Question Help needed (asap)!

The deal is that lately my dear boyfriend has been talking about something he calls "Hellboy - The complete collection". I've been doing some serious googling which has only brought more confusion to my poor mind. What does he mean by "complete works"? Is he talking about the Library Editions or something else? I don't want to ask him for further info; I don't want to spoil the surprise.

Also, what does a comic geek see as the 'real deal', hardcover or paperback?

Thanks in advance for any input.

//Luna

I have never seen any Hellboy thing that you can buy thats called "The Complete Collection".
    It sounds more like hes asking for, the complete collection of hellboy books, as in all the hellboy trades I would guess.

As a comic geeek I'd say the Library Editions are the cream of the crop, and then the regular Trade Paperbacks are a step below that.
    Either way, if your buying him the complete collection he's a hellofa lucky guy cause thats no small chunk of change you'd spend, whatever form you buy them in.

Hope that helps!
    Ars longa, vita brevis
    www.mscorley.blogspot.com

Unless he means the $100 digital collection found only on Dark Horse Digital.

Edit: It was advertised heavily a week or so ago, but it appears the offer has ended.
    Last edited by UnravThreads; 12-06-2012 at 09:45 AM.

So vol. 1-5 of these should do the trick?: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hellboy-Libr.../dp/1593079109

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius says... View Post
    So vol. 1-5 of these should do the trick?: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hellboy-Libr.../dp/1593079109
    I'd say so
    Ars longa, vita brevis
    www.mscorley.blogspot.com

Cheers Noble-Enough, you've been very helpful.

Be careful though, you'll probably end up winning the award for best girlfriend ever if you offer those 5 as a Christmas gift...

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB. View Post
    Be careful though, you'll probably end up winning the award for best girlfriend ever if you offer those 5 as a Christmas gift...
    No kidding! He sounds like a lucky guy. The Library Editions are the best way to read Hellboy for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB. View Post
    I will then consider myself a nominee, as I just ordered vol 1-5 for my beloved. He even has a tattoo of Hellboy (and Abe Sapien, Batman, the Joker, Iron Man and Two-Face), dedication of this degree calls for an understanding and appreciative girlfriend.