Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Makes sense to me. Supes was soaking up Yellow Sun power for years before they showed up and had his powers for longer, so it makes sense he would be stronger then them individually.
    I think this is common sense, but there is another factor.

On Krypton, Zod and his goons were strong by Krypton standards. (Especially Nom)

While Super Man would have been like anyone else. On said planet.

That is the balance factor. I guess.

They are only impressive if you spot them Supreman's feats from the other movies, based on the feats they actually showed, I personally view their fight as Superman being written down.

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    Difficult to call as Zod doesn't have many feats outside of going up against the Reeve Superman. Then you get a whole can of worms about whether all movie Kryptonians are equal.

If they are, Zod, if not, Thor.
    Generally if a persons only feats consist of fighting another person with powers we tend to grant them powers on the same level. By that I mean, if a random dude shows up and throws down with Superman..we assume he's most likely at least on the same power level.

To keep it simple: The dude is a Kryptonian and these guys aren't like Saiyans in that they have varying power levels. They are all more or less the same. The difference in strength between Zod and Supes is probably equivalent to the difference in strength between a normal human the size of Supes compared to a normal human the size and build of Zod. Unless someone has a good explanation as to why he's weaker in 2. It's not like the movies following 2 took place many decades later when Supes had been given time to soak up more yellow sun rays. It's also not like we even know prolonged exposure to sun makes this version of Supes powerful. Or maybe Supes just held back whilst fighting Zod and is a douche like that, which is possible given he gave up his powers for sex.

Of course either way it's a stomp in one direction or the other.
    Last edited by Surtur; 12-07-2012 at 11:59 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

IMO, The same way comic Superman goes from benchpressing the Earth for 5 days to having trouble with his rogues gallery. IE, PIS.

The thread starter could always clarify whether he wanted us to grant them Superman's feats from the other movies or just use the feats from their movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake-eyes View Post
    They are only impressive if you spot them Supreman's feats from the other movies, based on the feats they actually showed, I personally view their fight as Superman being written down.
    We could always use Lex-Zod.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOS2JsgXGfc
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

IMO, The same way comic Superman goes from benchpressing the Earth for 5 days to having trouble with his rogues gallery. IE, PIS.

The thread starter could always clarify whether he wanted us to grant them Superman's feats from the other movies or just use the feats from their movie.
    But most of his Rogues Gallery doesn't consist of people from the same race with the same exact power set. We know Superman didn't suffer through a significant upgrade or downgrade(plot-wise).

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    We could always use Lex-Zod.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOS2JsgXGfc
    Honestly no..at least movie Zod and Supes never appeared to be embraced in some kind of epic hug whilst flying and fighting. Smallville Clark and Lex look like they are about 3 seconds away from making out. If people are wondering what I mean skip to about the 50 second mark..
    Last edited by Surtur; 12-07-2012 at 12:30 PM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    But most of his Rogues Gallery doesn't consist of people from the same race with the same exact power set. We know Superman didn't suffer through a significant upgrade or downgrade(plot-wise).

We also know that their feats both inside and outside fighting Superman aren't anywhere near the feats that Superman has from other movies, hence my opinion about him being written down during that movie...which is why I label it PIS. not that my opinion really matters, seeing as I'm not a mod or the OP.

Let's put it this way, using only Superman 2 feats for all characters, where would you place their strength/speed/durability?

We also know that their feats both inside and outside fighting Superman aren't anywhere near the feats that Superman has from other movies, hence my opinion about him being written down during that movie...which is why I label it PIS. not that my opinion really matters, seeing as I'm not a mod or the OP.

Let's put it this way, using only Superman 2 feats for all characters, where would you place their strength/speed/durability?
    I'd put them at below movie Thor. But we know when it comes to Superman movies 1-4 it is the same Superman in every single one. We know he didn't receive a power down in the 2nd movie nor did he receive an upgrade in the movies that followed.

