Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    anyways...
    I wonder if at any point the YA gang will face off against a similar-in-age collection of young villains.
    Who is left of the teen villain sect? And which ones might comprise a good new iteration of the Young Masters of Evil? (although 'Bastards of Evil' from that other book was a far superior team name)
    • I suppose it's possible Executioner could have survived the punishment leveled at him by Doom at the end of Vengeance.
    • Big Zero, Melter Jr., Egghead 2, and Coat of Arms are still around.
    • no Hellfire brats please...
    • Radioactive Kid was kind of fun
    • Nekra and Grim Reaper's daughter might have potential..
    • Kraven the Hunter's daughter might make a good addition.

who else?
    Scarlet Spider introduced a sort of evil Molly Hayes (with more speed than durability) called Flower as part of the Assassins guild.

There's also Vali Halfling and Kimura to consider. Most of the others are already mentioned or dead.

Like that's a big problem for villains.

How old is Sasha Hammer by the way? I don't read Iron Man, but she certainly could fit in if she's young enough (very early 20s)
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

BANNED

anyways...
    I wonder if at any point the YA gang will face off against a similar-in-age collection of young villains.
    Who is left of the teen villain sect? And which ones might comprise a good new iteration of the Young Masters of Evil? (although 'Bastards of Evil' from that other book was a far superior team name)
    • I suppose it's possible Executioner could have survived the punishment leveled at him by Doom at the end of Vengeance.

who else?
    Fake Teen Enchantress

Quote Originally Posted by Majin Gojira View Post
    Scarlet Spider introduced a sort of evil Molly Hayes (with more speed than durability) called Flower as part of the Assassins guild.
    There's also Vali Halfling and Kimura to consider. Most of the others are already mentioned or dead.
    Like that's a big problem for villains.
    How old is Sasha Hammer by the way? I don't read Iron Man, but she certainly could fit in if she's young enough (very early 20s)
    I don't know Sasha's age. Casey's Zodiac character never really took off - if he's not around, perhaps young Miss Hammer could act as the Young Masters' financial benefactor..

Quote Originally Posted by Valeria Kementari View Post
    Fake Teen Enchantress
    the one with the lisp?
    oh yes, her too.
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post

The only difference is MINE IS CANNON! (look at how her fat thighs has burst her costume fabric apart...)

It was a guess...foo.
    *waves fist*

anyways...

who else?
    LOVE Coat of Arms, I liked Radioactive Kid, and Gillen is waaaaaay to good a writer to every use the Hellfire Brats. He knows a dud when he sees one. I think the new Zodiac was a kid, right?
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Iron Lad
    Resurrected evil Stature/Stinger
    Kristof Vernard
    Scorpion II (Carmilla Black)
    Falcon the female one from that Young Avengers oneshot
    Excavator, Piledriver's son
    Ultimate Nullifier
    Oubliette Midas

the one with the lisp?
    oh yes, her too.
    I thought all the Young Masters (Big Zero, Coat of Arms, Enchantress, Melter, Egghead, Executioner) were already accounted for. Might as well repeat the ones already mentioned in teams.

The second Young Masters included Radioactive Kid, a new Black Knight, and Mako (decapitated by Bullseye II if I recall).

Brushing off some dead Lyra She-hulk foes, there's Aberation, Morass and Axxon, but they're all pretty dead. Only Morass might be easily revivable, but the processes that made them still exist.

Among the Bastards of Evil, there's: The Superior (who made and brainwashed the lot), Ember, Mortar, Aftershock and Warhead (who blew himself up on Ground Zero).

Zero of Hopes Lights is great villain material, so he could come back easily too.

There's also Sunstreak from the Initiative, who joined up with Norman Osborn's side easily.

Obliette (from Marvel Boy's mini) could be a fun anti-villain.

Finally, there's Alpha. Guy has villain material throughout his bones.

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter F. View Post
    Kristof Vernard
    He loses some sting without Cassie around -- or perhaps that is why he has a sting.

Once they iron out who she's really working for, I think she makes a good "sorry, actually a mole for the heroes" type villain. Aside from her Spider-Man appearance in Grim Hunt (which was utter crap), that's what she's basically done.

That's really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Ultimate Nullifier
    I don't see him doing a heel turn that readily.

Oubliette Midas
    Damn my spelling!

Quote Originally Posted by Majin Gojira View Post
    He loses some sting without Cassie around -- or perhaps that is why he has a sting.
    I can see him choosing to blame the Young Avengers for Cassie's death instead of blaming Doom

Once they iron out who she's really working for, I think she makes a good "sorry, actually a mole for the heroes" type villain. Aside from her Spider-Man appearance in Grim Hunt (which was utter crap), that's what she's basically done.
    I just want her to show up again. I think McKelvie could make her Grim Hunt costume look good.

That's really scraping the bottom of the barrel.
    And those Savage She-Hulk villains aren't? At least Excavator has a connection to Asgardian magic. Enchantress, Stonewall and Troll would be good too.

I don't see him doing a heel turn that readily.
    But he was so terrible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    The only difference is MINE IS CANNON! (look at how her fat thighs has burst her costume fabric apart...)
    That might be true, buuuuut, Cassie has a higher chance of appearing in the movies!

Point, Cassie!

