Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bullseye View Post
    Personally I think Typhoid could work as an ongoing series if they make her an antihero like Elektra or the Punisher. I would totally root for her to be killing off her enemies. Typhoid: hit lady for hire.
    I think if they did, she would end up like Venom in the 90s, a perfectly good villain who is turned into an anti hero to give him or her their own title and becoming less interesting in the process. Typhoid Mary works as a villain, a sympathetic villain perhaps, but a villain all the same, its a shame that so many great villains are turned into anti heroes, it means less great villains.

As for Jester, I have a feeling that character is going to sit on a shelf for a long time. Till somebody is brave enough dust him off and makes him sinister. The others will most likely be seen again. Gladiator, Stilt Man, Owl, some how they always come back. We need appearances of villains on the DD roll call that he can really get into trouble with. That is why I think Matador, Purple Man, and Electro have to come back. Or at least give us a run with Death Stalker again. Now that would be sick!
    Jester has a huge problem, he was made as a rip off of the Joker in the Silver Age. Making him more sinister would make him just seem like a rip off the modern Joker. So what do you do with him? Try to highlight any difference between Jester and Joker or Trickster or Toyman or any other similar type of villain. I think Jester's career as an actor is the key to making him unique, that is what should be highlighted and think giving him someone in his past who wronged him and ruined his acting career, gives him a story that would be different from a typical Joker story.

The original Death-Stalker is dead, he was brought back in a recent mini, only to die again, it might tricky to bring him back again. However there is a new female Death-Stalker working for Purple Man.

I'd love to see Gladiator brought in as a very dangerous, street-level guy. Maybe coming out of some underground extreme MMA scene. He's not out to conquer the world, or even the neighborhood. He just wants to take whatever he wants, and to hurt anybody he doesn't like.

Wolverine thinks he's so hot, with those claws. Gladiator's got freakin' buzzsaws, baby!

And I think the Owl would work well as a mysterious mastermind type. Keeping to the shadows, working through underlings, almost never being seen. Never confronting DD himself.
    HAIL HYDROX!

If you're so smart, why aren't you naked?

Quote Originally Posted by Jodoc View Post
    I'd love to see Gladiator brought in as a very dangerous, street-level guy. Maybe coming out of some underground extreme MMA scene. He's not out to conquer the world, or even the neighborhood. He just wants to take whatever he wants, and to hurt anybody he doesn't like.

Wolverine thinks he's so hot, with those claws. Gladiator's got freakin' buzzsaws, baby!

And I think the Owl would work well as a mysterious mastermind type. Keeping to the shadows, working through underlings, almost never being seen. Never confronting DD himself.
    So how come the Gladiator never fought Wolverine?

Bullseye never misses! Joe Bullseye's Avatar

The owl would have to be running things from behind the scenes if he came back just because of what DD did to him last time. And speaking of Wolverine another appearance with a fight would be awesome. What was it number 249 when that happened? So it would be cool for another round between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by The Master Meglomaniac View Post
    The original Death-Stalker is dead, he was brought back in a recent mini, only to die again, it might tricky to bring him back again. However there is a new female Death-Stalker working for Purple Man.
    They could do what they did with Mister Fear, a new guy inheriting the costume and powers. Like maybe it could be his son finding what's left of his belongings and taking out revenge for his fathers death or something like that.
    BULLSEYE!

"A man without hope is a man without fear."

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So how come the Gladiator never fought Wolverine?
    Wolverine doesn't have anything Gladiator wants.
    HAIL HYDROX!

If you're so smart, why aren't you naked?

Quote Originally Posted by Jodoc View Post
    Wolverine doesn't have anything Gladiator wants.
    Yet somehow I coulod see them fighting side by side if it was the Zombie Apocalypse.
    BULLSEYE!

Didn't the original Gladiator retire? I always loved the character's look.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar

I have always liked Bullet. He just seems like the kinda of guy DD should be going up against.

You know what else would be great is for DD to take on the Serpent Society. I am talking the big version of the group from the old Cap series not the newer versions. Get them back to the straight up criminal group they used to be. Since Cap is too busy anymore to deal with stuff like them DD would be the perfect spot for them to make a comeback. With a few new costumes and tweeks even guys like Puff Adder could be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    You know what else would be great is for DD to take on the Serpent Society. I am talking the big version of the group from the old Cap series not the newer versions. Get them back to the straight up criminal group they used to be. Since Cap is too busy anymore to deal with stuff like them DD would be the perfect spot for them to make a comeback. With a few new costumes and tweeks even guys like Puff Adder could be cool.
    That's an interesting choice being with all the Criminal groups wanting him dead because of the Omega Drive. They weren't on it so they could be called in to kill him without the other groups being involved. Hmmm something to think about.
    BULLSEYE!

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Friend View Post
    Melvin Potter is currently in a mental institution, after being exposed to Mr. Fear's chemicals that left him insane. So he could be a villain again, though a sympathetic one considering he only became a villain again due to the manipulations of Alexander Bont and Mr. Fear.

Does anybody think they could really pull an old dusty character out of retirement and make it work now? We have been talking about these villains and some of them are still around but let us say they pulled out someone like Paladin. I can't remember anything he has been in for many many years. Do you think they should just leave well enough alone and come up with new vile gangsters or should they go into the arsenal for some crusty old villain? I personally think they need to pull some of the classics out and let others rest. I am kinda 50/50 on this one.
    BULLSEYE!

Does anybody think they could really pull an old dusty character out of retirement and make it work now? We have been talking about these villains and some of them are still around but let us say they pulled out someone like Paladin. I can't remember anything he has been in for many many years. Do you think they should just leave well enough alone and come up with new vile gangsters or should they go into the arsenal for some crusty old villain? I personally think they need to pull some of the classics out and let others rest. I am kinda 50/50 on this one.
    Paladin isn't really a villain though, he has a mercenary who has fought with and against heroes depending on the job he is doing, but he uses a stun gun and for the most part does not kill. I think there are a lot obscure DD villains they can bring back. There was a one shot villain called the Tribune, who was an ultra right wing actor who hated anti government demonstrations (this was in the 70s) and donned a costume to attack anyone he felt was "undermining" America, that he was supreme judge of right and wrong for the entire country. Though the original Tribune died, you can always have a copycat, a crazed vigilante who believes he, not the courts, has the right to decide who is guilty and who is innocent. Somewhat like the Punisher, but far more unsympathetic and unreasonable.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/tribuneralston.htm
    Last edited by The Master Meglomaniac; 12-06-2012 at 10:27 PM.

here it is, 5 in the morning and I just thought of a perfect villain for Daredevil that I don't think has even been in the regular series from 1 to now. TASKMASTER! I know he is usually an Avengers villain but I would love to see them face off. Damn why didn't i think of it before!
    BULLSEYE!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Friend View Post
    Reformed and retired, yes. He went insane thanks to Mr Fear, but making Melvin Potter a real villain again would just screw up several years of character development.

BANNED

Does anybody think they could really pull an old dusty character out of retirement and make it work now? We have been talking about these villains and some of them are still around but let us say they pulled out someone like Paladin. I can't remember anything he has been in for many many years.
    Paladin? He's not a villain, and he was a major character in the most recent Heroes for Hire series.