Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Aquacatlungfish View Post
    Why is female Dr Quintum now supposed to be a serious part of this franchise?
    I think she's filling the vacated Dr. Hamilton, but in an updated, sexy, sci-fi spy kinda way.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Poor Dr. Hamilton. Superman went and made friends with another scientist so BLARGH EVIL!!!

Oh wait that's no longer in continuity. Yay! Seriously though, like that Dr. Veritas appears to be sticking around.

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

Looking really good. It seems that what H'El did to Superboy made the latter lose it. and the solicitation text for that issue seems to confirm that Superboy will be the one who gets closer to Superman.
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    The final cover for Action Comics #18 is out(posted on Tony Daniel's FB)

Looks like the woman on the right is the girl who was helping Superman lift weights in Superman #13
    Do we know what the deal is with Jimmy's eye patch?

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Poor Dr. Hamilton. Superman went and made friends with another scientist so BLARGH EVIL!!!

Oh wait that's no longer in continuity. Yay! Seriously though, like that Dr. Veritas appears to be sticking around.
    Same here. I like Dr. Veritas, even if I still don't know what her intentions are (yet). Honestly, the most I cared about Dr. Hamilton is when he lost it and became Ruin (in the past continuity, obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    Do we know what the deal is with Jimmy's eye patch?
    I just think that Mr. Daniel got lazy there.
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    Looking really good. It seems that what H'El did to Superboy made the latter lose it. and the solicitation text for that issue seems to confirm that Superboy will be the one who gets closer to Superman.

I wouldnt mind a new foe that was a telepath,like psimon,SB even looks a lil like him on the cover.

Does anybody here think kon is going to smallville ,as his new town?

They all look good to me especially that Action cover looked really nice also Superboy cover looked good as well as usual I be getting all I be getting all Super books.

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    I just think that Mr. Daniel got lazy there.
    Yeah, now that I look more closely, I think you're right. At first that one strand of his hair looked like the strap of the patch going around his head.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

I thought you were joking, but now I see where you're coming from. Yeah it's just a weird shadow.

I haven't read any New 52 AC or Superman but want to get started in March, since Morrison's done on AC (not because I don't like Morrison but because it's a new creative team and sounds like a good jumping-on point) and H'El on Earth would have concluded.

What are the main differences between the two titles? Does one focus more on the Clark Kent persona? Does AC focus more on the Superman world (since AC #18 reads like we're going to get some LL action happening) whereas Superman focuses mostly just on the character Superman himself? They're both in Present Day now, right?

I'm also giving Supergirl a try but not Superboy.
    604comics | vancouver, canada
    comics, please! http://comicsplease.wordpress.com
    My YouTube! http://bit.ly/TsoyyN

Infâme et fier de l'ętre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 604comics View Post
    I haven't read any New 52 AC or Superman but want to get started in March, since Morrison's done on AC (not because I don't like Morrison but because it's a new creative team and sounds like a good jumping-on point) and H'El on Earth would have concluded.

What are the main differences between the two titles? Does one focus more on the Clark Kent persona? Does AC focus more on the Superman world (since AC #18 reads like we're going to get some LL action happening) whereas Superman focuses mostly just on the character Superman himself? They're both in Present Day now, right?

I'm also giving Supergirl a try but not Superboy.
    Well, it's kinda hard to say considering one of these books will have a completely new creative team going to a different direction.
    Both are going to be in present day, that is sure, but appart from that.....Superman the book will apparently deal with this issue about Clark's new job direction after leaving the Planet.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

It looks like Superman is going to be the more whimsical cosmic one, while Action Comics will be a little more edgey and grounded. I suspect "Action" will be heavy in a grittier sci fi, where as Action will be kind of fairy-tale sci fi, if that makes any sense.

Basically, "Superman" is taking its cues from "All Star Superman", where as "Action" I think will take its cues from "For Tomorrow". Speaking tonally, not in any sort of judgement of quality or craft.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    It looks like Superman is going to be the more whimsical cosmic one, while Action Comics will be a little more edgey and grounded. I suspect "Action" will be heavy in a grittier sci fi, where as Action will be kind of fairy-tale sci fi, if that makes any sense.

Basically, "Superman" is taking its cues from "All Star Superman", where as "Action" I think will take its cues from "For Tomorrow". Speaking tonally, not in any sort of judgement of quality or craft.
    Diggle said that? I completely missed it.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

No, he didn't say that. I'm reading between the lines in some of his interviews and tweets, and going back to the general tone of his previous work.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    No, he didn't say that. I'm reading between the lines in some of his interviews and tweets, and going back to the general tone of his previous work.
    Ha, ok. Well, I guess it's possible, at least to an extend.
    Superman and the Losers?