Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Well, I've been a little confused as to what's going on with ol' web-head lately, just from browsing the forum, but I'll check out this new series when it begins. I was not so sure what to make of what I heard -- "dark" is usually not my cup of tea, and is really what led me to lose touch with things back in the late 80s -- but I'll give it a peek in the store and see if I'm able to follow it, and then we'll see! A small stroke a while back knocked my ability to process visual information down a little bit, which is why I tend to stick with square panels and such.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceglaciers View Post
    Well, I've been a little confused as to what's going on with ol' web-head lately, just from browsing the forum, but I'll check out this new series when it begins. I was not so sure what to make of what I heard -- "dark" is usually not my cup of tea, and is really what led me to lose touch with things back in the late 80s -- but I'll give it a peek in the store and see if I'm able to follow it, and then we'll see! A small stroke a while back knocked my ability to process visual information down a little bit, which is why I tend to stick with square panels and such.
    While it may seem to come out of left field, a tablet displaying digital comics using 'panel view' might be of interest and help to you.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

'Panel view' is where it's at. Very cinematic.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Thanks! I'll ask my daughter about that. (This is her account, too, by the way!) I'm always late to the party when it comes to new toys.

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    The very first page of Hawkeye #1
    And the recent Aja preview with the video game scene.

It's still pretty rare to see the costume. Might as well be nonexistent, though I like Aja's design because it's less Ultimates uniform and more cool t-shirt and pants.

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

I have to say, as somebody who remembers Hawkeye from the old "West Coast Avengers" days, his old mask probably would look silly to kids today. And the fact that he spends all his time in civvies in his book makes it feel like one of the fabulous indie books my daughter reads, very fresh and cutting-edge! We could use more books like that!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    And the recent Aja preview with the video game scene.

It's still pretty rare to see the costume. Might as well be nonexistent, though I like Aja's design because it's less Ultimates uniform and more cool t-shirt and pants.
    His best costume is a brown suit and one shoe.

It's not even up for discussion.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    His best costume is a brown suit and one shoe.

It's not even up for discussion.
    His bare sock reminds him too much of that ninja.

The pain is too fresh.

-Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by spaceglaciers View Post
    I have to say, as somebody who remembers Hawkeye from the old "West Coast Avengers" days, his old mask probably would look silly to kids today. And the fact that he spends all his time in civvies in his book makes it feel like one of the fabulous indie books my daughter reads, very fresh and cutting-edge! We could use more books like that!
    It definitely adds to the tension when he's not looking superheroic. Just a dude with a bow.

Very everyman.

-Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    His bare sock reminds him too much of that ninja.

The pain is too fresh.
    ~ Why has Hawkeye only got one shoe, mommy?

~ Because that ninja had to die.

VALUABLE LIFE LESSONS

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    Marvel should clone Wacker and have him edit every book they do.
    Truer words have never been spoken.
    Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others

Splendiferous Spider Hero ImmortalIronFist's Avatar

As soon as I read the article I knew the Wacker/Fan interactions here would be golden.

Thank you all for the entertainment.

Also, a big welcome to spaceglaciers! Always nice to see Rochester represented by someone other than me.
    Hey, that tiger is flying a spaceship.

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post

The interaction between fan and editor was pioneered by Marvel back in the 60s, so it's all part of the package. And the ones here complaining about the back and forth... are always the first ones to seek the interaction out.

SW
    Yeah but Stan was more fun IMO. Bill Mantlo even sent me a nice postcard once when I wrote a letter to SVTU.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Quote Originally Posted by Shade 20x6 View Post
    Of course. But it also proves he's not objective.
    The Alpha art looks fine to me. It's a cartoony style with a bit of grain to the lines -- somewhere between Ramos and Allred -- but that sounds about right for a teen hero without the budding idealism of early Spidey. But then I've also seen a fair number of gripes about both Ramos and Allred around here lately, so maybe this board can't stand for cartoons to look cartoony.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptid View Post
    The Alpha art looks fine to me. It's a cartoony style with a bit of grain to the lines -- somewhere between Ramos and Allred -- but that sounds about right for a teen hero without the budding idealism of early Spidey. But then I've also seen a fair number of gripes about both Ramos and Allred around here lately, so maybe this board can't stand for cartoons to look cartoony.
    I will not stand for it, I say!

-Theophilus