Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 76
  1. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    Its obviously still Lex Luthor. Its been hinted at once or twice, and anyone who read the old volume, or watched the cartoon, would know that. Its just old ground thats been seen before, rather than travel down that road again I am more interested in this NEW 3rd donor. Theres plenty of time to tell the 'lex is my daddy' story again in the future.

    Also, loved the book. I like how the armor sets the crest to the wearers family line and Clark was suprised when it said 'El'. Nothing like a jerry springer discovery, superman-style!

    I wondered if this basically put Kon back to his Kryptonian powers from the old universe. I wouldnt mind that. Im assuming eventually he wont need the suit. TTK is fun, but thats more of an 'early superboy' thing.
    We know Kon is Kryptonian and Human hybrid, we've known that for over a year now. There is no doubt that the human progenitor is Lex; I'm petty Lobdell confirmed it in an interview at one point. The third donor is the mystery and somehow I doubt Kon's DNA isKryptonian, Human, and another human who is Lex Luthor. It's something closer tied to Harvest.

  2. #47
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    No we don't know it's Lex. Lobdell said it was during a time before they had even decided to reboot the character altogether.

  3. #48
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    No we don't know it's Lex. Lobdell said it was during a time before they had even decided to reboot the character altogether.
    Yes it has not been confirmed,BUT it is ASSumed,with all the clues given,there should be low doubt in anybodies mind that it isnt lex,and superboyeets lex in issue 15 of superman,which is imo way more exciting than him even meeting superman.

  4. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    So unless his human donor was the most narcisstic sociopath the world has ever seen.....

    Or something to that effect. Lex being the other daddy has been the most popular retcon to the character since Superboy was reimagined as a clone, its not gonna be discarded.

    As for the 3rd donor, for some reason I wanna guess Daemonite.

  5. #50

    Default

    I remember reading something about it a little bit before The Culling event. I'll try to dig it up. Also I recall one of the issues where it makes a jab at what the human donor's personality was like and it pretty much described Luthor to a T. I'll read trough my books again and get the scan.

  6. #51
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,529

    Default

    Superman,lex,and a female from the future is my guess,course i dont know any females besides saturn girl who has a high enough profileto be alongside such iconic dna like kals and lexs.
    Im still hoping for ms.martian,even if that chance is very slim.

  7. #52
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by House of Rao View Post
    I remember reading something about it a little bit before The Culling event. I'll try to dig it up. Also I recall one of the issues where it makes a jab at what the human donor's personality was like and it pretty much described Luthor to a T. I'll read trough my books again and get the scan.
    They thought he was a sociopath because he wasn't saving people of which he clearly knew was a fake simulation. I took it more as a joke reference to Luthor than a real foreshadowing.

    And you know, given the way Lobdell plots, he probably didn't even know who the donors were at the time.

  8. #53

    Default

    What if its Lois Lane?The human donor?That would be Super akward too.They arent together but considering SB is from the future,it might give the impression that there is a chance SM and LL will be the end game.

  9. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    They thought he was a sociopath because he wasn't saving people of which he clearly knew was a fake simulation. I took it more as a joke reference to Luthor than a real foreshadowing.

    And you know, given the way Lobdell plots, he probably didn't even know who the donors were at the time.
    It was definitely an obvious nod to Luthor. Whether you think it's a Red Herring or not is up to you, but the implication and intent was really obvious. Luthor was supposed to be the human donor. "Where did all that arrogance come from that it could balance out the humble Superman?" was another line.

    I'm pretty confident that it's going to be Lex Luthor, just because that makes the character more inconic and eaisly understandable.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

    http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

  10. #55
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,529

    Default

    Yo holmes this is the most obvious lex as donor shoutout.

  11. #56
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    It was definitely an obvious nod to Luthor. Whether you think it's a Red Herring or not is up to you, but the implication and intent was really obvious. Luthor was supposed to be the human donor. "Where did all that arrogance come from that it could balance out the humble Superman?" was another line.

    I'm pretty confident that it's going to be Lex Luthor, just because that makes the character more inconic and eaisly understandable.
    I'm not arguing the likelihood it's Luthor, just that I don't think even Lobdell himself knew where he's going with the donor mystery as he plotted those issues. Luthor was probably on his mind, but it's not like he was building up to a Luthor reveal.

  12. #57
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,529

    Default

    I think you are taking lobdells whimsical way of giving a interview,and how he writes to literal,im sure he thought things out,and knows whonall three donors are.

  13. #58

    Default

    Luthor or not, we know a third of hid DNA is human, a third is kryptonian, it's that last third that I find interesting. I wouldn't mind waiting 5 years to find out who the human donor is, but I really want to know where that last third comes from.

  14. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    So unless his human donor was the most narcisstic sociopath the world has ever seen.....

    Or something to that effect. Lex being the other daddy has been the most popular retcon to the character since Superboy was reimagined as a clone, its not gonna be discarded.

    As for the 3rd donor, for some reason I wanna guess Daemonite.
    I'm pretty sure this is the case as the alien who realized he had a third donor for DNA freaked when she realized what it was. I've been thinking the third donor was Daemonite for a while now.

  15. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eivion View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is the case as the alien who realized he had a third donor for DNA freaked when she realized what it was. I've been thinking the third donor was Daemonite for a while now.
    Thatd make the Helspont Superman thing alot more interesting than 2 issues an an annual of pontificating were.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •