Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    Oh, and I have to say it every time I see it. Broken City was terrible. Azz has no handle on Batman, at all.
    Hey look at that. We do agree on something.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    Hey look at that. We do agree on something.
    In the grand scheme of things, I'm sure we would agree more than disagree. Just when it comes to this story, we don't see eye to eye.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    What you fail to understand is that I made a comment on the actual writing, not on the fictional character, which is something to which you do frequently on other related threads. So point? Fail.
    I would suggest you get over people's dislike of Batgirl if you want to be taken seriously on these boards when criticizing another book and saying that a writer has no handle on a character. Also it's hilarious you bast about Batgirl's fantastic sales and how they prove the haters wrong yet hate this book, DC's best selling title at the moment. If we use your logic, it's pretty clear that your argument is mute as over a 100,000 readers apparently love this title and this is what they expect from Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Like you do with Gail Simone's writing on a regular basis?
    I think you're mistaking me for someone else. If you look at my posts on the last few individual issues and the annual you'd see I thought they were definite improvements and found them at least to some degree quite enjoyable, and even defended aspects of them to Arnoldo.

Tec and TDK both suck right now too and garner similar criticisms.
    The main complaint I hear about Tec is that it feels too standard or too much like a Dixon or Dini book and the main complaint I hear about TDK is that it's too violent. None of them get Snyder's complaints which is that he overuses metaphors, is too overwritten and are all about gamechanging stories.

I didn't invent anything. Batman jumped through a window and harassed an innocent man in front of his family. That doesn't fit for me.
    A man who at the time seemed guilty. You're saying Batman not knowing the details of the man's motives when there was no way he could've known that from the evidence he gathered means he's not a detective or that's not what Batman does. It's not rare or unusual for Batman to (quite literally in this case) jump in when he's pressed for time. When he sees someone getting mugged does he stand there and carefully compile evidence to understand the mugger's motives?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquacatlungfish View Post
    I would suggest you get over people's dislike of Batgirl if you want to be taken seriously on these boards when criticizing another book and saying that a writer has no handle on a character. Also it's hilarious you bast about Batgirl's fantastic sales and how they prove the haters wrong yet hate this book, DC's best selling title at the moment. If we use your logic, it's pretty clear that your argument is mute as over a 100,000 readers apparently love this title and this is what they expect from Batman.
    I guess some people just don't accept the popularity of Bruce Wayne the Caped Crusader better known as Batman.

He's Batman, he just gets up and leaves. Batman DGAF. But, your third answer seemed best. Let the guy explain why Batman was after him. I'm sure they'd understand.
    And the clean-up?

Probably funded via Inc...

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    I guess some people just don't accept the popularity of Bruce Wayne the Caped Crusader better known as Batman.
    lol, I DARE you to include this in every one of your Batman-related posts!
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor
    IDW: Transformers: Robots in Disguise

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    For some reason I see Terry saying that to Bruce at that musical they went to in Batman Beyond.

Look, I'm not saying it's never been alluded to.

It's just a non issue.

This was just really unsubtle, heavy handed and poorly written imo.
    Nah nah nah. You said it was only mentioned in one elseworlds, busted busted.

You're kind of missing the point about this whole thing. Maybe you think Joker doing something like tonguing Batman to prove his lurve is more subtle (our definitions of subtle are obviously very different), but it's not about proving to the readers that he lurves Batman, it's about Batman realizing this, and he isn't going to believe it unless it's something that Joker can't control. And you're like so who cares if he does, why would Batman care, well obviously he does otherwise he wouldn't waste his time doing stuff like studying the chemicals that the Joker got dunked in or having a giant Joker card built to hang up on his wall. He's like those people who read books about serial killers, and everyone else is like "why the hell would you want to read about that stuff, ya wierdo?" That's just how Batman rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    And the clean-up?

Probably funded via Inc...

Sure, it can be funded by Inc. Batman's not dusting, though!

Sure, it can be funded by Inc. Batman's not dusting, though!
    Or 'petty cash' - he probably has a couple of thousand in one of the pouches at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Or 'petty cash' - he probably has a couple of thousand in one of the pouches at any given time.
    Batman just loans the guy his Sam's Club membership card.

Ah, the Bat-Card...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails batcard510.jpg  

Or he could lend him one of these.

EDIT: Damnit, adkal beat me to it.

Batman Codpiece > New 52 Super Buddies Forever's Avatar

I really liked this issue and I'm still a huge fan of Snyder's Batman. That said, I do see the problems with this. It is pretty tiring, after just finishing the Court of Owls arc, to have Bruce yet again be a Doubting Thomas (Wayne) and deny an unpleasant truth. That said, it does ring true to his character. Of course the Joker knows. As readers, we've known that for years. So why wouldn't Bruce? Because he's in denial about it. It presented too much of a frightening scenario: What if, after one of Joker's reinventions, he WOULD care about the secret identity? No, it's best to just shrug that unpleasant thought under the rug and soldier on. So yeah, if I were writing Batman, this is exactly the sort of mindset I'd craft for Bruce.

That said, I believe Snyder is going to keep it up-in-the-air over whether the Joker REALLY knows or not, just like he left it ambiguous over whether Bruce really has a brother. It's too altering to the mythos to say one way or another. Fans have their preferences, and it's okay to let everyone walk out of this story believing what they want.

Oh, and the Riddler NOT having a green question mark shaped mohawk? I'm glad someone at DC came to their senses over that one.