Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I loved this issue. Favorite comic this week.

Man this was a freaking good issue. Such a damn shame Rucka's Punisher is ending, I still don't get it, it's the best Punisher serie we have had in years and years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrist View Post
    My impression wasn't that he wasn't killing poachers, but that he was tracking down and killing the people who bought the slave girls. (Who in this case happened to pay in ivory, because they were poachers.)

This is the best Black Widow has been written for a while :') There's a lot of subtle character work, again, in how other people react to Frank. Natasha wants to believe it's all business, that she can approach it like a protocol — she calls him Captain Castle, even. But what Frank does is really beyond protocol. And what Natasha does is beyond protocol, too, and he knows that, and exploits it.
    Hmmm...I'll accept that.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

This was an amazing story....for Natasha. This is how she should be written.

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

It was pretty good. Rucka, unsurprisingly, writes a great Black Widow. If he weren't done with Marvel, I'd like to see him take another stab at the character.
    Expletive Deleted

Wait, so how did Frank's eye come back? I thought it was completely removed.

Maybe it's a glass eye.

When did this eye removal happen?

Quote Originally Posted by manobon View Post
    Wait, so how did Frank's eye come back? I thought it was completely removed.
    It wasn't removed, just injured. Eyes take a long time to heal so he had the patch for a long time.

I really loved how Natasha was written. I'd recommend people who enjoyed how she was written pick up Rucka's Lazarus when it comes out in spring. It's such a shame that he's leaving Marvel.
    Marvel: Daredevil, Punisher, Uncanny Avengers, Wolverine & the X-Men, Cyclops, Hawkeye, Superior/Amazing Spider-Man (Trading for)
    Image: East of West, Lazarus, Jupiter's Legacy, Starlight

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    What the hell Rucka!? That first issue was amazing. Then this?

It's pointless and annoying. Pointless because Punisher doesn’t face the Avengers for more than 2 pages and in those pages he’s basically just running away from Black Widow. Annoying because this issue’s entire point is to show how great Punisher can be.

Honestly I'm angry because I loved the first issue so much. Since when does Punisher kill poachers? Ugh!

I posted a review with pictures here if anyone is interested. BLAH!
    Wasn't he killing poachers during that Jim Lee drawn story with Wolverine back in the 80s?
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

Quote Originally Posted by Hrist View Post
    My impression wasn't that he was killing poachers, but that he was tracking down and killing the people who bought the slave girls. (Who in this case happened to pay in ivory, because they were poachers.)

This is the best Black Widow has been written for a while :') There's a lot of subtle character work, again, in how other people react to Frank. Natasha wants to believe it's all business, that she can approach it like a protocol — she calls him Captain Castle, even. But what Frank does is really beyond protocol. And what Natasha does is beyond protocol, too, and he knows that, and exploits it.
    Well Castle did tell her to pick her battles, and Widow did assert later on that Castle intended her to stay and help those people instead of pursuing him.
    To me Ruck went with Sun Tzu's "Those who win every battle are not really skillful - those who render others' armies helpless without fighting are the best of all", which would seem to fit a man like Castle.

Quote Originally Posted by Zcorck View Post
    Well Castle did tell her to pick her battles, and Widow did assert later on that Castle intended her to stay and help those people instead of pursuing him.
    To me Ruck went with Sun Tzu's "Those who win every battle are not really skillful - those who render others' armies helpless without fighting are the best of all", which would seem to fit a man like Castle.
    Yeah, exactly. He knew exactly what would cause her to abandon her protocol, so to speak, and then used it to ditch her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Attachment 105344

Your move, Sherlock.
    Wow Fury looked slimmer and balder on the big screen.

This was good. A GREAT Widow and Frank was Frank in the little time he was on panel.

This Thor thing will be interesting. As long as it MAKES SENSE I will enjoy it. So far everything has made sense so in Rucker I trust I guess. After the Logan/Frank interaction in #1, I have prayed/hoped everyone would stay in character as that was PERFECT in my opinion.

This forum may explode if Thor gets jobbed somehow though. It would be great if Thor found Frank, goes "meh" and just flies off or something lol.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    Wasn't he killing poachers during that Jim Lee drawn story with Wolverine back in the 80s?
    He also did it in one of his Summer Specials. So this is not the first or second time.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra