Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    The only thing that is going to give that book its legs is a new writer.
    Certainly could do with one, but I was only recently thinking how much better Teen Titans has gotten since it refocussed itself (finally!) away from NOWHERE but without losing it's writer.

I dunno, I suppose I'm just not familar enough with DeFalco. Is he capable of better than what we've been getting?

Wow! All the covers are great in their own ways.
    H.I.V.E really has caught my attention also. When I played DCUO, I loved helpin' BOOSTER GOLD fight them off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Certainly could do with one, but I was only recently thinking how much better Teen Titans has gotten since it refocussed itself (finally!) away from NOWHERE but without losing it's writer.

I dunno, I suppose I'm just not familar enough with DeFalco. Is he capable of better than what we've been getting?
    Not really, he's known for being bland. The issues aren't horrible, but compared to all the potential Superboy had in the beginning, bland is frustrating.

Both the covers are nice, but why does Supermans hair have to look so unproffesional and messy.

I thought the costume/uniform was suppose to bring an image.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post

I think the difference for me is that I believe that Lobdell is capable of putting out good work, exciting work, forward looking work. Not that he will ALL the time, and I think NOWHERE was a failure that even he acknowledges, but that given a chance and a confluence of circumstance he can do it.

I don't feel that way about Defalco, who is workmanlike in the extreme. No offense to the main who has had a great impact on comics, he's just not my cuppa.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

BANNED

"Nothing will be the same for Supergirl as she embarks on a new mission that brings her face to face with one of DC’s deadliest villains!"

anyone wanna make a Guess at who the villain is??? excited :)

And now I'll be getting Action Comics (in trades).
    BB

I am looking forward to Supergirl. The other books I am just along for the ride.

This is better than "Grounded" in my opinion. But I am still searching for a real benefit of the reboot....it seems like Supergirl was the only book that took advantage of the continuity change. The whole take on her is fresh....Superman is just muddled. And Superboy robs banks to pay for his lifestyle. Which makes me wonder if they are ever going to get back to that plot point.

Or maybe they handled it like Morrison and he worked it out off panel and then forgot to tell us that it happened a couple of month from now while we watch Superboy as he currently is and then as he was and then as he will be in the future. All at once man.....yeah......genius storytelling.
    If the shoe fits: "a crankly old man standing just on the edge of a crowd gathered for a concert and stamping his feet yelling at the crowd to stop having fun, that they don't know what fun is."

Wow...I just fell in love with AC's cover...so pretty!! *¬*

H.I.V.E?!?! So Queen Bee must be coming along soon, I hope. :) Can't wait, gonna pick up Superman again after H'el on Earth.

AC looks intriguing as always, I hope the new team is a good pair.
    Pull-list: Action Comics, Batman, Superior Spider-Man, Flash, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Silver Surfer, Thor: God of Thunder

Such a weird, wonderful 180* shift from Tony Daniel, but wowie, does this style shift really suit him. Weaknesses become strengths. Rocafort is still gold. Both stories sound fun. Supergirl looks fine, too, I'm sure it'll remain consistently fun stuff.

Yeah, Superboy is just an ugly duckling in this line-up.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar

Actually superboy is the only cover that gives you a "what the hell" feeling,which is exactly what solicits are for.dont get me wrong the other three covers are straight awesome,but they dont ,by themselves they dont make me wonder about whats in the book.now the superboy is straight crazy,do you not see that kon has a surgically sewn up head,and he rips off his own head,and actually plays soccer with it wth,i cant freaking wait.

Not to mention he gets a secret identity,hopefully superman gives him conner kent,a new city,hopeull not smallville,i mean this is set up to be a awesome.

Definitely getting Action, the solicit sounds interesting. Tony Daniel really improved from the past few years, that cover looks great. Rocafort still amazes me, even with a simplistic cover like that.

Anyone else think these "scars" that are spoken of Lex are physical as well as emotional? When I read that I just thought back to the big scar Superman has on his back in #13, and the scar Lex has on his face on the cover of #15. I theorized back then that maybe Superman and Lex have both physically maimed one another at some point. I'm hopeful this might actually hold true.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

- can't make heads or tails of the Action solicit, but the cover is neat.
    - Superboy...still under DeFalco
    - post H'el Superman should be stronger
    - I think Supergirl has the best cover.