If they weren't of the same exact race or if Kryptonians had widely varying power levels I might agree with you, but they were clearly meant to be on/around the same level as movie Superman. Not to mention the only truly "weak" things I remember are things like the bus throwing stopping Superman for way longer then it should of. I guess you could toss in the electricity. They still took hits from Supes and such things.
    Last edited by Surtur; 12-07-2012 at 01:03 PM.

I'd put them at below movie Thor. But then we're getting into things like Superman 2 as a movie existing in some sort of pocket reality where all the Kryptonians must of been chugging kryptonite cocktails as the only explanation for being weaker. We know when it comes to Superman movies 1-4 it is the same Superman in every single one. We know he didn't receive a power down in the 2nd movie nor did he receive an upgrade in the movies that followed.
    That's my point though, their feats are so low in comparison that to me it's a matter of Superman being written down, hence my PIS label.

That's my point though, their feats are so low in comparison that to me it's a matter of Superman being written down, hence my PIS label.
    But what specific parts are written down? The dudes strength really didn't seem to be massively lower. The thrown bus pinned him longer then it should of, but he didn't seem to have trouble tossing it away. They seemed to be clocking each other around the city just fine.

We're basically saying that Superman circa Superman 2 is essentially a different character then the one we see in movies 1,3 , and 4..at least when it comes to rumbles. This is the first time I've ever seen something like that mentioned. That is basically what would need to happen for us to ignore the feats from other movies(barring actual in movie explanations for the power seep and creep)
    Last edited by Surtur; 12-07-2012 at 01:13 PM.

But what specific parts are written down? The dudes strength really didn't seem to be massively lower. The thrown bus pinned him longer then it should of, but he didn't seem to have trouble tossing it away. They seemed to be clocking each other around the city just fine.

We're essentially saying that Superman circa Superman 2 is essentially a different character then the one we see in movies 1,3 , and 4..at least when it comes to rumbles.
    I'm not trying to change how other people view him, I was explaining why I think Superman was being written down in the movie.

I'm not trying to change how other people view him, I was explaining why I think Superman was being written down in the movie.
    Ok, I get what you are saying and part of me does agree to an extent. Here is my question though, how powerful is Superman if we just use feats from the first two movies? I could agree more with ignoring movies that happened after the 2nd when I guess he could of gotten stronger, but the movies from the first film should still be fair game. Though as I recall his more impressive stuff came later on(I think).

Ok, I get what you are saying and part of me does agree to an extent. Here is my question though, how powerful is Superman if we just use feats from the first two movies? I could agree more with ignoring movies that happened after the 2nd when I guess he could of gotten stronger, but the movies from the first film should still be fair game. Though as I recall his more impressive stuff came later on(I think).
    I'd have to go back and watch the movies again, but didn't the first movie have him use his HV to fix the Great Wall and fly fast enough to turn back time. I could swear that there was also a fairly good strength feat in part I, but I can't seem to recall what it was.
    Last edited by Snake-eyes; 12-07-2012 at 01:35 PM.

I'd have to go back and watch the movies again, but didn't the first movie have him use his HV to fix the Great Wall and fly fast enough to turn back time. I could swear that there was also a fairly good strength feat in part I, but I can't seem to recall what it was.
    The Great Wall thing was in the fourth movie. :Shudders in memory of that movie.:

But yeah in part 1 he does the time travel thing. And well was dealing with tectonic plates as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chou Blaster View Post
    The Great Wall thing was in the fourth movie. :Shudders in memory of that movie.:

But yeah in part 1 he does the time travel thing. And well was dealing with tectonic plates as well.
    This is why I need to watch them again, I seem to be getting some of the feats confused. as I thought the tectonic plates happened in part IV.

But yea, with things like turning back time and the tectonic plates happening in the first movie, I was exicted to see what would happed in part two, yet after the movie I was left thinking..."why is Superman so weak in this movie"?