Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I think his Batman run worked for what it was. I wasn't a fan, but the simple, pointless action superhero Batman book was a fair enough niche among all the Bat-books at the time. I didn't really take it too seriously. But then he took over Detective Comics and was basically doing violent stuff in the most shallow, stupidest way.

I do agree with MillerFan about Snyder's characterization of Batman. While I don't like that portrayal, I suppose it's a fair characterization.
    I guess it's what we've got to work with. It just seems so tacky.

I really thought Daniel had some good ideas, I just think he needed someone to help flesh em out or something. I lthought his Falcone thing could have gone somewhere, and some of the villains he came up with right near the end I thought were great characters in mediocre stories.

BANNED

I remember the Black Mask II stuff was actually pretty interesting, though it seemed like David Hine was doing the actually deep parts of that story in the Arkham mini.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerFan View Post
    But sadly, he turned out to be Tony Daniel v2.0 with a pastiche for gimmicky storylines and poor characterizations.
    I think this is a very fair comparison. I really liked Life After Death, just as I liked Black Mirror, but both stories started dropping in quality around their final issues and the arcs both writers have done since have been dreadful.
    Last edited by zur en arrh; 12-14-2012 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bebop_cola View Post
    I fucking LOVED this issue. The best of the DotF arc so far. Not sure how anyone could really dislike it, tbh. People are so picky about comic books. This issue was great. The art was fucking brilliant from that first page to the last, which connected to the first and made it all come full circle. For the first time during this arc I actually can't wait to read the next issue. It's driving me crazy!

Batman and Robin 15 was also outstanding with brilliant twisted artwork.
    Totally agreed. I actually read this one twice, which I only do with books I really love. Scott Snyder can basically write the Bat-Family forever. Love the tension between the kids and Bruce. He did an especially great job with Jason, particularly the "pffft like it's secure" comment. Also, loved that Bruce's dream sequence had Jason capturing the Joker and *not* killing him. That is just so perfectly Bruce. Loved every scene, and Capullo's artwork is scary in the right places and fun in others.
    ~*Oh my Stars and Garters*~
    Check out f!yeahjtoddz. It's hella relevant to my interests.

Quote Originally Posted by benicio127 View Post
    Also, loved that Bruce's dream sequence had Jason capturing the Joker and *not* killing him. That is just so perfectly Bruce.
    Did I miss something?

Nice issue, but so far #13 was the best..

There are a lot of aspects of this story that seem to mash-up Joker's greatest moments instead of raising the bar... which is kind of silly given the huge propaganda done for this arc...

Bruce characterization still is quite poor IMO, we still have the confident, cocky Bruce, full of flaws and always making it wrong : / I mean... it's actually terrible... this Bruce just plain sucks, the guy does EVERYTHING wrong... I think it's ok to Humanize a character such as Batman, but the story itself, and the arrogance surrounding his ideas don't match with his actions at all...

The story is good, but not stellar, or epic, or anything, just a plain good Batman story, nothing to praise.

PS: Yes, Snyder's Joker is supposed to be read with Heath's voice, there are even some lines "borrowed" from TDK, directly or in a differente way... Bassically is Heath with a Slipknot mask... which actually Greg is a fan of... so the influence is quite clear...
    Last edited by Davidian; 12-14-2012 at 06:51 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    I guess some people just don't accept the popularity of Bruce Wayne the Caped Crusader better known as Batman.
    On a side note, anyone else pumped for "Bruce Wayne, the Caped Crusader Better Known as Batman: The Dark Knight #15"?

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Did I miss something?
    You n me both. I think they left that page out of my copy.

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    You n me both. I think they left that page out of my copy.
    me too
    Currently reading: Flash 227-Flashpoint

I thought it was kinda goofy. The guy was a victim in this case, being used by the Joker.

To do that to him, particularly in front of his children, seemed really heavy handed and uncool.

I'm not saying he wouldn't confront him in his own home, just not in front of his children.

Makes him look like a bad guy. A stupid one at that.
    Batman is a dick.

Deal with it!
    "Calm down, call Batman." - Greg Capullo

Quote Originally Posted by Trey View Post
    Batman is a dick.

Deal with it!
    Well techincally he isn't always. He certianly can be a dick from time to time from situation to situation, but not always.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I remember the Black Mask II stuff was actually pretty interesting, though it seemed like David Hine was doing the actually deep parts of that story in the Arkham mini.
    Yeah, I liked Hine's stuff on that more than Daniel's. Hine was actually one of my collaborative choices for Daniel.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Well techincally he isn't always. He certianly can be a dick from time to time from situation to situation, but not always.
    Yeah, and this kinda goes beyond just being a dick. He looks like a thoughtless fool.

"Oh, sh!t....You're just being manipulated by the Joker??? Well...."(looks at hands)"Sorry about the window." (Turns to family)"You kids stay in school!"(Exits through other window)

Yeah, and this kinda goes beyond just being a dick. He looks like a thoughtless fool.

"Oh, sh!t....You're just being manipulated by the Joker??? Well...."(looks at hands)"Sorry about the window." (Turns to family)"You kids stay in school!"(Exits through other window)
    Ahh, he'll send them some money later to pay for the damages.

And in terms of being a thoughtless fool and huge dick to people, this ain't nothing compared Batman Noel.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    ...this ain't nothing compared Batman Noel.
    I didn't read that, but he IS the Scrooge character in that tale, so being a dick kinda goes with the territory.

The Batman I know wouldn't do this to the children, not only because it would be cruel, but because it would give them an early message that Batman is the enemy. No foresight.