Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

I wasn't going to reply, because I don't want to encourage it, but I have to question if you've even read a single word of the interviews and what the book is about. Going by that (barely legible) lengthy and laughable post, you haven't got a clue, and that's a shame.

Oh well, no loss. Onwards and upwards.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Stature[/B]- Ok she died but cudnt she b replaced by Miss America instead or sum lady from AA.
    [B]
    I would have gone with Spider-Girl.

She's likable.

Poor Anya. She keeps getting put in really not-so-great solos and teams, but someone back there likes her. She could be good, but they keep making missteps. She'd be an interesting it for the Young Avengers. Unlike them, she's been recently orphaned.
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Majin Gojira View Post
    Poor Anya. She keeps getting put in really not-so-great solos and teams, but someone back there likes her. She could be good, but they keep making missteps. She'd be an interesting it for the Young Avengers. Unlike them, she's been recently orphaned.
    Hulkling is orphaned too.

Also, she would fit the Spider-Man role.

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    LOL! If Cassie makes it into the films, I will be very happy for you.
    The only reason Cassie has the highest chance of appearing in a movie is because her story is relatively simple and her rights aren't all tied up in crazy legal work. That's probably why she was the first Young Avenger to get an Ultimate counterpart.

1: Billy's story is... crazy. Yes, crazy. And Scarlet Witch has some crazy legal work where technically she could appear in the Fox movies (since she is a mutant and Magneto's daughter) but also in Avengers (because she is a long standing Avenger but she couldn't be a mutant or Magneto's daughter).

2: The above also explains Tommy's situation.

3: Somewhat similar to Billy, the Skrull are also tied up in complicated legal work. Technically they would be tied to the Fantastic Four license but they are long standing Avengers villains as well. (And does anyone know what the status of the Kree are?) So Teddy could be problematic.

4: Vision's story is... complicated.

5: Eli might be possible. A little retconning of the super soldier program.

6: Kate would also be an easy contender since she's basically an Avengers fangirl who wants to move into that world. But she has no real personal stake in that world. She'd be easy enough to add, though.

7: Cassie is Ant-Man's daughter. It isn't complicated. Doesn't involve any retconning. And she has personal stakes in that world.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Pretty much.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Billy & Teddy would just need a new origin, like the ones they faked originally or some such thing. They're sort of a shoe in because, let's be honest, they're the most popular characters in Young Avengers.

Others are pretty spot on.
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

BANNED

Billy & Teddy would just need a new origin, like the ones they faked originally or some such thing. They're sort of a shoe in because, let's be honest, they're the most popular characters in Young Avengers.

Would you want origin tampering though? *Shrug*

If they start trying for Young Avengers, I wouldn't be surprised if they grabbed other teen characters for spots on the roster who aren't part of the YA team.

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Teddy can just be of vague alien origins. It isn't THAT complicated to change. (Also, Teddy's faked origin was he was a mutant. So that's right out.)

Billy is a bit more problematic because he is a total momma's boy. (And yes, I know Cassie is a total daddy's girl. But as discussed previously, Cassie's story is not complicated and her dad is not tangled up in crazy legal issues.)
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Teddy can just be of vague alien origins. It isn't THAT complicated to change. (Also, Teddy's faked origin was he was a mutant. So that's right out.)

Billy is a bit more problematic because he is a total momma's boy. (And yes, I know Cassie is a total daddy's girl. But as discussed previously, Cassie's story is not complicated and her dad is not tangled up in crazy legal issues.)
    Yeah, you can't re-work Wiccan in and not focus on Wanda, and you can't do Wanda without Daddy Magneto.

Not really a problem. The comic reading audience is too tiny to get good return on blockbuster films. Sure they are popular amongst comic fans but that does not really matter for the movies.

Still Eli, Kate and Cassie are the easiest to roll over. After that it depends. Arana and Cho could work. Runaways and Avengers Academy characters can be poached. Skaar or Lyra perhaps. White Tiger, Thunderstrike and Powerman are possible. Victor Mancha especially since Ant-man movie should get us Ultron. Initiative options abound.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Not really a problem. The comic reading audience is too tiny to get good return on blockbuster films. Sure they are popular amongst comic fans but that does not really matter for the movies.

Still Eli, Kate and Cassie are the easiest to roll over. After that it depends. Arana and Cho could work. Runaways and Avengers Academy characters can be poached. Skaar or Lyra perhaps. White Tiger, Thunderstrike and Powerman are possible. Victor Mancha especially since Ant-man movie should get us Ultron. Initiative options abound.
    Arana could be own by Sony.

Runaways should be it's own thing, but I don't see the problem of putting some Academy kids to the YA.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Arana could be own by Sony.

Runaways should be it's own thing, but I don't see the problem of putting some Academy kids to the YA.
    Arana is tricky.

Still plenty of options but if u want direct parallels that is going to be hard. Oh also cosmic options Darkhawk, Cammi, and Noh Varr

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Arana is tricky.

Still plenty of options but if u want direct parallels that is going to be hard. Oh also cosmic options Darkhawk, Cammi, and Noh Varr
    You can't do Arana without people asking "Why isn't Spider-Man there?!"

Yeah still right now I have got Cassie, Eli,and Kate. Lyra or Skaar because of Hulk. Thunderstrike because of Thor. Cho can be your Iron Man. Victor Mancha if we get Ultron. Powerman if we get Danny and Cage. Those seem the most obvious for direct analogues.