On Vacation

Default Do you like the side banners on the covers?

I'm wondering what people think about the side banners. I thought after DWF/UWS they would revert back to the normal covers but it seems like they will still use the banners for the names of the arcs. "Reservation X" "Reconstruction" and probably "Venom Wars". I actually assume that the 616 will follow suit since they steal ideas anyways. I like it in terms that it gives an epic feel to it and I can know what issue is in what arc. But it is a huge banner and sometimes it covers up artwork. So there is that. Along with the title and the names about 1/2 of the cover is actually used for artwork. What do you guys think. Personally I like it a lot.

I liked them when they where just black or white bars with a colored stripe. Having the arc title looks okay but not great.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

I liked it most back in the Pre-Ultimatum days when we got the pillar-boxes along the sides and the large issue number in the top right corner and the arc or title issue name written sideways underneath.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

I like it a lot. The big Reservation X looks great.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

I did not like it with DWF/UWS but I did enjoy the Reservation X one. I think if it has a great design that looks like something other than Microsoft WordArt, it is a great addition to the cover. Here's to hoping Venom Wars will be symbiotic.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Rhapsody View Post
    I did not like it with DWF/UWS but I did enjoy the Reservation X one. I think if it has a great design that looks like something other than Microsoft WordArt, it is a great addition to the cover. Here's to hoping Venom Wars will be symbiotic.
    Agreed. when they put effort into the side banners its really good. Reservation X look like it's part of an old map with an X marks the spot.

I have been enjoying them so far.

BANNED

I didn't really care for the pre-Ultimatum banners as I thought they took up way too much space. But I really like the new ones since DWF started. The old banners seemed like a cheap way for Marvel to save money on ink. (Disney have saved billions of dollars on ink just by drawing each character with four fingers instead of five). The new one's though look pretty stunning IMO. May long they continue. That Reservation X one looks sick!

I also like how there's just one banner instead of two great big boring black ones on each side.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Agreed. when they put effort into the side banners its really good. Reservation X look like it's part of an old map with an X marks the spot.
    I enjoy it here too

Love em. It's a great idea too. If comics in the 90's had these, collecting them would have been easier after the fact. Of course, there's internet now.
    Comics are more better.