Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Cable and X-Force #3

Cable orders the team to attack a civilian company, but with his powers on the fritz will his judgment be brought into question? And see where the mighty Colossus has been since the end of Avengers vs. X-Men!

Full preview here.

Retired

Forge: Maker, crotch gazer.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

I didn't think I cared that much about Forge, but I'm actually kind of excited to see him back, after seeing him here in the preview. How long has he been dead?

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post

Forge: Maker, crotch gazer.
    that made me spit my drink. lol.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn View Post
    I didn't think I cared that much about Forge, but I'm actually kind of excited to see him back, after seeing him here in the preview. How long has he been dead?
    He's been "dead" since Ghost Box. The arc that Warren Ellis did on Astonishing. He went crazy and blew himself up basically.

So the Avengers are gonna try and turn Hope against Cable?

BANNED

Rogue looks more like Paula Deen than ever.

And wtf, why is Hope still running around in rags? It was stupid in AvX and it's even more stupid given Marvel NOW! and all the other redesigns.

Is Cable's mutation powers that never work right?

Quote Originally Posted by CongoJack View Post
    So the Avengers are gonna try and turn Hope against Cable?
    They can try. I wonder who the tubby guy (or gal) talking to Forge is? And why does Salva draw Logan at a normal height? He should be shorter than Rogue, the little ferret.

Quote Originally Posted by CongoJack View Post
    Is Cable's mutation powers that never work right?
    Apparently. I'm kind of liking several of the main X-characters with their powers on the fritz, though. Makes them more unstable and tragic. Less like superheroes and more like freaks, who can be unpredictable and dangerous. Which I always kind of thought was the point. If their superpowers work just like Ms. Marvel or Nova's, then what's to be afraid of?

In the case of Cable, I'm glad he's got powers but they aren't going to be uber-powerful without the T-O virus to keep them in check. That way he'll still have to fight hand-to-hand and with weapons, skills, etc. Good stuff IMO.

Does anyone else think Rogue looks absolutely awful? This was on my pull list but idk if it'll stay because half of the characters just look weird. I switch back and forth so often on whether or not I like Larocca's work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Apparently. I'm kind of liking several of the main X-characters with their powers on the fritz, though. Makes them more unstable and tragic. Less like superheroes and more like freaks, who can be unpredictable and dangerous. Which I always kind of thought was the point. If their superpowers work just like Ms. Marvel or Nova's, then what's to be afraid of?
    As for this there are a lot of reasons people fear mutants but they boil down to 3 main ones.

1: Creationists fear that their claim of being the next step in human evolution disproves their god. (Aka the really stupid group)
    2: Others are afraid that because so many mutants exist with such great power they will decide to act on their genetic mandate to become the rulers of the earth. (the least stupid group as this has been attempted)
    3: They do not live in areas where supers are common such as New York and feed into media hype about the dangers of anyone having power outside a government or military. (the sheeple group)
    Holy crap I waited so long for this and I have no idea what to say

Quote Originally Posted by vmars View Post
    He's been "dead" since Ghost Box. The arc that Warren Ellis did on Astonishing. He went crazy and blew himself up basically.

Lies, That Bitch Storm and her Crazy Scientist Teammate killed him. (jk)
    If Bishop had succeeded, we would've never had AvX. Bishop was right. - Seresecros

Quote Originally Posted by vmars View Post
    Do you know how long it's been since then? I feel like it's been several years, but I really can't remember...

J Ultra: Provocateur storyofaboy's Avatar

Poor Forge, having someone stick their FUPA right in his face...

If someone underestimates this book, then he/she shouldn't complain about ANXM. It's my favorite! End of story..
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

I wonder if Hopeless will write Hope like he did Teen Jean in Season One?That way I will find her tolarable.
    Art looks sick except Rogue looks off.