Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I'm fine with the donor still being Luthor or it ending up being someone else. The smart money says it'll still be Lex though. And that's fine as long as he doesn't go all emo like he did in the previous continuity upon finding out. He's dealing with the fact that all Kryptonian clones go murderously insane right now as it is. Once he conquers that, finding out Lex is his human donor would, logically, not have nearly such devastating impact upon the psyche.

So that's the good news in that regard, in that if we can count on reasonable writing, then if Lex is the donor it shouldn't freak him out that much. The key word of course being if the writing is reasonable.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-16-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar

I dont see lex as something that would shock this kon at all,he would probably want nothing to do with lex at all.i think this kon would be a great challenge for lex,not because kf his powers,but because of his ability to think,and cleverly out think lex himself,they would be each others ultimate mental challenge.

I thought it was good issue the dialogue wasn't bad but could have been better same goes for the art as wel,l I glad still has early plots like his dna and his donors overall I liked issue but could been better.

as who his third donor is Im thinking its a Daemonite(Helspont) or its He'l one of those two.

This book has lost its individuality with all the cross overs constantly taking oit over.Once this H'él cross over is done they should leave this book alone for a year.

I wouldnt want a complete DCU lockout with SB only being in his book,with no interaction,but no crossovers is a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm fine with the donor still being Luthor or it ending up being someone else. The smart money says it'll still be Lex though. And that's fine as long as he doesn't go all emo like he did in the previous continuity upon finding out. He's dealing with the fact that all Kryptonian clones go murderously insane right now as it is. Once he conquers that, finding out Lex is his human donor would, logically, not have nearly such devastating impact upon the psyche.
    Hm. WOuldn't it be a kick in the head that Luthor's DNA stablizes him so that he DOESN'T go murderously insane?

im getting a YJ tv show vibe from human dna not making kon a bizzaro,and also supermans armor working like the shields did for him,anybody else getting this feeling?

Also his dna being messed with could be a callback to the "clone virus" or the agenda creating Match ,and unzipping kons dna in the process.

I just read the preview. That's some heavy and intriguing stuff! I look forward to picking this issue up. Actually, this will be my first time buying Superboy as I've only been buying Superman, Supergirl and Superman Action Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    im getting a YJ tv show vibe from human dna not making kon a bizzaro,and also supermans armor working like the shields did for him,anybody else getting this feeling?

Also his dna being messed with could be a callback to the "clone virus" or the agenda creating Match ,and unzipping kons dna in the process.
    I thought clone virus. I think that's what Lobdell is going for (as he's plotting the X-over) He's a smart guy and he knows how to pay respectful homage to what came before him but he doesn't become a slave to it.

so.which happened.when.he put on the armor,did his dna get affected,kryptonian got amped,while the others were suppressed? Or was his TTK just more.centralized and internalized in him?

what powers will he actually have now.at his disposal?

so.which happened.when.he put on the armor,did his dna get affected,kryptonian got amped,while the others were suppressed? Or was his TTK just more.centralized and internalized in him?

what powers will he actually have now.at his disposal?
    I thought his TK was more internalized so his other senses felt cut off/blind
    As for his powers it would seem that they are Super-Strength & Flight
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

Quote Originally Posted by robcastor729 View Post
    I thought his TK was more internalized so his other senses felt cut off/blind
    As for his powers it would seem that they are Super-Strength & Flight
    thats how i took it too,but some think it worked like his Shields from YJ show,,and i wanted to clarify the issue.

so is he less powerful now than without it? Im pretty sure the interview with defalco.awhile ago had him stating kon was someone you dont mess with after issue 15,but how.could.he possibly be more powerful.with only super strength and flight,whenh had TTK,TK,and TTK senses?

thats how i took it too,but some think it worked like his Shields from YJ show,,and i wanted to clarify the issue.

so is he less powerful now than without it? Im pretty sure the interview with defalco.awhile ago had him stating kon was someone you dont mess with after issue 15,but how.could.he possibly be more powerful.with only super strength and flight,whenh had TTK,TK,and TTK senses?
    I can see why people would think that w/the shields from YJ.
    I don't think he is less powerful its more showing us that if he focuses his TK inward how powerful he could be.
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

Quote Originally Posted by robcastor729 View Post
    I can see why people would think that w/the shields from YJ.
    I don't think he is less powerful its more showing us that if he focuses his TK inward how powerful he could be.

So SB aslong as he wears the suit is a "solid" top tier brick now? I dont think he is any more powerful,but that his powerset has changed,kinda likegoijg from being Magneto to Colossus.i cant wait to see him punch the shit out of something,but his TTK is a amazingly awesome power,and i cant wait to see them back.

Interesting they are going with the multi-straned DNA thing, since Kryptonian's had four strans in the Silver Age. Wonder if they'll introduce another?