Default Scott Snyder on "Fatman on Batman"

Didn't see any mention of this on these boards so I figured I'd through it out there.

http://smodcast.com/episodes/scott-s...owls-and-owls/

It's pretty interesting and entertaining, but then I'm a fan of the "Fatman on Batman" show.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

On one hand, it was cool to listen to because we got more in his head and heard some interesting stuff about his life before writing that was pretty cool. He also explained why a lot of his arcs are going to be these huge game changers in a way that I can't really fault him for it.

On the other, it does kinda spoil a little bit of what happens next in Death of the Family, so I kinda wish I didn't hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    On one hand, it was cool to listen to because we got more in his head and heard some interesting stuff about his life before writing that was pretty cool. He also explained why a lot of his arcs are going to be these huge game changers in a way that I can't really fault him for it.

On the other, it does kinda spoil a little bit of what happens next in Death of the Family, so I kinda wish I didn't hear that.
    Sorry to hear that, but thanks for the warning. I usually listen to most of the smodcast shows so I would have been spoiled myself.
    "John Stewart. LAME! ...this guy having a ring is like giving the batmobile to a blind old woman with her left leg in a cast."

"Pym biting Blobs head off seems like something that would have happened when i was ten years old and playing with action figures."

"i always assumed that [the blob] had the same powers as his 616 counterpart because, if simply being a huge fat guy was enough to be considered a mutant then there sure are a lot of mutants in 'real life'. "

Quote Originally Posted by Choppa View Post
    Sorry to hear that, but thanks for the warning. I usually listen to most of the smodcast shows so I would have been spoiled myself.
    It's not a full-fledge spoil as in the ending or whatever, but it does kind of speak of a little bit of what we're going to see next inside the Asylum, as Joker hinted at with Penguin last issue.

There's also a moment where he's talking about how everyone is already yelling at him because they think he's going to kill off Alfred, which he kind-of writes-off, and then when Smith continues on a thought, he says softly under his breath, "...But he might die."

"What was that?"

"Oh, nothing, carry on."

I listened to this yesterday. It was a great interview that gave a good insight into Snyder's work so far and it was cool to get some hints of where hes going next.

Also, Dan DiDio and Geoff Johns are coming up. Didn't expect either of them to be on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    I listened to this yesterday. It was a great interview that gave a good insight into Snyder's work so far and it was cool to get some hints of where hes going next.

Also, Dan DiDio and Geoff Johns are coming up. Didn't expect either of them to be on the show.
    I don't remember him saying that DiDio WILL be on the show, but Johns will be to talk about Batman: Earth One.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post

oh nice

we've had so many snyder interviews in his young career that I'm actually more excited for those
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

I've been enjoying the episodes with Paul Dini: he and Smith offer commentary on episodes of Batman Adventures in 1, Mask of the Phantasm in the next, and plan to do Worlds Finest and Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker after that.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Now I want to go back and read his Jim Gordon story, the guy makes a good case for his work.
    x____sign here____

Fatman?? Who, him?

"Only a Dummy would run into my Tummy!" HAHAHAHAHA, priceless!