Default Amazing Spider-Man 699 Question (Spoilers)

Can Ock in Peter's body still mind control the octobot? and why or why not?

I think the control mechanism for the gold octobot is connected to one of the devices inside of Doc Ock's head. So, no, I don't think he could.

Seriously, as much thought as people put into this, I think it's simple why Slott had Ock over-look this: he's a dying man, who had very little time to live. Sometimes, you have to cut corners. Ock probably thought that by the time Peter centered himself around the situation, he would either be dead or too weak to do anything. He figured he would take the chance to jump ship and deal with Peter if he had to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirspidermonkey View Post
    Can Ock in Peter's body still mind control the octobot? and why or why not?
    Probably not. He didn't even consider that Peter could figure out the trick and try to get his body back, so he thought had no reason to use octobots anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Randumbz View Post
    Probably not. He didn't even consider that Peter could figure out the trick and try to get his body back, so he thought had no reason to use octobots anymore
    If they share memories, why would he need to figure anythign out. He would already know the trick and how it was done.

Quote Originally Posted by ower View Post
    If they share memories, why would he need to figure anythign out. He would already know the trick and how it was done.
    Doc ock said to Peter "you'll die without ever figuring out how i pulled off my greatest trick", which means that he didn't expect Peter to access his memories and realize how doc ock did it

Quote Originally Posted by Randumbz View Post
    Doc ock said to Peter "you'll die without ever figuring out how i pulled off my greatest trick", which means that he didn't expect Peter to access his memories and realize how doc ock did it
    Thats the part im havin trouble accepting. If Ock is sooo smart and he pre planned all of this out then he would know that Peter would have all his memories, even the memory of how he did it.

So for some reason Peter has all his memories as Peter and the memories of Doc Ock, but Doc only has Peter's memories?

Thats the part im havin trouble accepting. If Ock is sooo smart and he pre planned all of this out then he would know that Peter would have all his memories, even the memory of how he did it.
    He was counting on Peter not living long enough to access those memories.

Screw the rules I have $$ Seto Kaiba's Avatar

So for some reason Peter has all his memories as Peter and the memories of Doc Ock, but Doc only has Peter's memories?
    I still say that Doc planned for that...that this is bigger than just swapping minds with Peter.