Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Movie General Zod vs Movie Thor

Who wins?

Will Thor kneel before Zod?
    THE SUB-MARINER 4EVER!!!
    DEATH TO NAMOR!!!

Senior Member greatmetropolitan's Avatar

Difficult to call as Zod doesn't have many feats outside of going up against the Reeve Superman. Then you get a whole can of worms about whether all movie Kryptonians are equal.

If they are, Zod, if not, Thor.
    Buy or download my first self published comic, Taking Flight!
    Available at www.laseragecomics.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by paki View Post
    Who wins?

Will Thor kneel before Zod?
    Movie Zod is faster, stonger, more powerful, and more far more durable than movie Thor. This isn't a contest, it's a slaughter. Thor will kneel before Zod.

The Exterminator The last dalek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Movie Zod is faster, stonger, more powerful, and more far more durable than movie Thor. This isn't a contest, it's a slaughter. Thor will kneel before Zod.
    The problem is Zod dosnt have alot of feats to show off his abilitys. Realy all we have to go on is that he's a kryptonion but even then he seemed way less powerful than Superman. Hell Supes was able to get better of all three of team Zod in there final confrontation and they were forced to resort to taking a hostage.

Now even with that taken into acount Zod should still be a fair bit above Thor via power scaling but he dosnt have the feats to prove it. So I dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by The last dalek View Post
    The problem is Zod dosnt have alot of feats to show off his abilitys. Realy all we have to go on is that he's a kryptonion but even then he seemed way less powerful than Superman. Hell Supes was able to get better of all three of team Zod in there final confrontation and they were forced to resort to taking a hostage.

Now even with that taken into acount Zod should still be a fair bit above Thor via power scaling but he dosnt have the feats to prove it. So I dont know.
    Actually, Zod has tons of feats.

For durability: he and the others were completely unaffected by police and military firepower brought to bear on them. This includes rockets from gunships and bazookas, as well as flamethrowers. For everything the humans threw at the Krytonians, the most they got was a simple lift of the eyebrows in a “Are you trying to hurt me?” dismissal of their impotence. Oh, and Zod actually took punches from a guy who can punt one of his followers across the city and pull California back together before it falls into the ocean and got up again for more. This is far beyond movie Thor’s durability.

For power: Zod’s heat vision blew up multiple cars effortlessly. Also, he and the others casually created a hurricane in New York city to show the humans they had no chance at all against them. Oh, and there is the defacing Mount Rushmore in mere seconds by heat vision to show their faces instead of the past Presidents.

For flying: Zod, Ursa, and Non flew across the country at speeds similarly shown by Superman in the first movie when he chased the missiles. This is far faster than movie Thor can fly.

For strength: Zod and the others bust effortlessly through walls and ceilings as if they aren’t there, and each traded punches with Superman (whom is massively stronger than movie Thor). While it was shown the Superman is stronger than any of the individual Krytonians, the New York City fight still demonstrated that they were in Superman’s class. Movie Thor is not in this class.

Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

I'm pretty comfortable equating Zod's stats with Superman's, at least in the context of that particular movie. Their powersets are so pointedly identical that it would be weird not to. I probably wouldn't use feats from any of the other Superman movies though.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

For durability: he and the others were completely unaffected by police and military firepower brought to bear on them. This includes rockets from gunships and bazookas, as well as flamethrowers. For everything the humans threw at the Krytonians, the most they got was a simple lift of the eyebrows in a “Are you trying to hurt me?” dismissal of their impotence. Oh, and Zod actually took punches from a guy who can punt one of his followers across the city and pull California back together before it falls into the ocean and got up again for more. This is far beyond movie Thor’s durability.

For power: Zod’s heat vision blew up multiple cars effortlessly. Also, he and the others casually created a hurricane in New York city to show the humans they had no chance at all against them. Oh, and there is the defacing Mount Rushmore in mere seconds by heat vision to show their faces instead of the past Presidents.

For flying: Zod, Ursa, and Non flew across the country at speeds similarly shown by Superman in the first movie when he chased the missiles. This is far faster than movie Thor can fly.

For strength: Zod and the others bust effortlessly through walls and ceilings as if they aren’t there, and each traded punches with Superman (whom is massively stronger than movie Thor). While it was shown the Superman is stronger than any of the individual Krytonians, the New York City fight still demonstrated that they were in Superman’s class. Movie Thor is not in this class.
    He's also apparently telekinetic, for no explainable reason.
    My mom gave my computer cancer.

New York City?, Dont you mean Metropolis?
    I dont think their is a 'New York City' in the DC Universe
    THE SUB-MARINER 4EVER!!!
    DEATH TO NAMOR!!!

Veteran Member

This is what we were mentioning earlier, though. While Superman has ridiculous feats in 1 and 4, he doesn't in 2 to the same degree, and that happened to be the movie in which he fought Zod, etc. (in which he was shown to be still more powerful). In the downtown fight, they were straining to pick up vehicles and such as opposed as to how effortless it would be for someone who can push the moon.

Now we know that part of that is effects, etc. But, still, you have to make a decision on whether to "spot" them Superman 1/4s feats, or only compare them to the feats shown in Superman 2, which drops them a WHOLE lot.

The Exterminator The last dalek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I'm pretty comfortable equating Zod's stats with Superman's, at least in the context of that particular movie. Their powersets are so pointedly identical that it would be weird not to. I probably wouldn't use feats from any of the other Superman movies though.
    While Zod was impresive he seemd to be below Supes. After all big blue over powerd all three of them at once in that wered hand laser duel and Nom (the bigest strongest of the three) was described as being even with Superman in turms of strength and even then Supes got the better of him in a physical fight.

Im not saying Zod isnt above movie Thor but he was certainly below Reeves Superman
    Last edited by The last dalek; 12-07-2012 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paki View Post
    New York City?, Dont you mean Metropolis?
    I dont think their is a 'New York City' in the DC Universe
    Do they actaully call it metropolis in the movies? In any case its pretty obviously New York City.
    Also there is a NYC in the DC universe. The Justice Society, Powergirl and Wonder Woman have all lived there as superheroes.

BANNED

I'd bring up the fact that Superman went down to bolts of electricity, showing a lack of Kryptonian durability against that, but it would only open up the same can of worms it opened last time.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Stewart View Post
    I'd bring up the fact that Superman went down to bolts of electricity, showing a lack of Kryptonian durability against that, but it would only open up the same can of worms it opened last time.
    Don't leave out the part where the mods said it was a low showing and wouldn't count and told you not to bring it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by The last dalek View Post
    While Zod was impresive he seemd to be below Supes. After all big blue over powerd all three of them at once in that wered hand laser duel and Nom (the bigest strongest of the three) was described as being even with Superman in turms of strength and even then Supes got the better of him in a physical fight.

Im not saying Zod isnt above movie Thor but he was certainly below Reeves Superman
    Makes sense to me. Supes was soaking up Yellow Sun power for years before they showed up and had his powers for longer, so it makes sense he would be stronger then them individually.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    He's also apparently telekinetic, for no explainable reason.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfcZzDTQoKg
    Really seems to come and go for Kryptonians.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!