Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I was on Chrome as well. Must have missed the zoom-page. No big deal. I was able to read it fine.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I was on Chrome as well. Must have missed the zoom-page. No big deal. I was able to read it fine.
    I don't think they had a zoom option on the EW preview, but they do under Chrome's options (those three little bars in the upper right hand corner). I didn't make that very clear.

But anyway, yeah, it's readable either way. Just thought I'd share for others who might be reading along and hate the magnifying glass.

Here's a link to 'Rama's preview:http://www.newsarama.com/php/multime....php?aid=48247
    I don't like messing with EW's previews because of that magnifying glass.
    "EVENT FATIGUE: Get real. You're still buying so how fatigued can you be?" - Keith Giffen

Quote Originally Posted by tylenoljones View Post
    That does make sense, and it shows that regardless of who he's up against Bruce is always looking for an edge or a weakness.

I think he pinpoints the Joker's weakness quite nicely a few pages later, when he jumps through fire and knocks the stuffing out of him :)
    Oh man. Now I want to see that page to. You're an evil, evil guy. Must resist urge to read it.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Wow, how did Cap manage to make his face so gruesome and so beautiful at the same time.

Heh, Bats is acting like an angry dad who has lost his sh!t.

man, capullo is just amazing. not only does he perfect the joker's facial expressions but he also has his body language down to a tee. this joker is so creepy, yet there is a distinct air of playfulness and mischief to him. probably my favourite rendition of joker in comics that i've seen.

Looks good to me.
    Too broke for a pull list.

BANNED

I like most of what Greg draws, but his Joker's face is bad. He needs to lay off the scratch marks. The mask is just running into the rest of his head. There should be more to a dried out skin mask than random wrinkles in every direction that fail to adhere to the stressing of the objects used to tie it down. It's just not drawn well. There's no distinction and the skinless face showing around the forehead is bad. You don't have muscles on your face like that. He could do a lot with that exposed area and just hasn't. Let down.

Agreed with Hurt, I don't like Capullo's Joker. The only one I like is Jock's.

Snyder's dialogue ranges from bad-great in certain parts of each issue but then again I never thought there were any good dialogue writers in comics. I'm spoiled as a reader of Elmore Leonard and David Mamet and a watcher of Tarantino and being an English major. To me, dialogue is something that can be overlooked in comics unless its atrocious and lets face it, this isn't as atrocious as Liefeld's was

Quote Originally Posted by vicvega View Post
    Snyder's dialogue ranges from bad-great in certain parts of each issue but then again I never thought there were any good dialogue writers in comics. I'm spoiled as a reader of Elmore Leonard and David Mamet and a watcher of Tarantino and being an English major. To me, dialogue is something that can be overlooked in comics unless its atrocious and lets face it, this isn't as atrocious as Liefeld's was
    BKV's dialogue is very sharp and current, and reminds me of Tarantino sometimes. Just thought of this when I read your comment.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

There are plenty of writers who have sharp dialogue. BKV is definitely chief among them.

Seriously. Hell, they're already calling me Senior :)
    Well I just managed to graduate to Junior today, so no more newbie status! But too bad for you CBR doesn't offer some sort of comic book social security or welfare, however that might work. Maybe you did need that magnifying glass on the preview

But let's get back to the material at hand... Pretty sure Snyder said the first half of #15 was slow and then picked up like crazy in the second half through the end of the arc. This preview probably has more action than all of the last issue, so I'm surprised he finds this "slow."
    Superhero Popularity Study

New and improved second poll is up!

Quote Originally Posted by dubbauw View Post
    Well I just managed to graduate to Junior today, so no more newbie status! But too bad for you CBR doesn't offer some sort of comic book social security or welfare, however that might work. Maybe you did need that magnifying glass on the preview
    I wonder what the comic equivalent of welfare would be? Free copies of unsold Liefield books?

But let's get back to the material at hand... Pretty sure Snyder said the first half of #15 was slow and then picked up like crazy in the second half through the end of the arc. This preview probably has more action than all of the last issue, so I'm surprised he finds this "slow."
    Yeah. We've already got explosions, deaths and fist fights. Maybe he means it picks up plotwise? Meaning we'll get to see how Joker plans to make Batman turn on his allies.

I wonder what the comic equivalent of welfare would be? Free copies of unsold Liefield books?
    Kindling for winter? Not sure about summer... Is it generally okay to hate Liefield right? Don't want to offend anyone

Yeah. We've already got explosions, deaths and fist fights. Maybe he means it picks up plotwise? Meaning we'll get to see how Joker plans to make Batman turn on his allies.
    That makes the most sense I guess. Honestly, I want to be utterly frightened at the end of this issue and #16. I just want to be so nervous about what's going to happen and I think that'll make it a success. I know there's that Bat-family meeting as well as that other dinner scene where Batman grabs the guy through the window. But that was without dialogue so I don't really have any idea how it would fit.
    Superhero Popularity Study

New and improved second poll is up!