Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    You can't please everybody. Isn't Chuck Norris in that movie for three whole minutes?
    You'll notice that my comment wasn't about the length of time that Norris was on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    You'll notice that my comment wasn't about the length of time that Norris was on the screen.
    You'll notice I said "You can't please everybody." That's a separate thought.

In the end, I don't really care.

Quote Originally Posted by Treqqor View Post
    Why would anyone think that's Khan??

Watch the trailer again.

It's Gary Mitchell and Dr. Dehner.

Come on, people!
    I thought that was Nurse Chapel.
    And why would Gary be jumping around like Mario Bros. with a Gatling gun?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Another thing I noticed is that the TOSesque multi-colored uniforms are hardly seen in the trailer, with instead more military regalia. Could be another call-back to Khan, giving things a more military look.
    this is true after the big shake up in ST09 with Vulcan being destroyed its possible the fedaration has taken a more active millitary role in the galaxy and less just peace keepers...just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Because he has dramatically increased psycho-kenetic powers allowing him to do so. Just because you have great power doesn't mean you have the imagination to be spectacularly creative with those powers.

But it is all guesswork at this moment. Until someone calls him by name, who really knows who he is?

BANNED

OH SHIT
    Here is the Japanese Trailer with more very Telling Footage

BANNED

I KNOW this Film will almost Definatly not have Kahn but if they ever do get around to him in this series, can we PLEASE get Javier Barden to Play him please

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Another thing I noticed is that the TOSesque multi-colored uniforms are hardly seen in the trailer, with instead more military regalia. Could be another call-back to Khan, giving things a more military look.
    I watched the trailer a second time after you pointed this out. If you look closely there are a bunch of shots that have the TOS-styled uniforms in them. The grey regalia almost looks like funeral garb, and a funeral is heavily implied in this trailer.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    But why would Khan be wearing a Starfleet uniform?

I think the identity of the villain is still up in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    But why would Khan be wearing a Starfleet uniform?

I think the identity of the villain is still up in the air.
    I have a feeling they took Khan and Mitchell's characters and kind of fused them together for this movie. Mitchell was never a super "revenge" type guy from what I remember and he didn't have crazy super strength like Khan did, but at the same time Khan never trotted around in a Starfleet uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    ...Mitchell was never a super "revenge" type guy from what I remember and he didn't have crazy super strength like Khan did...
    If as I am guessing this is Gary Mitchell and it is the original story AND a sequel to that story all in one, then it would explain the revenge angle. Wouldn't you want revenge if you had near godlike powers and someone left you trapped for dead on a mining planet? And the powers Gary had explain his ability to display strength beyond a normal mans. Gary seems to fit, and is more logical than kind of fusing Mitchell and Kahn. Why eliminate the possibility of a Kahn film down the road?

Another possibility is that the villain is a re-vamped Garth of Izar. It also explains the Starfleet uniform and, if they keep with having him drummed out of Starfleet and imprisoned for attempted genocide, the revenge angle. Anything the inhabitants of Antos IV did to repair his body might go far enough along to explain any superhuman abilities he might possess, a replacement for the cellular metamorphosis that might not work for a contemporary audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    If as I am guessing this is Gary Mitchell and it is the original story AND a sequel to that story all in one, then it would explain the revenge angle. Wouldn't you want revenge if you had near godlike powers and someone left you trapped for dead on a mining planet? And the powers Gary had explain his ability to display strength beyond a normal mans. Gary seems to fit, and is more logical than kind of fusing Mitchell and Kahn. Why eliminate the possibility of a Kahn film down the road?
    Because if you fuse Khan in with a different character you can tell a Khan story and bypass all of the people who will criticize the actor simply for not being Ricardo Montalban and critique every decision made with the character. Plus you also bypass the issue of your movie being compared to Wrath of Khan, and thus it can stand on its own merits better.

I think Cumberbatch looks too young to be playing Garth.