Default Twitter chat today dec 6th with mike

Today hosted by CBR Mike will be available for questions on twitter...
    December 6th at 4PM PST hash tag #CBRHellboyChat

I recommend using TweetChat. It makes things a lot easier.

If I can spare a moment, I'll be there. Depends if I can take an early lunch break or not.

I'll be there, though chances are not for too long as it starts at midnight for me.

They do seem to like scheduling these things for midnight for you, don't they?

11pm-12am, somewhere around there, yeah. I don't mind it too much (I sleep too much), except they're typically Thursday evenings and I get up earlier on Friday mornings for work ;) I ain't too bothered, though. It's worth it.

My questions and Mikes answers in case anyones curious:

Me: Are those shrip-squid-insect monsters at the beginning of the comic Ogdru Hem? Or just Hell monsters.
    Mignola: they aren't Ogdru Hem they are just the unformed chaos that blows around in the abyss

Me: The city panel on pg15 reminded me of the city in The Witch and her Soul, coincidence or intended nod?
    Mignola: those Screw On Head related stories very much inspired the look of parts of my hell

Me: With Hell, does a heaven exist in Hellboys world? Or is 'hell' more of an underworld for all dead souls?
    Mignola: I think there's a heaven up there somewhere but don't expect to see it in the comic...I wouldn't know how to draw it

Me: Do you plan on showing us Ed Grey with his mask off at anypoint? The fact that he still has a body shocked me
    Mignola: wait and see
    Ars longa, vita brevis
    www.mscorley.blogspot.com

I'm not doing a transcript this time. Too tired. Here's the main news:

• The third Witchfinder miniseries is happening. There's a writer. There's an artist. It's happening.
    • The upcoming undisclosed project with Max and Sebastian Fiumara will be more than one story. They are both working on separate miniseries for the series.
    • Mike Mignola would like to do an omnibus for the B.P.R.D. 1940s stories, but he doesn't know how long the series is going to go for yet. Scott Allie said there were no plans for one at the moment. Don't expect it for a very long time.
    • On whether Alice could appear in B.P.R.D. in the future Mike Mignola cryptically left it at, "It's possible..."
    • Mike Mignola is nearly finished with Hellboy in Hell #4.
    • How many more trades of Hellboy will there be? Answer: MANY.
    • There are no immediate plans for another Richard Corben Hellboy tale, but they want to do more.
    • The stories from The Amazing Screw-On Head and Other Curious Objects very much inspired the look of parts of Mike's take on Hell.

Most impressively, we got through an entire chat without anyone asking about Hellboy 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    Most impressively, we got through an entire chat without anyone asking about Hellboy 3.
    I knew something was missing!
    Ars longa, vita brevis
    www.mscorley.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by noble_enough View Post
    Me: Do you plan on showing us Ed Grey with his mask off at anypoint? The fact that he still has a body shocked me
    Mignola: wait and see
    Ah, I can't wait! But we won't see Edward grey again until issue 4.

Sorry that I missed out on this discussion! Sounds like some great questions got asked though. I especially liked the response about the various squid/bug creatures being "unformed chaos". To interpret the creepy crawlies of most people's nightmares this way is very apt. But Hellboy's fought bigger and badder, so I'd imagine 'his' version of Hell might be something he could barely comprehend, something even beyond Lovecraftian. But how to even interpret that? Mike's version of this nameless incomprehensible chaos is good enough for me, as I was sufficiently creeped out.