Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The Anime Version of Soul Eater.
    Apparently all they needed to do was PUNCH the Big Bad.
    Who knew?
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

The ending of the Gantz anime is challenging, to say the least.

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Quote Originally Posted by Kamina View Post
    I would say Highschool of the Dead... but that anime broke the suspense of disbelief long before it's ending.

NEEDLESS definitely screwed the pooch halfway, but the ending was essentially one big...
    Anyway, NEEDLESS anime's ending was just awful. I... liked the first couple of episodes, struggled through those 10 episodes that took place in the same room, waiting for an epic conclusion... and I got to see the heroes fight a Super Saiyan and run into the sunset.
    While the anime did a few things well, it mostly doesn't do the manga justice. This is particularly true of that rushed ending, whereas the manga is several story arcs ahead of that. They just had to pull that out of their ass in order to make up an ending for the anime.

Now that the waves have settled somewhat on Negima's bewildering rushed conclusion, Akamatsu's statements have pretty much allluded to him needing a break and perhaps returning to look at unfinished/unexplored ideas in some form or fashion later on. He even said the alternate timeline thing sort of played with at the end means he could continue from one timeline without conflicting with the 'conclusion' of another.

I only wish I could hold out that sort of hope for School Rumble. Oh my god that one burns me. One of the penultimate examples of stuff left to do, new plot developments and ideas explicitly unfolding...and then author gets tired of it and ends with a pie in the face gag.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Negima's ending is probably the worst I've read, just because it was such a blatant rush job that it came across as insulting, what could have been complete and deep story arcs were in some cases wrapped up with a line of dialogue (princess of Venus the fuck?!). Probably what was the worst part for me was that for a time it really ranked up their with my favorite manga.

Not nearly as egregious but still pretty bad was Eyeshield 21, the last arc was completely unnecessary why they felt the need to go past the Christmas bowl (which was the entire point of the manga up until then) was baffling to me.
    Liked Deadpool before it was cool...

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    I only wish I could hold out that sort of hope for School Rumble. Oh my god that one burns me. One of the penultimate examples of stuff left to do, new plot developments and ideas explicitly unfolding...and then author gets tired of it and ends with a pie in the face gag.
    Oh, this one still hurts. Specially because, as you said, there was some new stuff being set up. The status quo was changing and the changes were opening up some damn good possibilities for future stories.

Oh, why is the world cruel :(

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Psyren's ending was very very rushed and reeked of cancellation. But it still managed to tie everything together quite nicely and it felt like it was the intended ending for the series. The only bad was really that the series had gotten pretty damn awesome towards the end there.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Neon Genesis Evangelion depending on who you ask either had an epic ending or was garbage. Either way, it usually garners strong emotions.
    The fun with the original NGE anime is that you have the fans mostly divided into 2 camps that either accept Episode 25+26 as the actual ending, or End Of Evangelion.

I choose to view both as happening at roughly the same time, with much of episode 25/26 happening while Shinji is inside Eva-01 and in contact with Lilith/Rei.

I appreciate the final 2 episodes of the series for giving Shinji (and to a slightly lesser extent, Rei, Misato, and Asuka) closure to their character arcs.

I like End Of Evangelion for being a complete mind screw.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Not nearly as egregious but still pretty bad was Eyeshield 21, the last arc was completely unnecessary why they felt the need to go past the Christmas bowl (which was the entire point of the manga up until then) was baffling to me.
    From what I hear, Jump's new sports series bombed at the time, so the editors kept Eyeshield going, but then rushed it to wrap up when another new sports series came aboard.
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."
    -The Drunkard Kid, on Evangelion

"Holyland".

I really enjoyed the series-- but those last two issues were like WTF? really?!?!? is THAT how you're going to end it? this manga started off good, became awesome-- and ended on what felt like a terribly misguided note. I think I understand what the author was trying to do-- I just don't think that ending was very satisfying.