Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    that was the one that really grabbed my eye.

i didnt think the deadpool book had all the incentives built it.. however, even if it did..... MY GOD.. if that book keeps selling anywhere near that... the powers that be at marvel have to be thrilled with that book

you can see on comixology which books are "popular or best selllers" no hard numbers, but a general ranking. deadpool has been shown high on the list there also. and they always say the comoixolgy rankings generally reflect book sales rankings.... and of course there are no digital incentive plans.. so it seems like the book is really doing that well to me

and as a person who finds them-self shocked to realize ive bought all 3 DP books released and looking forward to the next... its just very surprising
    Exactly.

The comixology top 10 generally mirrors the top sellers in the direct market and Deadpool is doing pretty well there (Deadpool kills dominated the digital charts).

Considering that I'm also buying Deadpool (a title I wouldn't have touched months ago and because its $2.99) I shouldn't be too surprised.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    There's always a drop between #1 and #2. Since Uncanny Avengers was so inflated, I'm not surprised. I don't think anyone is going to complain about a book selling 150K in this day and age.
    But what are the chances UA will keep selling 150K when month to month it lost 150K? That's my question and it won't by answered until 2-3 months from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylun123 View Post
    Of course. But they never include digital numbers, so all we have to compare it to, is Diamond's previous monthly figures which also didn't include digital sales.
    However, digital sales figures have been increasing; with the tablet computer boom of the last 12 months, and the continued growth of comiXology's turnover the Diamond figures steadily become less accurate as a guide to the 'health' of a book, company or the industry.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, and the data for that knowledge grows ever smaller.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    However, digital sales figures have been increasing; with the tablet computer boom of the last 12 months, and the continued growth of comiXology's turnover the Diamond figures steadily become less accurate as a guide to the 'health' of a book, company or the industry.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, and the data for that knowledge grows ever smaller.
    I think the argument is that the digital versions' rankings mirror those of the print copies, meaning that relative, "overall" rankings wouldn't change with that additional information. Whether that's true or not, I don't know.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    I think the argument is that the digital versions' rankings mirror those of the print copies, meaning that relative, "overall" rankings wouldn't change with that additional information. Whether that's true or not, I don't know.
    At present, digital sales figures are almost completely opaque to everyone but the publishers and their chosen online retail partners, and honestly that's not a bad thing.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    But what are the chances UA will keep selling 150K when month to month it lost 150K? That's my question and it won't by answered until 2-3 months from now.
    It lost 150k in inflated sales, give or take. That's not supposed to be any indication of the title leveling out, though it might.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post

The Diamond figures might become less accurate to the health of a book, yet so far we haven't seen it have any effect, and books survival based on the released figures have been pretty consistent with months past.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylun123 View Post
    The Diamond figures might become less accurate to the health of a book, yet so far we haven't seen it have any effect, and books survival based on the released figures have been pretty consistent with months past.
    Because the LCS / small retail market and, unfortunately, the readership put far too much stock in them. On top of that, you get news stories based on those bare figures - some, like the Newsarama one in the OP are reasonably balanced, despite their source material. Others are... well, I won't be polite; some other stories have been utter drivel written by hacks desperate for page clicks, but the fact remains that these articles, good or bad, have an effect on the LCS / small business market, and influence purchasing decisions.

The fact that hack reportage on some figures that they don't fully understand and that also don't tell the whole story can sink a book is a shitty state for the industry to be in.

Full Numbers are out.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...2/2012-11.html

#1-#2 drop offs
    All New X-Men #1 sells 181,693 then sells 96,436 for #2

Thor went from 110,443 to 65,533
    DeadPool went from 118,976 to 67,421
    Iron Man went from 116,529 to 72,902

At this rate DC will take back the Top 10 by March.

My Little Pony? What the ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffffffffffffffffff

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    My Little Pony? What the ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffffffffffffffffff
    You didn't know about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hehey View Post
    Full Numbers are out.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...2/2012-11.html

#1-#2 drop offs
    All New X-Men #1 sells 181,693 then sells 96,436 for #2

Thor went from 110,443 to 65,533
    DeadPool went from 118,976 to 67,421
    Iron Man went from 116,529 to 72,902

At this rate DC will take back the Top 10 by March.
    Don't take it to mean much as it double-shipped the first month. Retailers ordered extremely high on the first issues, but they'd have little idea how much actual demand would be there for the long-term product. Some books may tail off faster than others. Thor seems to be one that was received very well critically and it has been showing strong advanced reorders on future issues. The same goes for Hulk.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    You didn't know about that?
    Probably heard about it somewhere. Surprised it debuted so high.

Bronies must have a lot of disposable income.

-Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Don't take it to mean much as it double-shipped the first month. Retailers ordered extremely high on the first issues, but they'd have little idea how much actual demand would be there for the long-term product. Some books may tail off faster than others. Thor seems to be one that was received very well critically and it has been showing strong advanced reorders on future issues. The same goes for Hulk.
    How about Uncanny Avengers losing like 70%.

Quote Originally Posted by Hehey View Post
    How about Uncanny Avengers losing like 70%.
    And still ends up above 100k.

First issue was heavy with variants, so those numbers are going to be inflated no matter what. I'm sure Marvel ain't complainin'.

-Theophilus