Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default IDW comic series you like

I've recently been introduced to the wonderful world of IDW by way of a friend lending me some Doctor Who comics. I loved them and it led me to my current favorite comic right now, the Rocketeer. With the runner up being More Than Meets the Eye.
    So, what's your favorite IDW book?

Ghostbusters. Not just IDW, but it's been my favorite comic book all year long. Absolutely love it!

I've been mostly disappointed with their Rocketeer books. I love the character but have found their books lackluster expect for a handful of stories from Rocketeer Adventures. I think they should launch an ongoing with a really good, permanent creative team. The characters need to finally grow and develop after all these years.
    PULL LIST: Ghostbusters, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Ghostbusters and TMNT are both fraking awesome!!

TMNT and Locke and Key. Popeye is fantastic as well.

Transformers Regeneration-One is the action/sci-fi comic all others should strive to be. Looking at you TMNT. So disappointed in that series. So disappointed.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    Transformers Regeneration-One is the action/sci-fi comic all others should strive to be. Looking at you TMNT. So disappointed in that series. So disappointed.
    What do you find that is disappointing about the TMNT series?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    What do you find that is disappointing about the TMNT series?
    Everything. I really tried to get into it, but it felt like it was trying to mash the 89' toon and the Mirage original together into something without the heart of either of them. Also the art was really weak IMO. Though I hear Andy Kuhn is doing art chores now? So that may have improved significantly by now.

Basicly it felt rather soulless. I'd rather by reading the original Mirage Turtles by Larid. Or Tales of the TMNT by the regular Mirage contributors (Murphy, Lawson, Berger, and the gang). Basically I'm really pissed that Mirage isn't still making Turtles Comics, or IDW isn't trying to keep the spirit of that alive.

Also the comics are kinda boring, stretch out, and only collect 4 issues to a $20 trade. Barf.

EDIT: Oh and IDW shelling out for a billion variant covers, instead of paying for good interior content. But that's IDW for you, with rare exception.
    Last edited by The Adventurer; 12-05-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Doctor Who and Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes for me. Sad to see Storm shadow and Snake Eyes ending. Doctor Who has been great since the last ongoing and it looks like it will continue.
    Last edited by TonyStark1012; 12-08-2012 at 12:26 AM.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

I also love their Rocketeer books. I read the second issue of Wrightson and Stile's Frankenstein Alive, Alive last night. Some of the most amazing art Wrightson has done in decades. looking forward to issue #3, whenever that may be.

TMNT. But then other than Dredd (meh) its the only one im reading.

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    Simon Furman is the man, Larry Hamma's G.I.Joe ARAH is pretty good as well.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

BANNED

I'm reading most of the Transformers, Star Trek & GI Joe books from IDW right now. Everyone with a pulse knows how amazing More Than Meets the Eye and Cobra have been. Or should know, if they actually like good comics. The ongoing Star Trek in the movie-verse was more of an impulse buy for awhile, but the past few months have been really fun. I'm loving the reworked Mirror Universe. Plus, Scotty accidentally infecting Starfleet Academy with Tribbles was freaking hilarious.

I tried TMNT for almost a year, but it's such an utterly pointless reboot. The listlessness of the new stuff is compounded by the fact that the real Turtles by Eastman & Laird are being reprinted every month. If i didn't already have those, I'd be buying the new color copies.

I'd also happily be buying D&D again if they'd bring it back. Forgotten Realms and Magic: the Gathering are a pale substitution for Rogers' D&D book.

Darwyn Cooke's Parker books are amazing as well.
    Last edited by MichaelPaytonMZ; 12-06-2012 at 11:37 AM.

currently, i'm only reading Locke & Key and Star Trek from IDW.

L&K is probably one of the best comic books published at the moment... sadly, there's only a handful of issues left before the story concludes. Star Trek has also been getting better and better recently.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPaytonMZ View Post
    Darwyn Cooke's Parker books are amazing as well.
    I forgot those were IDW. Among the best graphic novels being published.

I see the first is about to come out in paperback. I remember to one of their execs at a Con a few years ago asking about PBs of the Parker books. He said it didn't make financial sense to publish, since the cost to price of a PB didn't work well. Guess they changed their mind.

Popeye, Classic Popeye, and anything else with Popeye they've got in store. I love the character, and they've handled him in the best possible way.