Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    Thor would probably kick his fans' buttocks if he heard how often they whine.
    Not if written by these writers. Thor would get kicked in the nuts, his hammer taken off him and his arse paddled with it like a rude stepkid, then he would get dumped in the gutter with passing stray dogs using his face as a lampost and pissing on it.
    Last edited by blakkrussian; 12-07-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blakkrussian View Post
    Its not just about the first issue, pay attention. It;s been a build up of a few years. We were just expecting a fresh take on Thor in the Avengers with this new run but were disappointed.
    You say it's not just about the first issue, yet it sounds like you're basing how Hickman will treat Thor for the remainder of his run on this one issue.

In a book with an ensemble cast, you really can't base how a writer will treat a character on just one issue.

I agree Thor has gotten dumped on a lot in the past year or so, but considering how he was written in Ultimates and Ultimate Thor, I think its way early to assume that the guy will treat Thor poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Whip Whirlwind View Post
    You say it's not just about the first issue, yet it sounds like you're basing how Hickman will treat Thor for the remainder of his run on this one issue.

In a book with an ensemble cast, you really can't base how a writer will treat a character on just one issue.

I agree Thor has gotten dumped on a lot in the past year or so, but considering how Thor was written in Ultimates and Ultimate Thor, I think its way early to assume that the guy will treat Thor poorly.
    I addressed all that and you have answered your own question. I actually said There are so many other characters vying for 'screentime' so it's very unlikely Thor is going to shine atanything, especially with Hulk, Hyperion and Smasher around. You also have Spidey and Almighty Wolverine who is worth in popularity terms more than Thor , just like Wolverine and Spidey were way more successful against the P5 than Thor ever was, not because of power but because of popularity, and all this is stacked up against Thor on the Avengers. Added to the fact Thor a) wasn't a part of Tony and Caps discussion a bad omission. b) he never said anything only character to not say a goddamn word. was he mute? c) he was the most innefective of the group. Hulk got respect as they used him as the strongest to take out Thor. Hawkeye and Widow get respect for actually hurting the villains. Stark gets respect as it was his idea for exapanding the Avengers which will we know actually save the day and lays out the blueprint for the Avengers whole future. Cap got so much respect i thought i was reading a Captain America book.

How does this bode well for Thor if the writer couldn't have him utter a single word and got taken out the easiest in the first issue? Name me anyone who got less respect in this issue.
    Last edited by blakkrussian; 12-07-2012 at 01:51 PM.

BANNED

if he can't cut it anymore, then he needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by DiceRoll View Post
    I understand, you just want some consistency, right?

Sort of. It just seems dumb that an attack that stuns the Thing and Thor would not kill Hawkeye. Not that I want him dead but some care should be taken. Hawkeye (and a bunch of others) not being killed becasue Thor, IM, Vison etc draw the heat only works to a point. Cap has his shield that work for all occasion Hawkeye jumps jums out of the line of fire a lot I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by celticguy View Post
    Sort of. It just seems dumb that an attack that stuns the Thing and Thor would not kill Hawkeye. Not that I want him dead but some care should be taken. Hawkeye (and a bunch of others) not being killed becasue Thor, IM, Vison etc draw the heat only works to a point. Cap has his shield that work for all occasion Hawkeye jumps jums out of the line of fire a lot I guess.
    I get it. Like that scan someone posted of Count Nefaria charging through the Avengers and everyone gets tossed equally.

I'd be all for it if it means future issue threads wouldn't all devolve into ten pages of complaining about how Thor doesn't get enough respect.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

I addressed all that and you have answered your own question. I actually said There are so many other characters vying for 'screentime' so it's very unlikely Thor is going to shine atanything, especially with Hulk, Hyperion and Smasher around. You also have Spidey and Almighty Wolverine who is worth in popularity terms more than Thor , just like Wolverine and Spidey were way more successful against the P5 than Thor ever was, not because of power but because of popularity, and all this is stacked up against Thor on the Avengers. Added to the fact Thor a) wasn't a part of Tony and Caps discussion a bad omission. b) he never said anything only character to not say a goddamn word. was he mute? c) he was the most innefective of the group. Hulk got respect as they used him as the strongest to take out Thor. Hawkeye and Widow get respect for actually hurting the villains. Stark gets respect as it was his idea for exapanding the Avengers which will we know actually save the day and lays out the blueprint for the Avengers whole future. Cap got so much respect i thought i was reading a Captain America book.

How does this bode well for Thor if the writer couldn't have him utter a single word and got taken out the easiest in the first issue? Name me anyone who got less respect in this issue.
    hawkeye

seriously, what's he gonna do?

and dude, thor will get his. Hickman isn't trying to shit on thor you know?

plus why do you even read the big events if you know they're gonna just be about the main character winning?

you have enough knowledge to realize that's what'll happen :/
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Thor's gonna form his own Avengers. With mead. And wenches.

Thor is a stupid hero for the modern age. In the 1950s, sure, kids could be memorized by the idea of Gods fighting alongside men. You didn't have to write him well because the idea of a God amongst men was enough to carry the book. In 2012, that is not so captivating. You are stuck with a non-personality "hero" who is so OP that he has to be removed from battle to allow for dramatic tension. Kill him off already.
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

Yeah, Thor's been so dumped on the past few years. I mean, when's the last time a company-wide event revolved around Thor?

Quote Originally Posted by Meehl View Post
    Thor is a stupid hero for the modern age. In the 1950s, sure, kids could be memorized by the idea of Gods fighting alongside men. You didn't have to write him well because the idea of a God amongst men was enough to carry the book. In 2012, that is not so captivating. You are stuck with a non-personality "hero" who is so OP that he has to be removed from battle to allow for dramatic tension. Kill him off already.
    There is no need to kill him off, his book is very good so far. He just should leave the Avengers as long he has any dignity left.
    Three armed cops and a writer makes four. You’re under arrest, so get on the floor.

Master Yoda on clubbing: "Always two there are, no more, no less: a hot chick and her fat friend."

Not if written by these writers. Thor would get kicked in the nuts, his hammer taken off him and his arse paddled with it like a rude stepkid, then he would get dumped in the gutter with passing stray dogs using his face as a lampost and pissing on it.
    O_o
    This sounds like personal experience talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    I'd be all for it if it means future issue threads wouldn't all devolve into ten pages of complaining about how Thor doesn't get enough respect.
    Now, now. If we got rid of all the characters that generates complaints, we'd be reading blank pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Meehl View Post
    Whoaaa! I'm all for less of Thor in the Avengers, but let's not get carried away. There's always room for mythological characters in literature.

Thor is a god of battle so is a great tacticion. Thor should never be K.O.ed with on punch from the hulk. He is way more powerful than the hulk.If after the one punch Hulk had pounced on Thor and kept pounding on him then there would not be any nit picking on my part.But Hickman was trying to accomplish a lot in the issue and trying to make the book have a different feel to it than Bendis's run. Thor did go down way too easy. i did like the book though.