Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR's Top Ten Vertigo Titles of All Time

With Vertigo Executive Editor Karen Berger departing her position and the cancellation of "Hellblazer," CBR looks at the history of the acclaimed DC Comics' imprint and presents our picks for its top ten series.

Full article here.

The list is invalidated by the absence of Scalped, a book that stands as a towering achievement in comics.

Also, Animal Man/Doom Patrol is too much of a cheat. Two different books with completely different tones.

RECOUNT, I SAY!

-BCM
    ---------------------------------
    B. Clay Moore
    writes

B. Clay Moore Bloggery

HOLD ON! I'm going to make a prediction...

Number one is Sandman

and the rest are no order would be Lucifer, Fables, 100 Bullets, Hellblazer, Morrison's Doom Patrol & Animal Man, Alan Moore's Swamp Thing, Y the Last Man and Shade the Changing Man.

Okay, let's see how many I got right...

*Reads Article*

Dammit, I forgot about Preacher! Didn't even consider The Invisible since no one talks about it. And I just forgot Transmetropolitan even existed altogether.

Still, I called about 8 of them, even the painfully obvious number one, so I still win. I do call sheningans on putting Doom Patrol and Animal Man together. One or the other people.

I love Preacher so much. That being said, the only Vertigo title I could see being ranked higher than it would be Sandman. No matter what, Sandman is the greatest Vertigo title there ever was and is. I think the list is pretty fair and correct.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    HOLD ON! I'm going to make a prediction...

Number one is Sandman

and the rest are no order would be Lucifer, Fables, 100 Bullets, Hellblazer, Morrison's Doom Patrol & Animal Man, Alan Moore's Swamp Thing, Y the Last Man and Shade the Changing Man.

Okay, let's see how many I got right...

*Reads Article*

Dammit, I forgot about Preacher! Didn't even consider The Invisible since no one talks about it. And I just forgot Transmetropolitan even existed altogether.

Still, I called about 8 of them, even the painfully obvious number one, so I still win. I do call sheningans on putting Doom Patrol and Animal Man together. One or the other people.
    Seems like a lot of people talk about the Invisibles since the omnibus came out.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

At least 100 Bullets made it. My favorite series of all time but I'm curious if Sandman will take its place after I'm done with it during the holiday season.
    BB

This list is mundane. Every entry is predictable, and several of the entries are questionable in their placement, if not their very inclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by josh straightedge View Post
    I love Preacher so much. That being said, the only Vertigo title I could see being ranked higher than it would be Sandman. No matter what, Sandman is the greatest Vertigo title there ever was and is. I think the list is pretty fair and correct.
    I'm an obvious fan of Preacher, but I can think of a few Vertigo titles that surpass it.
    Last edited by jesse_custer; 12-07-2012 at 12:47 PM.

BANNED

Does Moore's Swamp Thing count as Vertigo?

The list considers it eligible. However, it is inexplicably placed at the bottom of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Does Moore's Swamp Thing count as Vertigo?
    It counts as much as Morrison's Doom Patrol and Animal Man runs.

They shouldn't count them :p
    BB

No Scalped

List is a failure

Also, I think they're are two kinds of people: Sandman people and Preacher people. I like to think I'm a Preacher person.

Nice to see the Scalped love :)
    BB

I'd put transmet in the top 3.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    Also, I think they're are two kinds of people: Sandman people and Preacher people. I like to think I'm a Preacher person.
    There's a third kind: Sandman and Preacher people.