Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Default Ultimate Comics X-Men #20 Preview

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=14490

Things seem pretty tense with Mach Two. Hope Kitty's thinking things through and keeping an eye out for her and those who voted for her knowing just how much of a threat she really is. After all, they may all be living together, but that doesn't mean they're all on the same page and Mach Two is showing her intents to the reader an awful lot.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Somebody said they think the gun had a cure bullet, I think that Nomi will cure Kitty. Also just bring back Wolverine already, Jimmy isn't progressing as a new character, just a replacement. If Wolverine was around Jimmy could be his own man. It also seems Rogue is still having something going on in her head, I can only hope we see the ghosts that haunt her sorted out.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Sorta looks like a Walther P99
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

On Vacation

Looks like we get into the meat of things right away. that's good. I do hope however that there is an explanation for the rapid change in personalities in Nomi. Is was only a few months ago that she was "nice" and friendly with Kitty and then in 18.1 and 19 we see a big change. Maybe she has schizophrenia? If she is related to Magneto it wouldn't be surprising. schizophrenia can run in the family. It's a good explanation of why Magneto and Quicksilver are completely crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Somebody said they think the gun had a cure bullet, I think that Nomi will cure Kitty. Also just bring back Wolverine already, Jimmy isn't progressing as a new character, just a replacement. If Wolverine was around Jimmy could be his own man. It also seems Rogue is still having something going on in her head, I can only hope we see the ghosts that haunt her sorted out.
    Yep. I also would like to see Rogue sort out her problems - her 616 incarnation is rapidly becoming someone I can't stand.

Like Warpath, hope we see more of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I believe I was the one who said that about the cure bullet,like the one in the movies.Dont think Kitty will be shot by Nomi since she;s the main character.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by J/O/J/O View Post
    I believe I was the one who said that about the cure bullet,like the one in the movies.Dont think Kitty will be shot by Nomi since she;s the main character.
    I think it's more like Nomi will provoke Kitty to shoot her but then the gun backfires and Kitty gets hit by the cure gun. But really all she has to do is take the serum and gain new powers.

I'm perfectly fine with Jimmy. In fact, I like him a lot. I do agree that Rogue's situation should be resolved. Or that she should have more of a role/personality. I do love the book, but I feel like it's time we focus a bit on the characters and their relationships. It's been very plot-heavy so far (again, loving it).

Anyway, the preview looks great. I already really like Amara. 'Cause I'm easy like that.

On Vacation

You know if I had a chance to live like the Ultimate Mutants I probably would. Seriously what mutant would want to be a human when they can get away from the government and society and actually live free. It would be like living in a summer camp all the time. Well minus the really bad environment but you get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    You know if I had a chance to live like the Ultimate Mutants I probably would. Seriously what mutant would want to be a human when they can get away from the government and society and actually live free. It would be like living in a summer camp all the time. Well minus the really bad environment but you get the point.
    ... Are you sure you thought this out completely? In theory it sounds kinda neat but for the most part they are prisoners in an 18 mile radius prison. They aren't allowed to leave, lest they be shot. They have no aspect of a first world society anywhere near them: No stores, no groceries, no entertainment... Literally NOTHING. In fact, actual prison inmates have a better life then the mutants do. All at the cost of having powers, which they aren't even allowed to use except in their own little society to rearrange furniture and help it rain a little bit...

lol, given the two choices I would have taken the cure. Not because I am ashamed of my mutant abilities or who I am, but because I can't imagine a worse kind of hell.

EDIT: Let me be clear, I'm not saying the thought of not having a shopping mall nearby is hell, lol. I'm saying that there are third world countries out there where the inhabitants are living in poverty, disease, famine, etc. They would give ANYTHING to have what we in first world nations have. Why on earth would you choose to live like they do? Having powers and abilities does not automatically mean that you're immune to poverty. Being stranded in a desert with barely livable conditions is NOT worth having the ability to walk through walls or lift slightly heavier objects than an average person.
    Last edited by Balfro; 12-07-2012 at 08:18 AM.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    ... Are you sure you thought this out completely? In theory it sounds kinda neat but for the most part they are prisoners in an 18 mile radius prison. They aren't allowed to leave, lest they be shot. They have no aspect of a first world society anywhere near them: No stores, no groceries, no entertainment... Literally NOTHING. In fact, actual prison inmates have a better life then the mutants do. All at the cost of having powers, which they aren't even allowed to use except in their own little society to rearrange furniture and help it rain a little bit...

lol, given the two choices I would have taken the cure. Not because I am ashamed of my mutant abilities or who I am, but because I can't imagine a worse kind of hell.
    Yah but the potential for awesome things to occur is enormous. If they play there cards right. I probably would not have taken the cure. If I became human there would be too much stress to handle. Paying taxes every year, going to the same job everyday, talking to the same people. I would sacrifice convenience for freedom if I had the chance. There is just something about surviving that really appeals to me. Like the people in walking dead, or the people on the battlestar galactica, or the people in lost. Now if it actually happened in real life I probably wouldn't be too appealed by it but the scenario sounds pretty bliss.

Yah but the potential for awesome things to occur is enormous. If they play there cards right. I probably would not have taken the cure. If I became human there would be too much stress to handle. Paying taxes every year, going to the same job everyday, talking to the same people. I would sacrifice convenience for freedom if I had the chance. There is just something about surviving that really appeals to me. Like the people in walking dead, or the people on the battlestar galactica, or the people in lost. Now if it actually happened in real life I probably wouldn't be too appealed by it but the scenario sounds pretty bliss.
    I see where you are coming from, and yes in theory that does sound rad. But try talking to the survivors in the Walking Dead; something tells me they would disagree with you

In fiction it works, in real life it's hell. It takes enormous balls to hold onto your mutant powers at the cost of being an outcast, but to me those balls are not worth it. On the plus side, at least the mutants have the option to change their mind. The survivors in Walking Dead don't.

On Vacation

I see where you are coming from, and yes in theory that does sound rad. But try talking to the survivors in the Walking Dead; something tells me they would disagree with you

In fiction it works, in real life it's hell. It takes enormous balls to hold onto your mutant powers at the cost of being an outcast, but to me those balls are not worth it. On the plus side, at least the mutants have the option to change their mind. The survivors in Walking Dead don't.
    Oh I understand that it won't work in real life or else I would be a recluse somewhere in the mountains of Canada right now. But the interesting part about surviving is people coming together as a community even if some of them hate each other. You are a part of a much bigger family when you are trying to survive unlike us where all we really are is just another person among millions.

The survivors in Walking Dead don't.
    Well technically they do. Just get bitten lol.

Well technically they do. Just get bitten lol.
    Lol, well that's one way out I suppose :P

Sorta looks like a Walther P99
    Good eye. Looks like a cross between the P99, M&P, and PPK. Frame looks P99. Fixed barrel, hammer, and detachable trigger guard is PPK. Slide looks like a Smith and Wesson M&P.
    Last edited by DimitriKalashnikov; 12-07-2012 at 09:11 AM.