View Poll Results: Disappointed or not

Voters
245. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Very Disappointed

14 5.71%
  • Disappointed

19 7.76%
  • Neutral

24 9.80%
  • It was ok

59 24.08%
  • It was all I wanted and more!

129 52.65%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    But he bombed 2 cities.
    Given that those bombs accelerated evolution in those cities, it's debatable about what actually happened to those 2 million lives. (there do seem to be plant things that look humanoid in that one panel)

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

I'll be honest, I was surprised golden Satan didn't kill BW and Hawkeye with that blast.

(So he's below Dr. Doom tier)
    He was obviously holding back. If he didn't want the Avengers for something, he wouldn't have left them alive after the first issue. He threw Cap back as a message to the Earth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    He threw Cap back as a message to the Earth.
    "keep your trash in your own atmosphere"

Dis thread is worthless @ least after d 1st 3-6 issues. Hek, d 1st arc is finishes in just 2 mo issues.

"Judging d egg b4 it hatches".

Though we must say UA was quite disappointing compared 2 JH's A & cant wait 4 JH's NA.

But he bombed 2 cities.
    Bio-"bombs" dat sped-up evolution of living organisms not destroying life like wat d US did 2 Nagasaki/Hiroshima Japan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Given that those bombs accelerated evolution in those cities, it's debatable about what actually happened to those 2 million lives. (there do seem to be plant things that look humanoid in that one panel)
    I really wished they expanded upon that. Because that seems like a big detail they skimmed over.

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atom_basher View Post
    likw i said in the review thread, i read it, 6 times, i read it at work, then instantly started it over again. I need more.
    I don't even put the book away. I just pop it open whenever I have free time. Must've read it in full like a dozen times, and skipped through it like a hundred.
    Bad news everyone...

I bought the first issue and was totally disappointed. I won't be back.

I really wished they expanded upon that. Because that seems like a big detail they skimmed over.
    Avengers #10 takes place in Saskatchewan (and believe me, I know Saskatchewan when I see it =P), and it's been said that we've haven't seen the last of Regina and Perth. I don't think this is something Hickman's going to ignore for the rest of his run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Avengers #10 takes place in Saskatchewan (and believe me, I know Saskatchewan when I see it =P), and it's been said that we've haven't seen the last of Regina and Perth. I don't think this is something Hickman's going to ignore for the rest of his run.
    Still, I really thought they rushed getting to Mars, and it made me uncaring for what happened. I think if the book had few more pages, then it would have been a solid issue.

Still, I really thought they rushed getting to Mars, and it made me uncaring for what happened. I think if the book had few more pages, then it would have been a solid issue.
    I actually agree with you, but as it is, there are already people complaining about not enough happening and the issue going by too quickly.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin King View Post
    I actually agree with you, but as it is, there are already people complaining about not enough happening and the issue going by too quickly.
    Except that explaining the bombs more would be something happening.

A few extra pages. All this issue needed.

In retrospect, I think it's unwise to judge a comic written for the trade with one issue. I hate that style of writing, but it's par for the course nowadays. It's a clever way to get you to pay 20 bucks for the same amount of story that probably could have fit into one or two comics in the 70's or 80's.
    "I was handed a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler."--Jack "King" Kirby

I still cannot figure out if I liked this issue or not
    Hawkeye, X-Men Legacy, FF, Animal Man, Wonder Woman, Manhattan Projects, Fatale, East of West, Bedlam, Saga, Bandette, Nowhere Men

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    I still cannot figure out if I liked this issue or not
    Go read my review in the spoiler thread. You liked it, you just don't know it yet.