been a big horror guy, and Snyder plays up that aspect of the Bat-universe better than most writers have, he's definitely trying to keep the "Dark" in the Dark Knight, and #15 was no different. The issue set the stage for the next, which is what comics are supposed to do, leave you anticipating the next one. It may seem like filler at some points, but in terms of advancing the plot, it did lay down some critical foundations: Namely the cracks of mistrust within the Family and the inevitable showdown at Arkham, so hopefully with that out of the way, the next issue can focus on more action & more family ties fraying.

I love me some bat family discussion. I thought everyone got their little points with Bruce. Damain shocked that Bruce would keep something from him, Babs hurt, Tim being so rational about the events, Jason being a sarcastic dick, and Dick calling Bruce on his bullshit to his face.

Finally got the issue last night (I subscribe through dc directly) and I gotta say I loved it. The dream sequence was chilling and I like how another poster pointed out that in Bruce's mind Jason just captured the Joker. Joker shooting the horse and Steve was hilarious, and his petting Riddler's ego while forcing him to escape a death trap was perfect. Loved the family interaction with them making great points against Bruce's, and the art of watching him enter the Asylum with few words was perfect

Quote Originally Posted by benicio127
    Also, loved that Bruce's dream sequence had Jason capturing the Joker and *not* killing him. That is just so perfectly Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor13 View Post
    The dream sequence was chilling and I like how another poster pointed out that in Bruce's mind Jason just captured the Joker.
    Re-read the issue last night - now I get it. My bad

What issue does this event end in?

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Re-read the issue last night - now I get it. My bad
    This is the a part of the dream sequence scene I was mentioning for those who didn't get the page. Bruce has all of the Batkids interacting with one another in a very family-like way and they're all sweater-cozy domestic:

~*Oh my Stars and Garters*~
    Check out f!yeahjtoddz. It's hella relevant to my interests.

Quote Originally Posted by HXHAlex View Post
    What issue does this event end in?

10 char

Quote Originally Posted by benicio127 View Post
    This is the a part of the dream sequence scene I was mentioning for those who didn't get the page. Bruce has all of the Batkids interacting with one another in a very family-like way and they're all sweater-cozy domestic:

I like how they have put everyone in very nice clean cut clothing and Jason in a leather Jacket, ala Fonz

On a different note, I really love how Capullo draws a realistic Bruce Wayne/Batman in terms of build. Some artists make Batman look like he has muscles growing out of muscles on-top of more muscles.