Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I can't wait for STORMWATCH, TEAM 7, DEATHSTROKE & SUICIDE SQUAD
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    OMG. It's DC's answer to Marvel's Rocket Raccoon!

(And I say that with full awareness of who Captain Carrot is, thank you very much. )
    LOL, I thought the same thing. The cover looks really cool, I hope Threshold sells well (so sad Sword of Sorcery isn't doing better).

Wow, I'm not used to everything in the Edge solits looking this great. Totally going to pick up Threshhold. Captain K'Rot?!? Bless you mr. Giffen. Liking what Jordan is doing with Team 7 and Deathstroke and Zealot joining Stormwatch. Great stuff!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman4 View Post
    Wow, I'm not used to everything in the Edge solits looking this great. Totally going to pick up Threshhold. Captain K'Rot?!? Bless you mr. Giffen. Liking what Jordan is doing with Team 7 and Deathstroke and Zealot joining Stormwatch. Great stuff!
    It really wasn't that hard.
    -Cancel some of the weak ones.
    -Add the cosmic title they allways needed with a great writer.
    -Get some fresh talent with new ideas.
    -Don't mess with the few that are actually working.

Plus, congratulations on Milligan for making Stormwatch so enjoyable.

BANNED

But Treshold is really going to repeat the Guardians of the Galaxy formula, ah? Not that I'm complaining. Instead of a bunch of forgotten, silly concepts we get funtional sci-fi on the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    What is amazing about that cover is that it's by Howard Porter--who got his right hand (his drawing hand) smashed in an accident. He lost the ability to draw for years while he rehabilitated. And made ends meet by driving a bus.

He taught himself to draw again with his *left* hand and is now working for DC again full-time. The man is a hero to me; a genuine miracle. And I think his art looks just as good as it used to, if not better. Porter's artistic comeback is nothing short of phenomenal. God bless him!

Ok, see, now you just made me want to buy the book all the more.
    Threshold is really the only one of the Edge line I'm interested in right now.
    All cruel people describe themselves as paragons of frankness.-Tennessee Williams

As someone who has essentially dropped all titles from this line is their any title here worth giving a second chance?

Have any of these books improved?

Also what's up with these new titles? What is Threshold etc.
    Last edited by Jabare; 12-07-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Deathstroke looks like he's gonna lay some smackdowns in March.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Kent View Post
    It really wasn't that hard.
    -Cancel some of the weak ones.
    -Add the cosmic title they allways needed with a great writer.
    -Get some fresh talent with new ideas.
    -Don't mess with the few that are actually working.

Plus, congratulations on Milligan for making Stormwatch so enjoyable.
    Those are actually some pretty big changes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman4 View Post
    Those are actually some pretty big changes.
    Of couse they are, they needed to be. But all pretty obvious and easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    As someone who has essentially dropped all titles from this line is their any title here worth giving a second chance?

Have any of these books improved?

Also what's up with these new titles? What is Threshold etc.
    Stormwatch is better, Suicide Squad and All-Star Western have been left to do their thing, Threshold is the new cosmic title coming out in January to be written by Keith Giffen, Team 7 is good under Justin Jordan, and his Deathstroke looks like it'll be pretty good too (the first issue of that is coming out this month).

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Kent View Post
    But Treshold is really going to repeat the Guardians of the Galaxy formula, ah? Not that I'm complaining. Instead of a bunch of forgotten, silly concepts we get funtional sci-fi on the DCU.
    Not terribly surprising, given that Giffen initiated the whole Guardians of the Galaxy revival, that iteration of it anyway.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    Not terribly surprising, given that Giffen initiated the whole Guardians of the Galaxy revival, that iteration of it anyway.
    Yeah, I know, that's why I mentioned it. Giffen did it well once and he's trying it again. I think it's a great idea.

Only sad Lobo wasn't saved for this instead of being used in Deathstroke.

Btw, a question: is there any space characters not yet mentioned by Giffen that he can use? Other than the obvious REBELS, Lobo, Adam Stange, Captain Comet. Characters of the same vein as Tommy Tomorrow.

The Omega Men, which Giffen has already worked on.

With Comet now a part of the Wanderers, one hopes he capitalizes on that (presumably they'll be seen/introduced in the culmination of Morrison's Action)

The Dark Stars, which were turned into Styx's elite guard last we saw of them.

There are pretty much an infinite number of potential space characters, depending on how obscure you want to go. It looks like Giffen is going very obscure.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    There are pretty much an infinite number of potential space characters, depending on how obscure you want to go. It looks like Giffen is going very obscure.
    Yeah, that was what I was going for. Characters like the Star Hunters.