Iron Lad
    Resurrected evil Stature/Stinger
    Kristof Vernard
    Falcon the female one from that Young Avengers oneshot
    Ultimate Nullifier
    Oubliette Midas
    a thousand times yes on that last one.
    Oubliette is where it's at - the fact that she hasn't been seen nor heard from since the original MB mini is a flat out crime!
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

I can see him choosing to blame the Young Avengers for Cassie's death instead of blaming Doom
    IT'S NEVER DOOM'S FAULT!

. . .

RICHAAAAAAAAAARDS!

I just want her to show up again. I think McKelvie could make her Grim Hunt costume look good.
    Agreed on both counts, though I prefer the original costume.

And those Savage She-Hulk villains aren't? At least Excavator has a connection to Asgardian magic. Enchantress, Stonewall and Troll would be good too.
    Point, but at least they were a threat. Excavator's. . . pretty much a joke. Though, that could work to. They think they hire a strong villain, then he gets repeatedly punked by the opposing team's strong guy in the opening bouts.

Resume as such:
    One-hit-KOed by - Molly Hayes, Mettle, Hulkling, Ms. America, Thor Girl, Ultra Girl, Reptil, Darkhawk . . .

But he was so terrible.
    He was definitely executed poorly, but ya need a better reason to turn evil than "I don't like 'em", IMO.

a thousand times yes on that last one.
    Oubliette is where it's at - the fact that she hasn't been seen nor heard from since the original MB mini is a flat out crime!
    She's only had one outside appearnce and was labeled an anarchist. It was in just-post-civil-war Ms. Marvel, during an arc where the Puppetmaster was capturing and controlling superhuman women (including Carol's then-sidekick Anya Corazon, Stature, Tigra and Silverclaw).
    Last edited by Majin Gojira; 12-08-2012 at 10:27 AM.

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

That might be true, buuuuut, Cassie has a higher chance of appearing in the movies!
    Point, Cassie!
    LOL! If Cassie makes it into the films, I will be very happy for you.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    LOL! If Cassie makes it into the films, I will be very happy for you.
    Well I think you're...wait, what?

...um...wow, thank you. Urg to hate Wiccan, lowering...

Also, Kate wasn't annoying in Hawkeye 5. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    While I'm quite happy for you to be choosing whatever titles you like to follow or not, I do have to question how you think that the team is any less diverse than it was previously.

Taken out:

Vision/ironlad(sentient robot)- Out

Patriot(black guy)- Out

Cassie(Caucasian Girl)- Out/Dead

Speed(Caucasain guy)- Out

Replaced by:

Kid Loki(Caucasian male), Novarrh(another Caucasian male) & Miss America(Latino female)

Left on YA team:

Hulkling(Caucasian Kree/Skrull gay male), Wiccan(Caucasian magic using gay male), Hawkeye(Caucasian female)

So dat mks a total of 4 Caucasian males amongst which der is 1 gay couple, 2 females amongst which 1 is Latino...TOTAL- 6

Previous team mk-up: 4 males(2 Caucasian, 1 Black, 1 Caucasian Kree-Skrull & a gay couple), 2 Caucasian females & 1 Robot...TOTAL - 7

BASICALLY

Kid Loki
    is redundant with Wiccan on d team...just 2 Caucasian males specilising in magic on d same team with d ONLY different being sexual orientation.

Miss American
    replaces Patriot- Racial tokenism or non-whites r interchangable......really?

Stature
    - Ok she died but cudnt she b replaced by Miss America instead or sum lady from AA.

Nova
    - ANOTHER Caucasian male xcter(cosmic or not Ironlad cud easily do d same) who replaces Ironlad/Vision....which is absolutely terrible bcuz YA wud hv bn d ONLY team with a robot in d cast.

Y isnt AMADEUS CHO on dis team? He wud hv bn a perfect replacemnt 4 Speed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post

Taken out:

Vision/ironlad(sentient robot)- Out

Patriot(black guy)- Out

Cassie(Caucasian Girl)- Out/Dead

Speed(Caucasain guy)- Out

Replaced by:

Kid Loki(Caucasian male), Novarrh(another Caucasian male) & Miss America(Latino female)

Left on YA team:

Hulkling(Caucasian Kree/Skrull gay male), Wiccan(Caucasian magic using gay male), Hawkeye(Caucasian female)

So dat mks a total of 4 Caucasian males amongst which der is 1 gay couple, 2 females amongst which 1 is Latino...TOTAL- 6

Previous team mk-up: 4 males(2 Caucasian, 1 Black, 1 Caucasian Kree-Skrull & a gay couple), 2 Caucasian females & 1 Robot...TOTAL - 7

BASICALLY

Kid Loki
    is redundant with Wiccan on d team...just 2 Caucasian males specilising in magic on d same team with d ONLY different being sexual orientation.

Miss American
    replaces Patriot- Racial tokenism or non-whites r interchangable......really?

Stature
    - Ok she died but cudnt she b replaced by Miss America instead or sum lady from AA.

Nova
    - ANOTHER Caucasian male xcter(cosmic or not Ironlad cud easily do d same) who replaces Ironlad/Vision....which is absolutely terrible bcuz YA wud hv bn d ONLY team with a robot in d cast.

Y isnt AMADEUS CHO on dis team? He wud hv bn a perfect replacemnt 4 Speed.
    if you really believe the only difference between Loki and Wiccan is their sexuality then you really should learn how to read comic books.