Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yoyo View Post
    Same old explanation : Joker does not care about who's behind the mask, he only cares about Batman.
    I don't think that is true....see Black Mirror. Joker knew that Dick wasn't "his" Batman and obviously longed for Bruce to be back beneath the cowl.

Quote Originally Posted by DCDOOM View Post
    as i've said before i am enjoying this and am looking forward to each wednesday it comes out.. that's all that matters to me..
    I'm in this boat too, for the most part. I don't need to read a classic issue every month for it to be worth my money. Just something good, entertaining, and most importantly, something that gives me something to look forward to over the following month. While I hated this issue, the first two were a lot of fun, and I'll give it a shot next issue.
    Last edited by Concept Coop; 12-13-2012 at 11:16 AM.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    WOWWWWWWW

I mean WOW

Hahahahahaha. My co-workers were wondering why I was staring at my mobile, and laughing hysterical.

I don't get how Joker "loving" Batman is all of sudden something new. This is something that's been alluded to since DKR.

The scene with Batman crashing the dinner was awesome. Sorry, but if Batman thinks you're a scumbag, he's not going to care if his children are in the room. He didn't know this guy was kosher, until he interrogated him. And if he was supposed to know all this before he crashed the party, I guess Batman doesn't ever need to interrogate anyone again. Because he' obviously psychic.
    Last edited by maxpower00044; 12-13-2012 at 11:34 AM.

WOWWWWWWW

I mean WOW

These threads are comedy of the highest order!

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    I don't get how Joker "loving" Batman is all of sudden something new. This is something that's been alluded to since DKR.
    That's once.

In an Elseworlds.

The scene with Batman crashing the dinner was awesome. Sorry, but if Batman thinks you're a scumbag, he's not going to care if his children are in the room.
    Not this Batman anyway. Hell, he doesn't even care if you really are a scumbag, or if you're just an innocent victim being manipulated by a psychopath.

The scene with Batman crashing the dinner was awesome. Sorry, but if Batman thinks you're a scumbag, he's not going to care if his children are in the room.
    And what happens when he realises you're not? Does he apologise to the family for the misunderstanding? Does he make amends? Does he stalk out and leave the victim to pick up the pieces; to explain to his family what happened, why Batman thought what he did and why he did it?

There are immediate repercussions to that family unit...

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    And what happens when he realises you're not? Does he apologise to the family for the misunderstanding? Does he make amends? Does he stalk out and leave the victim to pick up the pieces; to explain to his family what happened, why Batman thought what he did and why he did it?

There are immediate repercussions to that family unit...
    He's Batman, he just gets up and leaves. Batman DGAF. But, your third answer seemed best. Let the guy explain why Batman was after him. I'm sure they'd understand.

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    It's just not really what I want from the core Batman title.
    Well, there's Detective Comics, Batman: The Dark Knight and Batman Inc, all of which are entertaining and offer something different from this title.

So, then he acted rashly and without thought? Again, not really what I would expect from the world's greatest detective.
    Uh, no? He had to use detective work to track down that guy in the first place by tracking a phone signal and then hacking camera footage to see his face and then find out his identity from that. But how was he supposed to know his motive from just his identity? He's a detective, not a mind-reader.

Seriously, this issue had its share of faults and bad moments, but you're just inventing problems that aren't there.

That's once.

In an Elseworlds.
    Well considering most people take this story as cannon (except when they are trying to make a point) I see how it works. Plus, I'm sure if I go through my books I can find plenty more examples (too bad I'm at work and don't really care anyway, since I liked it.)

Not this Batman anyway. Hell, he doesn't even care if you really are a scumbag, or if you're just an innocent victim being manipulated by a psychopath.
    Way to negate the second half of that post so your point made sense. Like I said Batman didn't know this guy was on the up and up until he interrogated him. Ya know, like how he finds out a lot of his info? To think he knew this guys motives before hand, would mean he was psychic. It's obvious people want Batgod who does no wrong, but some of us like the fact that he's human, and might make mistakes now and then.
    Last edited by maxpower00044; 12-13-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Well considering most people take this story as cannon .....
    Hey, if you like it, that's great.

But the premise of this story requires that Batman quit being Batman for 10 years after Jason's death, so it's sorta not cannon, period.

Good story? Yes.

Cannon? No.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

WOWWWWWWW

I mean WOW
    What you fail to understand is that I made a comment on the actual writing, not on the fictional character, which is something to which you do frequently on other related threads. So point? Fail.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Seriously, this issue had its share of faults and bad moments, but you're just inventing problems that aren't there.
    Like you do with Gail Simone's writing on a regular basis?
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Well, there's Detective Comics, Batman: The Dark Knight and Batman Inc, all of which are entertaining and offer something different from this title.
    Tec and TDK both suck right now too and garner similar criticisms.

At least I've still got Inc. (For now.)

I didn't invent anything. Batman jumped through a window and harassed an innocent man in front of his family. That doesn't fit for me.

Right, I think that even if Joker did "love" Batman it would be a non issue. He seems to be giving it an awful lot of thought though, as the whole study of eye motion thing just led us to that. Maybe he's considering hooking up.
    Except that it's not a non issue. Heellllooooo. Bats is obsessed with figuring out what makes Joker tick. This is the same dude who purposely stuck himself in an isolation chamber for weeks in the hopes of gaining incite into how Joker's mind works. So yeah, the fact that Joker is doing these things not out of hate, but love would be a significant revelation to him, not to mention disturbing, and probably another layer of guilt to add on.

That's once.

In an Elseworlds.
    And in Broken City

And in Joker's Apprentice

And that LODK story with him and Jim Gordon

And that Teen Titans story where Lex makes fun of Joker's batman love

And that weird a$$ Showcase issue where he dreams of tearing his face off (deja vu)

And the most recent issue of Catwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vil_Dee View Post
    Except that it's not a non issue. Heellllooooo. Bats is obsessed with figuring out what makes Joker tick. This is the same dude who purposely stuck himself in an isolation chamber for weeks in the hopes of gaining incite into how Joker's mind works. So yeah, the fact that Joker is doing these things not out of hate, but love would be a significant revelation to him, not to mention disturbing, and probably another layer of guilt to add on.

And in Broken City

And in Joker's Apprentice

And that LODK story with him and Jim Gordon

And that Teen Titans story where Lex makes fun of Joker's batman love

And that weird a$$ Showcase issue where he dreams of tearing his face off (deja vu)

And the most recent issue of Catwoman.

Thanks man. Now I don't have to go through my collection when I get home. Plus, I'm sure there's countless more examples.

Oh, and I have to say it every time I see it. Broken City was terrible. Azz has no handle on Batman, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vil_Dee View Post
    And in Broken City....
    Look, I'm not saying it's never been alluded to.

It's just a non issue.

This was just really unsubtle, heavy handed and poorly written imo.