Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Also, just because a character in a comic book story says he has a theory that you don't agree with doesn't mean the comic book itself is "racist".
    I see what you're saying, but I also agree with the other guy's point that putting forth a "theory" that the Egyptians wouldn't have been capable of building the pyramids is more than a little dismissive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    Racist bullshit!!
    Could be, but I would doubt that. Until this day, the fact that the egyptians built the pyramids is amazingly impressive. Claiming they didn't do so, in a story about to introduce a world of magic, seems perfectly normal. Especially in a time where we didn't know the same we know today.

However, I did not read this story. So if the next pages featured a cartoonish version of the Egyptians contrasting with the well-drawn Kent Nelson you're probably right.

Please given the time period that was published racist bs is the correct answer.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

BANNED

Makes sense to see an Egyptian be Dr. Fate.

This just means that Kent Nelson will probably be Dr. Fate on Prime Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    I see what you're saying, but I also agree with the other guy's point that putting forth a "theory" that the Egyptians wouldn't have been capable of building the pyramids is more than a little dismissive.
    So no character in a comic book story is ever allowed to make a guess or have a "theory" that just doesn't measure up or necessarily make sense?

It's not as if the story said: "Proof positive: ancient Egyptians were lazy morons who wouldn't have been able to build anything without outside intervention."
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

BANNED

Do slaves count as 'outside intervention'?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Please given the time period that was published racist bs is the correct answer.
    Just because it used to happen doesn't mean it allways happened.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    You do know that there are people that still believe they didn't, right? Yeah, they are either crazy or believe in some crazy stuff, but they are not racists. And there is a lot of modern fiction that despite aliens or ancient beings helping the egyptians building the pyramids.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    Do slaves count as 'outside intervention'?
    Slaves did not build the pyramids. In fact, recent evidence suggest it was farmers who were well compensated for their work in their off season.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Kent View Post
    I don't think you understand DC's structure. I'm sure you don't understand Johns' position.
    Clearly you dont.

He's co-publisher, he has everything to do with every book.
    Do you even know what a publisher is?

No, the Wildstorm characters are not being given a direct push.
    I don't see any in Justice League or any other big name DC book?

The man himself said that it. You really think a co-publisher doesn't have a say in which character is chosen for which role?
    Link. And it's not his job.

Is respect for a creator deceased 4 years ago an extremely odd thing? A creator that a lot of people currently at DC probably knew, Robinson included.
    2-4 months perhaps. 4 years? yeah it is.

I really don't understand what is your problem or why you're attacking something as harmless as a small personal desire I expressed here.
    I don't have a problem as such, it is just you are basing your desire on something that's completely bananas.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Clearly you dont.

Do you even know what a publisher is?
    It is really cute when someone talks a big game about something they clearly know nothing off.

I don't see any in Justice League or any other big name DC book?
    You can see Wildstorm concepts everywhere.

Link. And it's not his job.
    Google is your friend. Try using it. "didio smallville stephanie"
    And it is his job. DC Comics value is its characters. The boss has the final word when choosing the version of a character.

2-4 months perhaps. 4 years? yeah it is.
    Wow, what an wonderfull human being you are. 4 years is enough to forget all about someone? Amazing. I understand now why you were having a problem with something so simple and harmless.

I don't have a problem as such, it is just you are basing your desire on something that's completely bananas.
    Again, respecting a deceased person is bananas. Yeah, and there was nothing wrong with Siegel and Schuster dying in poverty when millions were being made from Superman. Or with Bill Finger getting 0 official credit for Batman.
    And I'm done with you on this subject. You have awfull moral views.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Kent View Post
    It is really cute when someone talks a big game about something they clearly know nothing off.
    Try taking this elsewhere.

And I don't think either of you know as much as you think you do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Try taking this elsewhere.

And I don't think either of you know as much as you think you do.
    Taking what where?

I know for sure that he's wrong about Johns and Didio's functions and powers. Hell, the Smallville/Stephanie situation proves it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyOlsenMustDie View Post
    I miss all the previous Fates as well, particularly the last, one Dr. Kent V. Nelson. But . . . this doesn't bother me, because, well, wouldn't make it make sense for Dr. Fate to be, you know . . . Egyptian?
    Given recent discoveries about the Pharos dna being European, not Black (Nubian) or middle eastern in origin. Im ok with this.

http://english.ruvr.ru/2011/08/02/54094675.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    Given recent discoveries about the Pharos dna being European, not Black (Nubian) or middle eastern in origin. Im ok with this.

http://english.ruvr.ru/2011/08/02/54094675.html
    Strictly speaking that's somewhat inaccurate. It only refers to Tutankhamun and his father, not all the Pharoahs and it says they originate from the Caucacus, which is a region on the Europe-Asia border- the article itself does say it was likely one group of common ancestors moved to Western Europe while the other group moved to Northern Africa.