Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cliffhanger View Post
    Next Men too.
    The Next Men relaunch started off pretty great for the first 10 issues but then that Aftermath coda came along and it went completely off the rails IMO, still its cool that he got to finish that project.

Oh and I liked Mark Waid's take on The Rocketeer
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

Love the core G.I. Joe book and I'm really excited about the new direction it will go in when it relaunches soon as a no longer secret team.

I actually like CVO: Covert Vampiric Operations during the Infestation crossovers immensely (David Messina has been knocking it out of the park on the art duties, but the book is fun story-wise with some really strong characters).

The "Abramsverse" Star Trek books are cool, but I always more interested in an ongoing Trek comic series featuring never-before-seen characters (such as what Marvel did with Star Trek: Starfleet Academy) that had more creative freedom.
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow has been pretty enjoyable but there ending that in January :(

The only floppy I am buying is Jericho but I do enjoy many of their TPB's and particularly the hardcovers.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

The GI Joe books
    The Transformers books
    TMNT
    I like swords.

I'm definitely diggin' Locke & Key: Omega, but where the heck is Infected?! I loved the first issue but haven't seen hid nor hair of issue 2.
    My blog where I mostly do comic reviews

Vocatus atque non vocatus deus aderit

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by C. Earl View Post
    Love the core G.I. Joe book and I'm really excited about the new direction it will go in when it relaunches soon as a no longer secret team.

I actually like CVO: Covert Vampiric Operations during the Infestation crossovers immensely (David Messina has been knocking it out of the park on the art duties, but the book is fun story-wise with some really strong characters).

The "Abramsverse" Star Trek books are cool, but I always more interested in an ongoing Trek comic series featuring never-before-seen characters (such as what Marvel did with Star Trek: Starfleet Academy) that had more creative freedom.
    They dropped a part of the plot of the next movie into one of them. It looks they will try to keep things consistent. I am talking about the Archon comic.

Classic Popeye
    Popeye

I snoozed on Haunted Horror but I'm definitely going to pick this up too now.
    Boycott Marvel. Make Mine Kirby.

average comic book fan... JonQCitizen's Avatar

I'm a big fan of Godzilla, and have been enjoying both the on-going and James Stokoe's Godzilla: Half Century War. Through two issues, I'm also liking Judge Dredd. I may be trying out their Star Trek title soon, have heard really good things.
    Currently collecting: Aphrodite IX, Elephantmen, The Flash, Godzilla, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Guardians of the Galaxy, Saga, & Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Choblik View Post
    They dropped a part of the plot of the next movie into one of them. It looks they will try to keep things consistent. I am talking about the Archon comic.
    Yeah, I know. They may also have dropped some stuff--essentially easter eggs--in earlier issues too, but you won't notice them until after you see the movie, IIRC.

Still, like Trek comics in the past that have been based on in-production shows or movies, there's only so much that can be done with the characters and the overall status quo. They have to remain the same until a future episode or movie changes them.
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Also with 2 issues in I'm enjoying Judge Dredd. So glad to have this character back being published in America again.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Star Trek (though I wish they still came out with those varied minis and specials)
    Doctor Who
    Doctor Who Classics
    Star Trek/Doctor Who
    Rocketeer
    Kill Shakespeare

I think that's it right now...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by C. Earl View Post
    Yeah, I know. They may also have dropped some stuff--essentially easter eggs--in earlier issues too, but you won't notice them until after you see the movie, IIRC.

Still, like Trek comics in the past that have been based on in-production shows or movies, there's only so much that can be done with the characters and the overall status quo. They have to remain the same until a future episode or movie changes them.
    That's owrite with me. I cannot wait for the first NuTrek comic where the main hero is an original character, but that probably will only happen after the trilogy is finished.

Anybody else would like to see a Captain Robau comic or book series?

Mars Attacks great redo.

No task too small ForeverTaskmaster's Avatar

I liked the The Shield limited series. Yes, the strike team.