Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I still have to ask: has Aquarian not ever once been harmed then?
    He was hurt by the bite of a Marvel Zombies version of Deadpool, which probably was low power enough to get past the aura.

Superman, however, is all brute force and generally lacking in exotic attacks akin to a superzombie infection.

If he starts inside the aura, I think Super is screwed. If he starts outside, I guess he could contain Wundarr by... I dunno, making a cage of solidified rock or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    He was hurt by the bite of a Marvel Zombies version of Deadpool, which probably was low power enough to get past the aura.

Superman, however, is all brute force and generally lacking in exotic attacks akin to a superzombie infection.

If he starts inside the aura, I think Super is screwed. If he starts outside, I guess he could contain Wundarr by... I dunno, making a cage of solidified rock or something?
    Well wait now, if Superman will become nigh powerless thanks to the aura and a zombie biting him can cause him harm..can't Superman just take himself a big ol' bite of Aquarian? Yes I just typed that sentence and yes there goes another small piece of my soul. Unless the bite only happened because he was a zombie, but if the zombie powered up your bites then you'd think it would be nullified? Though being a zombie tended to weaken you(Thor was pierced by arrows as a zombie).

I'm mostly not being serious about the biting though..kinda.
    Last edited by Surtur; 12-11-2012 at 01:25 PM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Veteran Member

Well wait now, if Superman will become nigh powerless thanks to the aura and a zombie biting him can cause him harm..can't Superman just take himself a big ol' bite of Aquarian? Yes I just typed that sentence and yes there goes another small piece of my soul. Unless the bite only happened because he was a zombie, but if the zombie powered up your bites then you'd think it would be nullified? Though being a zombie tended to weaken you(Thor was pierced by arrows as a zombie).
    Wundarr is class 1 or whereabouts, post power transformation.

If Superman were to be rendered effectively powerless through nullification of his energy reserves, I reckon that the Aquarian could fend him off.

Also, what caused Wundarr actual harm was the zombie infection, rather than the bite itself. I guess, however, that if Superman somehow managed to get in position he could try to bite out his throat.

Wow. That's a weird thing to write.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Isn't Marvel Zombies all screwed-up featwise anyways? *coughgalactuscough* I'm not sure we can treat anything that happens to anybody in that series to really count for a Rumble unless we are using that version explicitly. (Although the crossovers with the 616 'verse muddy the waters a bit...)

Zombies isn't canon, as far as I know.

We need a picture of Superman biting Space Jesus.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Mimic has probably good shot,I would lean towards to AoA one having the best shot.He walking with wolverine healing that should keep him alive until he copies Superman powers himself.

Exodus he has more than enough TP to do it,but even with out using his TP. I think exodus has shot without TP. Seriously Exodus healing factor,can teleport,TK and some level superhuman damage soak i think you can find scans of him shaking off hits from Rogue and Frenzy

Exodus he has more than enough TP to do it,but even with out using his TP. I think exodus has shot without TP. Seriously Exodus healing factor,can teleport,TK and some level superhuman damage soak i think you can find scans of him shaking off hits from Rogue and Frenzy
    Exodus has no shot, given his superspeed of nil, Superman being ridiculously stronger than the likes of Rogue and Frenzy and that Exodus, if you can breach his defenses, has something of a glass jaw vis a vis being hit in the face. He's not dealing with a guy who can lift a planet hitting him thousands of times before he processes a thought.

We need a picture of Superman biting Space Jesus.
    That would be a WTF post anywhere else.
    Hey! No one's asking you to smell it.

About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar

I like the extra layer of humor derived from the fact that for all intents and purposes Wundarr has a Kryptonian origin gone Shyamalanyanly wrong.

On a distant planet called Dakkam, a scientist named Hektu comes to believe that the sun going nova would destroy his world. In a last effort to save his family, he and his wife, Soja, have an infant son named Wundarr, whom they plan to save from their world's destruction. They place him aboard a ship that is able to maintain his life support as long as necessary, and then launch him into outer space. Hektu and Soja later make flight and are captured and executed by the Internal Security Force to prevent them from alarming the populace. It is later found out that Hektu's apocalyptic prediction is incorrect, and that he sent his son away for nothing.

In July, 1951, Wundarr's ship is caught by Earth's gravitational pull, and passes through a layer of cosmic rays before entering Earth's atmosphere and crashing in a Florida swamp. An elderly couple known only as Maw and Paw observe the crash from their car. Paw considers checking out the crash site, but Maw insists that it might contain Martians or Communists and demands that he ignore it; thus, Wundarr remains in his ship for a number of years, growing to physical maturity, though retaining the mind of a child.
    God I miss when comics were fun.

And has anything in the Zombies series actually been able to overcome the bite? Like not stay rational, but revert to living status?
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

The Aquarian, actually. Zombies aint no match for Jesus.

Can New 52 Superman fly in outer space for long without protection? The reason I ask is this scene from Superman Annual #1 with him & Helspont. Can anyone put that into context for me I haven't read it yet.
    Last edited by Ood Omega; 12-13-2012 at 04:49 PM.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post

Would dropping a small mountain on Wundarr work? How about a large mountain?
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Your Ice Cream Man Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Friend View Post
    Can New 52 Superman fly in outer space for long without protection? The reason I ask is this scene from Superman Annual #1 with him & Helspont. Can anyone put that into context for me I haven't read it yet.
    Define long? He flew to the sun and back just fine, but that seemed to take him moments, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Define long? He flew to the sun and back just fine, but that seemed to take him moments, so...
    new52 Supes flew to the sun & back? He was holding his breath right?
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison