Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

The interaction between Forge and Dr. Nemesis should be good.
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    I look forward to seeing Cap second guess Havok's every move.
    I was impressed. Alex got over half a dozen lines in before Cap started undercutting him.

The preview was pretty good. I too am glad that this book seems to be holding off on the 'how the team got together' storyline. Hopefully the rest of the book isn't a flashback to just that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    The interaction between Forge and Dr. Nemesis should be good.
    forge is going to laugh in his face when he finds out nemesis had madison jeffries on his science team.

Definitely not feeling Dr Nemesis's new costume. Even if he's physically fit, I can't see him wearing something like that. At the very least, his hair being so untamed just looks wrong. I can't see how a man of his age and sensibility and profession would want to dress up like that.

Also, why is Cable wearing an eyepatch? I had heard that he finally had the T-O virus expunged from his body (thus accounting for his fleshy left arm), but if any eye was to be affected, I'd think it'd be the left one (as I understand it, at least when compared with Nate Grey, that little eye flashy thing isn't part of the T-O infection, and is just some random part of his mutation).

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    forge is going to laugh in his face when he finds out nemesis had madison jeffries on his science team.
    Yep. Madison is a poor man's Forge.

When I talked to Dennis about this book the other day, he said he was having fun with the Forge/Dr. Nemesis aspect. He said that although they respect each other as scientists, it was kind of like a "I don't care if this guy falls off the face of the earth tomorrow" kind of thing.

I suggested he also try to retcon Dr. Nemesis past, since you know...he was a Nazi and all.
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

HopeistheGreatestofEvils Atomiq's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeckBoy View Post
    Definitely not feeling Dr Nemesis's new costume. Even if he's physically fit, I can't see him wearing something like that. At the very least, his hair being so untamed just looks wrong. I can't see how a man of his age and sensibility and profession would want to dress up like that.

Also, why is Cable wearing an eyepatch? I had heard that he finally had the T-O virus expunged from his body (thus accounting for his fleshy left arm), but if any eye was to be affected, I'd think it'd be the left one (as I understand it, at least when compared with Nate Grey, that little eye flashy thing isn't part of the T-O infection, and is just some random part of his mutation).
    Yeah they stuffed that up in the design. He used to have that star-shaped Liefeldian scar around his right eye but it was otherwise normal. His left eye used to be blank but now seems to have healed.

I definitely agree that Madison Jeffries is a poor man's Forge. During Fraction's entire run on Uncanny I couldn't help but wonder why the hell they killed off Forge, and substituted him for some guy next door who builds cool toasters in his basement.

I have to admit that I was a little worried about this Marvel Now fiasco, but so far Marvel is doing one hell of a job on easing my doubts. Between Cable's X-Force, Uncanny X-Force, Wolverine's X-Men, and All New X-Men - my X-Men fix is higher than it's been in years.

My only qualm with Cable's X-Force are the flippin' Uncanny Avengers. I couldn't care less if they spent every page beating the hell out of the Uncanny Avengers, because it doesn't change the fact that paper and ink are being wasted on Avengers characters when there are more than enough X-Men characters that I'm much more interested and invested in. No matter how much I love this title, I will immediately drop it if they become a staple of it.

Side Note - I really wish artists would drop their infatuation with Havok's "classic" costume, because it is seriously boring as hell.

BANNED

havok's uncanny avenger costume is a gross bastardization of the original.

Par for the course with Cassaday. The only good costume update he ever did was tone down Wolverine's original clown costume. But he should never have returned to yellow spandex to begin with.

HopeistheGreatestofEvils Atomiq's Avatar

Yeah. It just looks bad when rendered in a modern style, with no thought to the stylistic way the original was blocked out. Also, there's something a bit creepy about his and caps eyebrows.

Veteran Member

The main U/A book is so far behind this book,it's not even funny.The only person in U/A Cap has recruited so far is Alex.Rogue and Wanda are playing mind games with the Red Skull on his privite Island.

Also,please.please,PLEASE have Alex and Rogue get rid of those white gloves and cuffs.Those white gloves make them look like first class SISSYS! : (

Retired

Not really a fan of these hard lines. Much preferred Larocca's less distinct, even slightly blurry style on X-Treme X-Men.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

Larocca should be on Gambit's ongoing. His Havok looks odd... and Dr. Nemesis... talking about swinging for the fences much?? Such a radical design departure.. maybe now that he looks like he came out of a JRPG, Dr. Nemesis can start to get over with comic book fans.

One of Archard's Agents Amacent's Avatar

That Skottie Young variant is adorable! Also, can't wait to see Cable and X-Force go head to head with the Uncanny Blunderers.
    Last edited by Amacent; 12-07-2012 at 08:45 AM.

I'm excited. Willing to try out the book.