Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Assembling The New Avengers part #1

Creepy Black Brotherhood Member

Brother Judge will leave you in Fudge.

Really interesting.

Totally on board.

BANNED

Awesome. Avengers #1 being as good as it was has convinced me to pick this up as well.

If the Interviews are anything to go by, it's going be a 2 horse race for my personal favorite Marvel Now title.

New Avengers Vs. Fearless Defenders... Bring it.
    Those who refuse to learn from History, will repeat History as they wonder "What the F*ck happened?"

Not knokin on Avengers with startd quite well & we'll b pikin up regularly but with dat said dis title is probably gonna b d best of Marvel now.

Dat was a very gd interview & r just aching 2 read it....but gat dammit we'v 2 wait a whole damn month. LOL!

Finally we get 2 c BP involved significantly in d Avengers franchise(NA in dis case), it bn a really looooong time.....& absolutely plsd 2 c JH use dis xcter given d immense potential BP possesses.

Dat interview REALLY peakd our/SZ interest.

Dis may probably b d best of Marvel Now with Avengers right behind.

UA &T-bolts r &/or were disappointments though we do confess dat we pikd those buks just outta simple curiosity not necessarily investd interest whoevr we'll gv d buk another 2-3 issues d wow us but most of us/SZ aint likin it.

Aint interestd in C&XF either & ANX has bn meh though still sumwat betta dan UA & T-bolts....sumwat.

Wat we do hv investd interest in is JH's A & NA titles...now deez title hv fantastic premises & a lot of xcters we/SZ like & written by a fantastic(hehehe) writer.

Uhm...heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellloooooooooooooo?

BANNED

thanks for bumping this. i didn't even see it. and the read was good. looking forward to some t'challa/namor action. captain america, not so much.

Default Assembling the New Avengers with Jonathan Hickman

Jonathan tells Marvel.com what it takes to join the Illuminati...

http://marvel.com/news/story/19800/a...ew_avengers_ii

Poor Hickman. By January, he's going to be sick and tired of talking about these books. But his sacrifice is appreciated. THANK YOU!

Whatever qualms (Paul Montgomery lleaving Namor out, AGAIN.) I have, this certainly goes a way to sooth them.

Jonathan Hickman: NEW AVENGERS will be the most important book in the Marvel Universe for the next couple of years. It won’t be obvious at the beginning, and I’m talking about in regards to the Avengers corner of the Marvel Universe. But we are going somewhere, and this is the primary driver of where we are headed.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/19800/a...#ixzz2EOFChT00

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    thanks for bumping this. i didn't even see it. and the read was good. looking forward to some t'challa/namor action. captain america, not so much.
    I'm still thinking Cap will be leaving soon. Just can't take those dreams of the Illuminati Initiation Ceremony.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    I'm still thinking Cap will be leaving soon. Just can't take those dreams of the Illuminati Initiation Ceremony.
    They made him egg the Watcher's house and then left him behind on the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    They made him egg the Watcher's house and then left him behind on the moon.
    They make him put a goat in Brand's bedroom. Oh wait ..
    Last edited by Rheged; 12-08-2012 at 01:52 AM.

This brings up so many questions of a moral sort about each member.

Each member thinks he is the leader of the group. Each member thinks that his idea is the best idea and by god, the rest of them better realize that. That is so difficult to get past, because of the egos of everyone and that fact that they are probably right. Then you have them all dealing with that fact. It's a little too mind blowing to think Stark will force himself on the group, and then so will all the others in turn.

But that's not all. No, it seems Black Panther is the greatest moral compass in the room. Not Steve Rogers. So Steve Rogers is just an expedient merchant compared to T'Challa? Where Steve Rogers would lay down that the plan has to follow certain moral paths, Black Panther will over rule that and say, "No, you have to do it this way, even though it's more brutal". This here is going to be one the most sore points of the NA if it becomes necessary for the Panther to over rule Captain America.

But then it's even more interesting, because T'Challa also has the overall say in Whether something should be attempted or not, because he knows that the Illuminati are a bad idea. So T'Challa has the final say here? The rest of the Illuminate are going to tell Black Panther he is too conceited thinking he can tell them their priorities. The fight will go something like this.

BP - I say we don't get involved with this.
    illuminati - oh really. What gives you the right to make that call?
    BP - Well, let's see what you've done so far. Do you have infinity gems? Do the Skrull have all your secrets? Who made WWH happen, the Hulk or you? What about that CW, was this your idea?
    I - Things happen
    BP - Well things are not going to happen while I'm here, is that understood?
    Last edited by jackolover; 12-07-2012 at 11:00 PM.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

The overall theme thing is what interests me the most. The Illuminati wasn't the vehicle he originally wanted to tell this story in, but because they became available, Hickman is using them. So this big theme that Hickman is spinning goes beyond the Illuminati and the Avengers, it's just that to do this, the Avengers have to be affected. It's a much more obtuse understanding before the story really starts, and another obtuse thing is that NA is bubbling below the surface and its story breaks the surface at various times, and is a subculture from the Flamboyant Avengers story, which is always out in The open.

I suppose Hickman could have chosen the Cosmic route and made the story surrounding the Silver Surfer or the Guardians of the Galaxy or the Nova Corps. But bringing it down to the human level with the Avengers sort of draws it into the human context instead of leaving it at a cosmic level. It's like there's a worm creeping around the Universe and it becomes apparent when what it bores into space and effects worlds, and eventually the Earth. So these Hyper Super heroes, the Illuminati, come into play, because they think it's their theatre of play, because this is on another level to the Avengers. This is on the Masters of the Galaxy level, of which they don't belong. Remember that team of cosmic beings in AVX Secret Avengers who were observing the Phoenix make it's way around the Galaxy? That sort of thing. The same ones that warned anybody who affected the Earth by landing there, would be acted against, so Thanos sent emissaries instead of going himself (Avengers Assemble by Bendis).

I wonder if Bendis' Cosmic theme and Hickman's theme will interact?
    Last edited by jackolover; 12-07-2012 at 11:28 PM.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.