Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Joseph Losey movies, I think. Has that Pinter connection.
    The Circumstances at the End

Top 10: Astro City, Captain America, East of West, Hawkeye, Lazarus, New Avengers, Saga, Thor: God of Thunder, Wonder Woman, Zero

The old gods from the before-time, when the world was a word and there was no form...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    From what I googled, Morrison used to watch it three times a month as a kid with his mom.

Now I really want Morrison to get more involved films.
    I just watched 2001 again, this time with cliff-notes... Yes, Morrison takes a hell of a lot of the narrative style (and the theme).

In movies, characters commonly recap or give info in their lines, the genius of Kubrick is that he realized that his medium is half graphics and motion and that we should learn to think in those terms. To go back to the basics. And the narrative style fits, a plot that is so transcendental that it would look small in words. However, I have to say, as brilliant as it is I think the movie is a bit rough around the edges. I like the statement that it made, but I think that some choices sacrifice a bit of pleasantness.

When it comes to Morrison's language, I think his overall point is right, we shouldn't rely so much on captions and dialog when the medium is mixed. However... 2001 gets away with a titanic stretch of the possibilities of film narrative because those are just 130 minutes or so. Whenever you have over a 100 pp. of graphic storytelling, you start needing a lot of navigation, and the references and explanations are harder to track.
    Characters: Elongated Man, Batman, Satellite JLA, Super Buddies, Sandman, Swamp Thing
    Writers: Moore, Gaiman, Cooke, Giffen/DeMatteis, Miller, Dini, Morrison, Waid, Meltzer, McDuffie, Barr, Englehart

Someone posted a list of Batman comics that were drawn from in Grant's run the other day. Last week I think. Might have been JGian, or Nepenthes....

It contained a Batman Spectacular issue I wasn't familiar with that I was meaning to do some research on, but now I can't find the link.

I searched DC's site as I thought that's where it was, but can't find it now.

Just wondering if the issue in question contained reprints like the rest of the DC Spectacular stuff, or if there was an exclusive story in there that I didn't know about.

Any help appreciated.

Strangely, the thread didn't bump when I posted above...
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

If I saw the list I might be able to help, but until then I have no idea...