Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    ...I thought filming was to start in January...
    I caught an interview with Freeman for The Hobbit and he said March, Hobbit may have delayed it a month or two - though Jackson has still given him like four months to go back to London and film so fans of both have no reason to be disappointed. No shortage of work for those boys. London from New Year's till late spring then back to New Zealand for round 2!
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Retro315 View Post
    I caught an interview with Freeman for The Hobbit and he said March, Hobbit may have delayed it a month or two - though Jackson has still given him like four months to go back to London and film so fans of both have no reason to be disappointed. No shortage of work for those boys. London from New Year's till late spring then back to New Zealand for round 2!
    Luckily Jackson has said that he'll work on TinTin in between the Hobbit films (unlike consecutively like the LOTR trilogy), so that gives time for them to do Sherlock. I'm pretty sure this will be the last series anyway.

This was a really creepy issue. The dream with Joker wearing Alfred's face. The Joker card, and Bruce going on and on about how Joker couldn't have possibly gotten into the batcave because of this and that, saying it was humanly impossible, but you just knew that somehow Joker got in anyway and was creeping around all over the place (I think this is why he came up with a new Joker/Batman encounter rather than just say it's because he saw him without his mask in RIP (I mean we all know Joker knew Bat's identity even before that anyway), it's more suspenseful and eerie). And the end panels with Batman walking up the steps of Arkham. Brrrrr.

The back up with Eddy shows a lot of promise for the next arc.

I saw the preview a few day's ago and the first page didn't get a response from me. Having it in hand today it was an entirely different thing, I have to give props to Greg Capullo. There was something unsettling about the Joker there, I just looked into the eyes and just felt weird. The dialogue matched that page perfectly.

I really liked the ending. It seems the Joker is aligning himself with those he feels are helping Bruce be his absolute best. Otherwise what would be the point of all these games he seems to be playing with Batman?

This issue was just so very very bad on so many levels.

I hated the scene with Bruce and the crew, and really really hate Snyder's overly wordy depiction of the Joker.

That last bit about looking in Joker's eyes and seeing "love" was just ridiculous.

Scott Snyder is slowly moving up on my list of all time least liked writers on Batman.

F

Quote Originally Posted by Theozilla View Post
    Yeah not using or referencing Batman R.I.P. kinda annoyed me as well, but I get the reasoning behind why Synder might not mention it.

Other than that I really loved this issue.
    It could be that he plans on referencing it later and that to reference it now would have come off as coming from out of the blue for anyone new to the series without some kind of build up as well as it might have disrupted the flow of the story to do so now. There was a similar thing in this weeks B&R were Joker referenced his last encounter with Damain that my roommate found to have come out of left field because he hadn't read the relevant pre-reboot B&R issue so I can understand Snyder's caution here if that's what it is.

For myself I really enjoyed this issue. Capullo is really killing it on art and I'm really enjoying this take on Joker. Very creepy. Loved the backup as well. Very solid issue this month. Can't wait to see what happens next.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 12-12-2012 at 02:53 PM.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hanotsri View Post
    Another solid issue. My only question is...what happened to Bruce's gloves? They were there and then suddenly, they disappeared.

Ok, I looked at this page about 5 times, and this is what I've concluded. You can see the wires are wrapped pretty tight around the gauntlets in the other panels. So, in the panel with the helicopter blowing up, you see the gauntlet limp and the wire is less tense. Batman somehow slipped out of the gloves, making the wires less tense, enabling him to escape.

I enjoyed this issue a lot. The way the first and last pages played off each other gave me chills. I agree the Alfred scene was well done, but I actually liked how The Joker's card came into Batman's possession. I also think that there's more to the secret then just that. Back up was solid, Jock kills it, and I'm interested in seeing more of The Riddler. Can't wait for next month.
    Last edited by maxpower00044; 12-12-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    That last bit about looking in Joker's eyes and seeing "love" was just ridiculous.
    That's right, Batman saw love in Joker's eyes.

Deal with it.

If someone really felt it necessary to suggest such a notion, it could have been written much more subtly.

It really was preposterous.

The art was on point as usual and the back up story was written well.

I'll be critical about it later; I thought I'd say some positive things about it first lol.
    Last edited by batman23; 12-12-2012 at 03:36 PM.
    Currently reading: Flash 227-Flashpoint

Batman #15

Plot:

Joker’s plan moves forward as Batman reveals a secret of his to the Bat-Family. Also, Joker has a little talk with the Riddler.

Our Hero:

I think he has a point about the Batcave.

Our Villain:

Of course Joker had a multi-color blimp at one point.

Our Side Characters:

Jason has a point as well.

Action:

Mega punch!

Dialogue:

Got chills on that last page.

Art:

Hey, the lights are on. Guess someone’s home.

Most Memorable Moment:

That butler is a spy!!

Final Page:

Hey, I’m remembering the cover of Arkham Asylum suddenly.

Final Page of Backup:

Something to remember indeed.

What We Should Take from This Comic:

The Joker’s master plan is about to go off and it is all going down in Arkham Asylum. What does he have for Batman inside those walls?

What We Do Take From This Comic:

So where does the Joker get his money for all of these projects?

Yay or Nay?

Yay

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    Because I think there are Batman/Joker stories that Snyder could weave in easily enough without interfering with his story, and then there's Batman: RIP [...] I mean, it certainly makes sense to those of us who were around before the New 52, but I can see their reasoning not to use that too. [...]
    I realize I'm complaining at a very high level near. It just struck me as odd that Snyder would choose to come up with a completely new way for the Joker to learn Batman's ID when there's a perfectly good one available. I think you could've used the unmasking from RIP without confusing new readers too. Simply omit Hurt, Zurr En Arrh and all that and limit yourself to a single panel showing the unmasked Bruce looking up at the Joker.

I actually think that scene would've worked better in the context of the current story. If Bruce kept the fact that he was unmasked in front of the Joker from the Family, then their irritation would be completely justified. I don't quite get why they are angry right now, since Bruce's theory for the playing card turning up in the cave sounds completely rational.

If someone really felt it necessary to suggest such a notion, it could have been written much more subtly.

yeah, if your the editor and get this script you are like deleting that last line, lmao

Other than that, great art. Loved the blimp page!

How do you trace Jokers call for the goons to blow the bridge? I don't know, he's Batman!!
    "Calm down, call Batman." - Greg Capullo

How would one express that more subtly? It's only through Batman's acknowledgement, that the idea can have legitimacy. Anything the Joker himself would do or say, could be sluffed off as him just fooling around.

The blimp page was nice, as was the art overall. I also like Joker ribbing Harvey about falling off the wagon.

Unfortunately that's about it.

The back up wasn't as horrible as the main story, I just thought it sort of fell apart at the end.

It kinda worked for me up until Riddler started bragging about all the ways he could have escaped blah blah blah...

The main story was just a major fail, and is probably my least favorite of Snyder's offerings to date.