View Poll Results: Are you buying Amazing 699.1?

Voters
54. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes, I buy all issues of Amazing, I'm buying this one.

21 38.89%
  • Yes, I'm specifically interested in this issue on its own merits

12 22.22%
  • Maybe, it will depend on forum reaction

5 9.26%
  • No, this seems like filler

12 22.22%
  • No, but I don't buy any issues of Amazing

4 7.41%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

I haven't read Glory, but it's nice just how much trust and faith Keatinge's fans have in him is really nice to see

It seems like everyone knows what they're doing with this book.

One question for Joe Keatinge:

Are we going to get another love interest for Morbius?

And do you think Morbius even is capable of having a stable relationship with a woman?

I hunger for plasma. (Sorry, I had to)
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    What's your favorite Spider-Man story of all time, Joe?
    My all-time favorite era is Ditko's. Every single page from the first of Amazing Fantasy #15 to the last of Amazing Spider-Man #38 is pure gold. It's also the foundation of so much in the Marvel universe and, really, superhero comics as a whole from the early 60s on. That being said, it's hard to narrow down one story out of all of that I feel stands out, if only because I feel the entire thing works so well. Someone recently told me it was the best 40+ issue (including the annuals) single story told in comics and I think they're right.

If I had to go outside of Ditko's run, I'd definitely go with Erik Larsen's Revenge Of The Sinister Six, from his run on the adjectiveless Spider-Man. It hit me at a formative age and I feel still sticks together. Spider-Man as a cyborg?! An almost-New-Fantastic-Four reunion?! Sleepwalker? EVERYONE else? Heck yeah, man. That's solid Spidey comics.

I also can never praise Slott's comics enough. It's been one home run after another. Loving it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I haven't read Glory, but it's nice just how much trust and faith Keatinge's fans have in him is really nice to see
    Man, what's up with that? Go grab the first volume! It's less than ten bucks for six issues of awesome stuff. And Ernest Hemingway showed up in the 8th issue.

Are we going to get another love interest for Morbius?
    No comment on this in specific. Morbius is preoccupied with basic survival, but a number of differing types of relationships form from said surviving.

And do you think Morbius even is capable of having a stable relationship with a woman?
    I view him as still hung up on Martine and long time Morbius readers know that relationship was all kinds of messed up
    Last edited by Joe Keatinge; 12-10-2012 at 02:05 PM.

Interesting that you would bring up Martine. I imagine that you're keeping her dead, then?

Also, it's interesting that you're staying connected to fans. What made you decide to come to the CBR forums? Or how many other accounts to other websites do you have going?

Interesting that you would bring up Martine. I imagine that you're keeping her dead, then?
    She shows up in a flashback in ASM 699.1.

Also, it's interesting that you're staying connected to fans. What made you decide to come to the CBR forums? Or how many other accounts to other websites do you have going?
    I really like CBR. They support the heck out of my books. I like talking comics. The combination of all these things.

This is the only direct Q&A I'm doing at the moment, but I have a lot of interviews either in the works or coming out over the next several days.

Plus, I'm on Twitter (@joekeatinge), Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/joekeatingecomics) and a web site (http://joekeatinge.tumblr.com).

Default Are you getting 699.1?

This issue seems like the definition of filler. Is it going to be $2.99? I hope they aren't charging $3.99 for a book who's sole purpose is to set up the Morbius series and delay 600 to the end of the month... I'll check in here and read the synopsis, but at this point I have no plans to buy this issue.

I'm going to flip through it first. If it's just filler (which I have a feeling it is), I'll skip it.

I'm getting it. It's gonna be the decision factor for me since I'm still on the fence about picking up Morbius.

I'm interested in the Morbius series, so I'll pick it up.
    Last edited by Punkedmind; 12-11-2012 at 10:18 PM.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

I'll skip it. Don't really get .1 issues very often since they're just stand alones that act as setup for something else half the time.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I'll skip it. Don't really get .1 issues very often since they're just stand alones that act as setup for something else half the time.
    I was kinda thinking the same thing until I picked up Avengers 24.1. It wasn't a huge need to know kinda issue but it was rad seeing Vision and Magneto duking it out. I guess what I'm saying is that while they might not be totally necessary, I can't deny that they're alot of fun. I have a gut feeling that this is going to tie in with what all happens with the jail break at the raft and I can't be the only one wanting to see what happens to "doctor Octopus" in the escape.

Genuinely interested for the Morbius stuff. The continuing story of Pete is good, too.
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punkedmind View Post
    I'm interested in the Morbius series, so I'll pick it up.
    Same reason I'm picking it up.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    LOL I seem to remember that Journey into Mystery .1 that we all thought wasn't too important...Oh, how wrong we were...Gillen lives off of our tears...

As for this one, I'm interested in the Morbius ongoing and want to see what Keatinge has planned. I know it's going to be mostly exposition, but given Morbius's somewhat long history, he's really a character who's past before becoming a vampire has largely been left alone, which given comics and how many times he actually has appeared, is rather shocking.

I haven't bought an issue of ASM since 545 & I don't intend to for a very long time & that includes .1 issues, regulas asm issues, annuals or Superior Spider-man (still the flagship book for spidey so thats why I won't buy) BUT I do plan on picking up the Morbius ongoing so hopefully there's nothing contained here what one might call "essential reading" to follow the ongoing.
    Last edited by classicgmer; 12-11-2012 at 11:54 PM.