Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

For the Aquarian, has the guy ever been defeated? If so, how? Have we never seen him harmed, or only seen him harmed by people vastly above Supes? What is the most potent attack his null field nullified? Does he nullify superpowers themselves or attacks? In other words, would Supes be powerless by merely standing next to him?

Finally, does he have any way of actually preventing Supes from playing keepaway indefinitely? Or until one of them dies of old age? Is Aquarian immortal? Does he need to eat, drink, or sleep?
    Last edited by Surtur; 12-11-2012 at 07:27 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

He nullifies energy, including kinetic. I don't recall any feats of nullifying psionic or magic energy though, so we can't assume he does that.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    He nullifies energy, including kinetic. I don't recall any feats of nullifying psionic or magic energy though, so we can't assume he does that.
    So from the way I'm understanding that, if Superman punched him he'd nullify it, but a passive power like Supes durability would still be perfectly in tact? What about lifespan, do we know for certain he doesn't need to eat or drink? I'm assuming he could maybe sustain himself on absorbed energy, what if Supes never once attacks him and just plays super speed keep away?

What's the most powerful kinetic attack he nullified?
    Last edited by Surtur; 12-11-2012 at 08:22 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

note a mutant, but crusher creel (aka absorbing man) after absorbing kryptonite would be a good choice. ;)
    click here for some characters to use in rumbles

“We need to apply the science of communication to the communication of science.” - Preston Manning

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    note a mutant, but crusher creel (aka absorbing man) after absorbing kryptonite would be a good choice. ;)
    Couldn't Supes just melt him down?

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    So from the way I'm understanding that, if Superman punched him he'd nullify it, but a passive power like Supes durability would still be perfectly in tact?
    Superman is a bad example to throw against the Aquarian. The null aura would nullify the very large amounts of latent sunlight stored in Superman's cells and leave him... however durable he happens to be when he has only the most minimal amounts of energy stored in his body.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Mandy View Post
    Superman is a bad example to throw against the Aquarian. The null aura would nullify the very large amounts of latent sunlight stored in Superman's cells and leave him... however durable he happens to be when he has only the most minimal amounts of energy stored in his body.
    Wait does it actually nullify every single type of energy such as sunlight? Would it sap him of his powers or simply prevent him from absorbing anymore sunlight? For example if he uses a lot of power around the guy it won't replenish until he gets out of the null field.
    Last edited by Surtur; 12-11-2012 at 10:23 AM.

From what I've read it's just kinetic and electromagnetic energy, so the solar radiation powering Superman is not affected. His direct attacks would probably be useless, but I don't see why he couldn't slowly crush his skull or him or bury him alive. Movement under a certain speed can still reach him, so Superman could calmly reach over and wring his neck.
    Hey! No one's asking you to smell it.

It blocks all energy above a certain threshold, which is very low (lower than the energy carried by a bullet, IIRC). So it doesn't block sunlight, but it'd nullify Superman's energy reserves.

And, yes, the null aura also blocks latent energy. During the Quasar series, Quasar was caught inside the aura and immediately dropped like a brick, despite the Quantum Bands storing energy inside themselves. Also did the same to Quantum.

The sun energy inside Superman is latent energy, too, so it should work the same.
    Last edited by Randy Mandy; 12-11-2012 at 11:00 AM.

So if Supes doesn't actually get too close the guy can't actually hurt him? How large is the arena again? Wiki says the null field can be extended to something like 500 feet.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Ooh, ooh, ooh - new cheapshot win! Husk!

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    So if Supes doesn't actually get too close the guy can't actually hurt him? How large is the arena again? Wiki says the null field can be extended to something like 500 feet.
    200 ft by 150 ft, with the ability to resize if necessary, if I'm remembering correctly.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    From what I've read it's just kinetic and electromagnetic energy, so the solar radiation powering Superman is not affected. His direct attacks would probably be useless, but I don't see why he couldn't slowly crush his skull or him or bury him alive. Movement under a certain speed can still reach him, so Superman could calmly reach over and wring his neck.
    What the heck is "solar radiation" if it's not electromagnetic?

IR, Visible Light, UV.... all on the electromagnetic spectrum.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

I think we are thinking too hard on powers that don't really make that much sense to begin with.

I still have to ask: has Aquarian not ever once been harmed then?