View Poll Results: Disappointed or not

Voters
245. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Very Disappointed

14 5.71%
  • Disappointed

19 7.76%
  • Neutral

24 9.80%
  • It was ok

59 24.08%
  • It was all I wanted and more!

129 52.65%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 1derer View Post
    It isn't a standard 5-point spectrum poll. One of the key considerations of those polls is the language used, which is designed to be as clear an unbiased as possible.

One of the normal configurations would be.

1. Unsatisfied
    2. Somewhat Unsatisfied
    3. Neither Satisfied or Unsatisfied
    4. Somewhat Satisfied
    5. Satisfied

This language is close to completely neutral, with the negative and positive answers acting as exact opposites of each other. The middle option avoids being conflated with either the negative or positive side by explicitly setting itself apart from them.

The current poll has a negative slant, with easy to understand negative options, and unclear ("it was ok") or overly specific ("it was everything I wanted and more!") positive options.
    Objectiveness is boring. I don't post to bore myself, I post to amuse myself. Subjectivity is the way of the world, and mine.

Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

This issue was good, and I can see the momentum getting stronger as the series continues.
    Even better with the cosmic love Hickman will give it. Female Smasher where she at where she at!

Quote Originally Posted by Valeria Kementari View Post

Check where I voted. I don't really give a damn about this team of Avengers that has 0 favorite characters of mine. The only real Avengers are the Uncanny ones, this is just wallpaper.
    Oh Val, how I love thee.

Disappointed with this issue. The only good thing about this book was the art and most of the characters. I just felt the writing and dialogue were too...self important...obnoxious... I guess? I don't know. I thought Hickman's Fantastic Four was very good (even though I admittedly didn't read all of the run). This just didn't hit the spot.

I'm glad I'm in the minority, though.

I just hope New Avengers will be better than this piece of crap. Was looking forward to it more, anyway.

It was awesome. Loved it, can't wait to read the next issue. No complaints whatsoever from me.

The art was great, the jury is still out on book's villains for me, they definitely have potential. What I don't get is the inclusion of the new never before seen members of the team in the last panel. I thought becoming an Avneger was supposed to be a big deal, and here we have a handful of unknown and unproven characters answering the call of "Avengers Assemble."

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    The art was great, the jury is still out on book's villains for me, they definitely have potential. What I don't get is the inclusion of the new never before seen members of the team in the last panel. I thought becoming an Avneger was supposed to be a big deal, and here we have a handful of unknown and unproven characters answering the call of "Avengers Assemble."
    At least part of the next issue is a flashback, showing Steve and Cap recruiting the new guys I'm guessing. Otherwise, the preview of #2 with Sam and Bobby chilling and drinking cocktails would make less than zero sense.
    sunspot. magik. magma. kid loki. kitty. karma. frost.
    Deviantart

Love how Hickman slyly trolled the OP right back by voting "very disappointed" on his own book.

It was ok. The issue was fine - just don't agree with so many 'new' Avengers or new characters being introduced into the team when so many recent current Avengers didn't really get a chance to shine (ie Antman, Storm or Captain Britain etc)

Thats not a dig at this issue but just the new Avengers team as a whole.

Mighty Marvel UK Citizen Willow616's Avatar

I loved it...don't really understand how anyone could be diappointed by it but hey different strokes etc

Quote Originally Posted by darthwenger View Post
    It was ok. The issue was fine - just don't agree with so many 'new' Avengers or new characters being introduced into the team when so many recent current Avengers didn't really get a chance to shine (ie Antman, Storm or Captain Britain etc)

Thats not a dig at this issue but just the new Avengers team as a whole.
    Yep I think the last shake up didn't really have time to settle before this new status quo. Understandable though that Hickman would want to use his own picks and make his stamp on the team.

Obviously I'm gutted that Captain Britain isn't on the team (nice avataar by the way there Darth) and would have liked to have seen Storm's Bendis tenure redeemed with her continuing into this new era. I like Sam and Berto but not convinced yet that they are Avengers......but then I'm sure Hickman will do that to me very soon.
    AVENGERS UK! A free fan comic made by fans for fans! Stiff upper lip old bean!

I felt it didnt live up to the hype given to it. It was plot driven without much heart. It didnt do enough to make you care about what wa shappening. Mostly setup and the collection of "avenegrs" at the end made very little sense in its inception. The most powerful avengers are defeated and captured on the moon and Cap calls on Shang Chi and two New Mutants to help? Implausible really.

Not a bad book by any means, but not what I was expecting going in.

BANNED

I thought it was a hallow experience.

They start with several pages saying how big it's going to be, then we have the Avengers heading to Mars because 2 million people died off panel. I'm sorry, but I really didn't care about any of the stuff that happened on Mars cause there was no emotional investment. Even worst was that the Avengers charged in like a bunch of amateurs.

The book is a pufferfish. Claims it's epic and grand, nothing much on the inside.

The flesh inside a Pufferfish is considered to be an extremely high-class delicacy

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I thought it was a hallow experience.

They start with several pages saying how big it's going to be, then we have the Avengers heading to Mars because 2 million people died off panel. I'm sorry, but I really didn't care about any of the stuff that happened on Mars cause there was no emotional investment. Even worst was that the Avengers charged in like a bunch of amateurs.

The book is a pufferfish. Claims it's epic and grand, nothing much on the inside.
    Yeah, I agree. Future issues need to focus on character rather than his 3 year plan to keep people invested.

That said, I really want to read New Avengers. Thats the book that will suprise some people.

Mighty Marvel UK Citizen Willow616's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drakeon View Post
    The most powerful avengers are defeated and captured on the moon and Cap calls on Shang Chi and two New Mutants to help? Implausible really.
    I do agree with this to some degree, I'm a big fan of Shang-Chi so I'm pleased he's getting page space but I would have probably picked a lot of more powerful Marvels before those three......but then I'm remindede of a comment from the first issue of Mighty Avengers that the kind of people the Avengers face aren't always indimidated by powerhouses.
    Last edited by Willow616; 12-07-2012 at 08:01 AM.
    AVENGERS UK! A free fan comic made by fans for fans! Stiff upper lip old bean!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Seresecros View Post
    The flesh inside a Pufferfish is considered to be an extremely high-class delicacy
    I guess you can call that the artwork, but the poisonous part is Hulk's ugly face that one page.