Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vil_Dee View Post
    I wasn't talking about children reading the comic, I was talking about you clutching your pearls because Snyder had Bats freak out a bunch of kids during their special family time.
    Yeah, clearly Batman should terrify children more. That's whats been missing from superhero comics all these years. What was i thinking?

Maybe next he can terrorize the children's ward at the local hospital, or burn down a Chuck E Cheese. I mean, if there's a dude he needs to talk to inside, why not?

I'm sure the city will build him a statue afterwards, just like at the end of The Dark Knight Rises, just for being so cool.

No I don't. That's just how I talk. I'm exhuberant
    That's not the word I would use, but if you say so.

Quote Originally Posted by tylenoljones View Post
    . Which is acceptable, but why some acknowledgement of that fact would've been appropriate.

Otherwise we're just left with one more instance of Bruce acting like a brat.
    The thing is I think we are like Robin was in that scene in the show. We've seen Batman attack someone in front of their family and, like Robin, we are left with a feeling that he was out of line however I tend to believe that, like what happened in the show, Bruce Wayne will do something that will rectify the situation and that we will probably see it at the conclusion of the arc.

I also think that it is explainable given the situation. As I said before Batman is desperate to find Alfred knowing the things that Joker is capable of (he has after all killed a Robin among other things) and I can see why he wouldn't want to waste his time with waiting for the guy to be alone to interrogate him.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    ....and I can see why he wouldn't want to waste his time with waiting for the guy to be alone to interrogate him.
    Yeah, but destroying his window, traumatizing his children and wife,...and he's an innocent victim?

It's more than a little over the top.

The thing is I think we are like Robin was in that scene in the show. We've seen Batman attack someone in front of their family and, like Robin, we are left with a feeling that he was out of line
    I dunno, some people seemed to like that. Maybe we're just supposed to shout "Hell Yeah!" whenever Batman punches someone or causes property damage.

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    Yeah, but destroying his window, traumatizing his children and wife,...and he's an innocent victim?

Stop clutching your pearls over the poor little children!

They could use some glass shards and wood splinters thrown into their face from time to time. I bet Aquaman throws broken glass at kids all the time, and no one gives him grief.

Quote Originally Posted by tylenoljones View Post
    Stop clutching your pearls over the poor little children!
    (gasps in horror)
    Doesn't ANYone think of the children???

I bet Aquaman throws broken glass at kids all the time, and no one gives him grief.
    Yeah, but nobody likes Aquaman anyway.

Depends on whether or not you believe that Batman's head is in the game right now. I don't believe that it is because I think he is allowing his emotions to overrule his normal logical approach to things, which is why he did what he did in that scene. He's clearly not thinking straight because he is worried about Alfred who is in the hands of the Joker and he's just as clearly willing to do anything to find a lead to Alfred's whereabouts.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Depends on whether or not you believe that Batman's head is in the game right now.
    I hear ya man. I just don't really care much for the new 52 depiction of Batman for the most part, but honestly this issue, more than any other since last September made me consider dropping Batman comics.

Another poster pondered that he felt he might have outgrown the character. (Mr. Holmes to be specific...) I don't know if I feel I've outgrown the character so much as the character I enjoy has become something I no longer enjoy.

I didn't change. Batman has.

Yeah, but destroying his window, traumatizing his children and wife,...
    psst...that was his daughter (the guy's widowed...).

The guy holding her back is probably her boyfriend (at the very least)...

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    psst...that was his daughter (the guy's widowed...).

On that detail I stand corrected.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    95% of the comic reading community reads manga and/or European comics.

It's a minority who read American ones, and yeah it's the LCD-appealing comics that sell the most, like Justice League and AvX. Appealing artists + brand recognition mainly sell books in the direct market.
    Gotta remember this is a primarily American forum (omg where's my proof, how dare I conjecture omg...). Pretty sure whenever a(n American) poster here references stats, conjecture or not, they're referring to the States most likely.
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    Gotta remember this is a primarily American forum (omg where's my proof, how dare I conjecture omg...). Pretty sure whenever a(n American) poster here references stats, conjecture or not, they're referring to the States most likely.
    But where's your proof?

Omg so much conjecture????

:)

I had really high hopes when Snyder took over this title. But sadly, he turned out to be Tony Daniel v2.0 with a pastiche for gimmicky storylines and poor characterizations. I don't know why his story is more focused on the homo-eroticism between Batman and Joker rather than their ideas. All the great Joker stories, whether The Killing Joke, Return of the Joker or The Dark Knight, all featured a struggle between their ideals and view of society. His stories seems to be the dark mirror of everything that has transpired in the last few years of storylines. His stories are bent on portraying Bruce as a narcissist, megalomaniac with trust issues who is as incompetent as Hal Jordan on his good day. And what I dislike most is this incompetence will get resolved after getting a crash course from Joker. It seems as the main play of Snyder is presenting the reader with twisted and dark reflection of old and classic tales like Mr. Freeze's origin story 'The Cold Heart' .

i enjoyed the 1st 2 issues of this story but have mixed feelings about this issue.. and it seems this story is just a rehash of other joker/batman stories..

Quote Originally Posted by MillerFan View Post
    His stories are bent on portraying Bruce as a narcissist, megalomaniac with trust issues who is as incompetent as Hal Jordan on his good day. .
    He definitely seems pretty vacant.

I really had high hopes for Snyder's Batman.

And I'm really disappointed.

I was going to stay away from your Tony Daniel comparison....but as much as I didn't care for his run, he did come up with some pretty cool character designs and backgrounds. I gotta give him that. With a collaborative writer I think his run really might have been something special.

BANNED

He definitely seems pretty vacant.

I really had high hopes for Snyder's Batman.

And I'm really disappointed.

I was going to stay away from your Tony Daniel comparison....but as much as I didn't care for his run, he did come up with some pretty cool character designs and backgrounds. I gotta give him that. With a collaborative writer I think his run really might have been something special.
    I think his Batman run worked for what it was. I wasn't a fan, but the simple, pointless action superhero Batman book was a fair enough niche among all the Bat-books at the time. I didn't really take it too seriously. But then he took over Detective Comics and was basically doing violent stuff in the most shallow, stupidest way.

I do agree with MillerFan about Snyder's characterization of Batman. While I don't like that portrayal, I suppose it's a fair characterization.