View Poll Results: Are you buying Amazing 699.1?

Voters
54. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes, I buy all issues of Amazing, I'm buying this one.

21 38.89%
  • Yes, I'm specifically interested in this issue on its own merits

12 22.22%
  • Maybe, it will depend on forum reaction

5 9.26%
  • No, this seems like filler

12 22.22%
  • No, but I don't buy any issues of Amazing

4 7.41%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Does anyone have spoilers/synopsis for this issue I don't normally ask for spoilers if I don't intend to buy the issue but as I stated earlier I intend to buy the ongoing but for reasons mentioned earlier will not be buying this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Does anyone have spoilers/synopsis for this issue I don't normally ask for spoilers if I don't intend to buy the issue but as I stated earlier I intend to buy the ongoing but for reasons mentioned earlier will not be buying this issue.
    Morbius gets a chance to escape from wherever it was that Spidey locked him in, he then remembers his origin story. He escapes into his new on-going comic.

Not much happens, but serves the purpose an issue 0 should serve.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    I enjoyed it, but I'm thoroughly confused as to why he's thinking he has nowhere to go, when the city of millions of monsters that are his buddies from Legion of Monsters is right under Manhattan.
    I've been under the impression that they may have kicked him out or something.

I enjoyed this issue

It was nicer to see more of Morbius's past, especially as it was pretty well done. It wasn't overblown, but it was effective. And seeing just how sick he was before he turned into a vampire sorta makes his actions during that span a little more understandable. No wonder he really wanted to be quick about it...

The preview was sorta misleading. I really thought his mother was going to be just another angry shrew, but seeing Morbius sustain broken bones from a relatively small fall sorta made her fears pretty well founded, a nice touch.

If Joe Keatinge is coming back, I have to ask, will we be seeing anymore of Morbius's parents in his ongoing? I really have to know, if Morbius's father's real last name even Morbius? What if it was a pen-name, and his real last name was something completely different? I mean, it would sorta explain the name "Morbius", which doesn't sound too Greek to me.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    In this issue, why is Morbius thinking he has nowhere to go when Monster Metropolis is right under Manhattan?
    Keep reading.

Quote Originally Posted by MorningMoon View Post
    Read the issue and I gotta say that your writing is quite stellar, Joe! I'm glad I got Morbius' origin like this (honestly all I knew of him was from the 90's cartoon) and i'll be buying every issue of your series for sure.
    Thank you very much! I'm glad you liked it!

I'm really glad you enjoyed it. Thank you! I'll be checking back here through the week!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    If Joe Keatinge is coming back, I have to ask, will we be seeing anymore of Morbius's parents in his ongoing? I really have to know, if Morbius's father's real last name even Morbius? What if it was a pen-name, and his real last name was something completely different? I mean, it would sorta explain the name "Morbius", which doesn't sound too Greek to me.
    I'll get more into Morbius' parents, but how and the details -- well, keep reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Keatinge View Post
    I'll get more into Morbius' parents, but how and the details -- well, keep reading!

I have to say, I didn't know where you were going with this, but like I said, it was a nicely handled and believable origin story, that gave us a nice little look into your Morbius.

Also, I have to ask, because your answering these questions and there's one that's been bothering me...so, can Morbius eat solid food? I don't know why I was even thinking about it. But one day I was looking up cute pictures of baby animals and stumbled onto the bats. And then I found their wiki-page, which stated that vampire really can't.

I really don't know why it's bothering me, but now I need to know, in your version, can Morbius eat solid food?

I really don't know why it's bothering me, but now I need to know, in your version, can Morbius eat solid food?
    Yup. You'll see him eating a sandwich in Morbius #1. He's even going to cook a meal in a later issue.

Yup. You'll see him eating a sandwich in Morbius #1. He's even going to cook a meal in a later issue.
    Oh, goody! I don't know why that was bothering me so much! How does looking up cute animals turn into that?

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Soylent Green is plasma!
    Last edited by David Walton; 12-12-2012 at 03:24 PM.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

This was good but...but...did it really add much to the Morbius story? His sidekick is added, but it was kinda boring. I didn't hate it though.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    This was good but...but...did it really add much to the Morbius story? His sidekick is added, but it was kinda boring. I didn't hate it though.
    Well, now we know for sure he's Greek and what town he's from. We know who his parents were, we know more about Emil, and we know just how sick Morbius was before he became a vampire. Before this, all we knew was that he was a Nobel Prize winning scientist who got sick and turned into Dracula-lite.

Well, now we know for sure he's Greek and what town he's from. We know who his parents were, we know more about Emil, and we know just how sick Morbius was before he became a vampire. Before this, all we knew was that he was a Nobel Prize winning scientist who got sick and turned into Dracula-lite.
    True. I just wish there was more drama to it. Just a bit more. Still a good issue.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

I've been under the impression that they may have kicked him out or something.
    Was there a story at some point that gave this impression, or is that a No-Prize answer for why the Monster Metropolis doesn't get mentioned in any of his recent Spider-Man appearances and why he would have come to Horizon instead? I mean, it's a good one, and he kind of failed them in that storyline where he realized too late the origin of the insanity plague they and Elsa Bloodstone were dealing with, but you'd think they'd have kicked him out right then if they were going to.

Not the greatest issue ever, but did pique my interest to check out Morbius #1 in January.