Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Marvel Dominates November With Marvel NOW!

Marvel Comics' new Marvel NOW! #1 issues dominated the single issue sales charts in November, while DC continued its spread over the top graphic novels and trade paperbacks for the month.

Full article here.

All hail Marvel! The king is back on his throne!!

i dont imagine there will be alot of drop off with alot of these titles as they (for the most part) have been really good, only books ive decided to drop so far are ironman and xmen legacy
    DC League 2007 team Ion Dr Light Faith Animal Man CM3 Guardian Mr Miracle
    Marvel League 2006 champion Exodus Karnilla Living Lightning Talisman Arclight Karma Phantazia

Deadpool at #4? Really?

That said, I'm happy about this and hope it maintains. Overall, I've been pretty happy about the Marvel NOW output.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

Take that haters! Deadpool comes in at #4 beating Hulk, Thor, and the Fantastic Four! A-List, baby!

Reviews were mostly positive and the creative team did a great job of promoting it.

waaaaaaaiiiiiit, if you release a metric poo-ton of new #1s you can get the #1 spot? maybe every issue should be a #1????

============ Just say "NO!" to $4 books. ============

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin King View Post
    Deadpool at #4? Really?
    High profile creative team headlined by a relatively well known comedian combined with a character who's gotten a pretty sizable PR push over the last few years. Not too surprising, really.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The power of a lot of #1 issues as more Marvel Now comes out. Its no shock this happened.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Though seriously, #2 is a better indicator or success.

All that's true, but it seemed like the Deadpool bubble had deflated and he was settling into B-character status. I'm glad to see it, like Posehn and Moore and I've been a fan of Deadpool since the Mark Waid mini. Hope the writing team stays intact for a while, think it's too much to hope Moore stays on for any length of time but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
    A Fool for the Foom

Wow,never thought I see the day where a Deadpool comic beating up both Avengers&Justice League comics

Its trully is end of times

Deadpool was a really fun comic though, i enjoyed it alot more then alot of the others. So im not surprised it was higher up.

Here is what plenty of people are going to overlook when reviewing these numbers:

Marvel NOW! All New X-Men #2 which was released in Novmber did not make that list. I know as a collector I purchased all #1 issues (along with several variant copies). Come January when the run of #1 issues from Marvel NOW! subsides how many of those will remain on top. My estimate - 4 out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by 0bsessions View Post
    High profile creative team headlined by a relatively well known comedian combined with a character who's gotten a pretty sizable PR push over the last few years. Not too surprising, really.
    What's the variant picture like, though?
    Quote Originally Posted by RecentlyReturned View Post
    Here is what plenty of people are going to overlook when reviewing these numbers:

Marvel NOW! All New X-Men #2 which was released in November did not make that list. I know as a collector I purchased all #1 issues (along with several variant copies). Come January when the run of #1 issues from Marvel NOW! subsides how many of those will remain on top. My estimate - 4 out of 10.
    There are #1 releases in January and February.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

All New X-men should have a few months in the top 10, till Uncanny starts anyway. Then it should remain relatively in higher numbers.

Captain America was a surprise, I wouldn't have thought it would crack the top 10. I'd like to see that last a while.

Iron Man is gonna drop like a rock.
    Steve Rogers: You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?
    James Barnes: Hell, no! The little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him."