I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

Default Is New York the safest place to be?

Many superheroes reside there.There's usually an alien invasion there and monster blowing up stuff.The prisons there are very easy to escape.The New Yorkers should be moving out of there.Every time they step out of the apartment, there is some chance of dying.Is New York safer then the rest of other cities
    '

Yes it's not safer.
    Last edited by Guicho; 12-06-2012 at 06:35 AM.

I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

bump

10 char

TNYC did get flooded in Ultimatum.....

I was thinking, for a lot of weirder people like mutants and others, it may well be.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Anywhere where heroes are are unsafe to be but the Marvel Universe revolves around New York so it's probably the least safe you can be. I bet the people of San Fransisco won't be getting much trouble now that the X-Men have moved back east while trouble's gonna start showing up in Philadelphia now that Venom's moving in.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Not necessarily. I mean, just the fact that alot of superheroes gather there proves that NY is not the safest place to be, on the one hand. That generally means that there is going to be alot of damage that occurs as a result of the frequent melees. On the other hand, places like Philly and Houston, TX don't necessarily become a safer places to live just because the likes of Venom and Scarlet Spider have moved in. Evil is always on the move and until it's eradicated, then no place is truly the safest. I mean, how many times has a supervillains or a superheros presence turned a relatively peaceful place into a powder keg?
    Marvel, STOP writing for the Trade so I can go back to collecting Monthlies again. Thanks.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Well, despite all the bad stuff that happens, the population never seems to deplete. It can't be all that bad.

But you wouldn't even catch me in the real NYC for longer than a week. Even cities like Houston drive me nutty.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

there need to be more series based elsewhere besides NYC-- get out further into America and beyond- the midwest, the south, southwest, the northwest, etc. I'm surprised that no heroes based in Las Vegas have come out yet.. Detroit...
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 12-07-2012 at 07:58 AM.

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Up until recently, I would have said any city in Wakanda would be safer. Now, maybe Doomstadt is safer We've never heard of any great number casualties there. I imagine they must all have access to bomb shelters by now.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

IMHO, not much different from people rebuilding in areas that are continually fraught with floods/hurricanes/earthquakes. Granted that the ante is upped a bit in the MU proper, but considering that we have people that fly and shoot beams from their eyes, I'd say it keeps it's logic.
    I'm looking for an artist who'd like to work on a comic project with me, or at least some concept art. Let me know if you're interested.

Honestly, I don't know why Hydra, or AIM, or some other criminal organization hasn't just nuked the city yet. One strike and 95% of the heroes on Earth are gone, many of them the most powerful. There you go Marvel, there's 2014's event.

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Absolutely not, it gets invaded or destroyed on a regular basis. Its the nexus of super-human conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild_Child View Post
    Many superheroes reside there.There's usually an alien invasion there and monster blowing up stuff.The prisons there are very easy to escape.The New Yorkers should be moving out of there.Every time they step out of the apartment, there is some chance of dying.Is New York safer then the rest of other cities
    '
    It's not safer, it's just a population thing. More douchbags per square inch, therefore more superheroes.

Kidding.

I should talk. I'm was born and raised in Los Angeles.
    "Looks clear."